Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 01-19-2021, 08:00 AM   #15
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
What I have noticed in this section is that Idaho2018 has been treating magazine articles as if they are written in stone. He apparently does not go out to the dragstrip and see what the actual cars that are sold off the lots really do. He has argued with me in the past from that perspective, when I had told the truth about the 2018+ 5.0 Mustang compared to the SS Camaro. Seems he did not like that truth, because he quoted magazine specs in an attempt to refute the reality that I have been seeing relative to those 2 cars. So, I'm guessing that his faith in that motor trend article is just more of that same devotion to the propoganda indistry.
I am curious now, what is the truth about the 2018+ GT vs the SS? Serious question.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 11:03 AM   #16
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
I am curious now, what is the truth about the 2018+ GT vs the SS? Serious question.
The truth which I had posted, and Idaho2018 had obviously objected to, was that the 2018+ 5.0 Mustangs with the A10 trans were still not quite as quick as the auto trans 2016+ Camaro SS in the 1/4 mile.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:08 AM   #17
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
The truth which I had posted, and Idaho2018 had obviously objected to, was that the 2018+ 5.0 Mustangs with the A10 trans were still not quite as quick as the auto trans 2016+ Camaro SS in the 1/4 mile.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 02:44 PM   #18
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
Quote:
What I have noticed in this section is that Idaho2018 has been treating magazine articles as if they are written in stone. He apparently does not go out to the dragstrip and see what the actual cars that are sold off the lots really do. He has argued with me in the past from that perspective, when I had told the truth about the 2018+ 5.0 Mustang compared to the SS Camaro. Seems he did not like that truth, because he quoted magazine specs in an attempt to refute the reality that I have been seeing relative to those 2 cars. So, I'm guessing that his faith in that motor trend article is just more of that same devotion to the propoganda indistry.

I'm not on here much anymore so I don't know much about Idaho but your post reminds me of the OG days when New Moon was doing the same thing lol. That goof kept taking about Jeff Lutz making a 12.3 ?? pass in Texas...and because he was a professional driver, nobody could do better.
The icing on that cake was when people were pointing him to our Fast List and he said we were ALL secretly communicating and modding our cars and not telling anyone outside the forum... I'm lol'ing as I'm typing, can't make that stuff up. The denial was strong with that cat.
Old 01-22-2021, 11:14 AM   #19
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
I'm not on here much anymore so I don't know much about Idaho but your post reminds me of the OG days when New Moon was doing the same thing lol. That goof kept taking about Jeff Lutz making a 12.3 ?? pass in Texas...and because he was a professional driver, nobody could do better.
The icing on that cake was when people were pointing him to our Fast List and he said we were ALL secretly communicating and modding our cars and not telling anyone outside the forum... I'm lol'ing as I'm typing, can't make that stuff up. The denial was strong with that cat.
Oh yeah, I remember that guy posting, he was full of crap.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 09:39 AM   #20
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
That guy was full of it. You would present him with facts that destroyed his argument and he would just go silent until the next time he talked out of his you know what.

A lot of these guys also pick and chose stats, slowest Camaro test vs fastest mustang test like people won't catch on and correct them.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote