Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-04-2020, 01:03 PM   #1
Jaystroh

Drives: Camaro RS 2LT
EOS side skirt question?

So I was researching the EOS side skirts on their website and they have 16-18 version and 19-up version? Aren’t the side rockers all the the same on the 6th gens except for the Zl1? What would the difference be? I watched an install video on their website with a 19 or newer SS and the installer mentioned that the older models had trouble with the fitment and that the new version seems to be better. I guess I was under the impression the rocker panel was the same on all years and now I’m not sure which version I should get? If the new version for 19 up is better fit than I want that one but not if it doesn’t fit or is somehow different? Anyone with knowledge of this or has installed them etc please chime in thanks! if I don’t get anything on here I’ll try to message EOS.
Jaystroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 03:54 PM   #2
SSbeast

Drives: 16' ss Nightfall grey metallic,npp
I got the 16-up t6 side skirts and they were a perfect fit for my 2016 ss, I would recommend getting the carbon fiber because there is a lot of dimples in them ,so it took a good bit of primer and sanding to get them ready for paint
SSbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 04:04 PM   #3
Jaystroh

Good to know. I want to do satin black to match other stuff. Sucks they need a lot of prep. I’m between c7 carbon and this brand but don’t want to end up spending more because of prep work and customizing.
Old 12-04-2020, 04:16 PM   #4
SSbeast

Drives: 16' ss Nightfall grey metallic,npp
It wasn’t too bad just time consuming
Attached Images

SSbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 05:07 PM   #5
Jaystroh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbeast View Post
It wasn’t too bad just time consuming
I’m ok with that as long as the product is good! Thanks for the input. Did they include the screws or self tappers?
Old 12-05-2020, 07:06 AM   #6
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Their marketing info is weird. The cars are the same but they have a new "style" based on the refresh in 2019. To me, they look a bit better and that's what I went with.

Lots of complaints about the original style not having good fitment towards the rear and not conforming well to the body lines.

Curious why the CF ones are recommended if you're going to paint them? I didn't paint mine at all and there's only a couple of small dimples that don't show.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 10:01 PM   #7
Jaystroh

Ok it was a little confusing. I’m gonna have my body shop guy do the prep and paint in satin black. I already ordered the 16-18 ones so hopefully they do the job. Didn’t want to order the 19 up ones and then have the wrong thing.
Old 01-17-2021, 12:59 PM   #8
GTO_Gregory

Drives: 2016 Camaro
I purchased the EOS skirts off their Amazon site. Fitment was good. A bunch of sheet metal screws were included. I talked to the installer at EOS over the phone, but he was worthless.
2006 Quicksilver 6-speed GTO ERL LS3-430, All-Pro 285cc heads, 262/273 .758/.742 116+3 cam, Sheet-metal Intake, 70lb Siemens injectors, SLP, GMM Ripshifter, QA1 Coil-overs front and rear, nylon suspension bushings, Hotchkis, RPM Trans, SPEC twin clutch, SpinTech, Kooks 1 7/8 -2.0", BMR drive train, Kaaz 3.91, Lingenfelter CAI, Baer brakes, mini-tubs, E85.
GTO_Gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 04:32 PM   #9
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO_Gregory View Post
I purchased the EOS skirts off their Amazon site. Fitment was good. A bunch of sheet metal screws were included. I talked to the installer at EOS over the phone, but he was worthless.
I installed zero screws in the skirts - tape only for me. I was very particular about where I located the tape, the prep process, and heating everything with a hair dryer during the installation as it speeds up the bonding process.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote