Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-07-2021, 08:36 AM   #71
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
The Recaros in the ZL1 are definitely snug, comfortable, and amazing. The HC seats are more cushiony, soft, and amazing. They're both suited very well for the car they are in and the purposes. If the ZL1 seats were in a HC and vice versa then they would be terrible.

Yea definitely old times. LOL!! I think you and I have had more interactions than any two other people in here in the history of this forum.

I might be a bit harsh on Ford, but I'll admit that GM does have the same issues. It just seems like it is more so with Ford and especially in the more expensive trims. With the Camaro and Corvette, it seems like GM puts more effort into the fit and finish. With the Mustang, the GT500 gets the same treatment as a Base EB. Or so it seems. I would not let it deter me if I were in the market and found one at MSRP. But I think Ford realizes either way that the car is going to sell so it isn't really a concern. The buyer will either fix it themself or bring it in to be corrected so it doesn't matter.
hahahaha probably. I had some pretty epic back and forth with some old school members on Camaro5 when I will admit might have been a bit more of a fanboy lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 02:53 PM   #72
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I'm not sure if I asked Idaho this but are you planning to mod the ZL1 at some point? How extensive? Honestly, any modding of this car beyond an intake and exhaust is unnecessary. That's how amazing it is stock. But there are a lot of guys out there in the 700+ RWHP range. And they're getting there easily and safely with no difference in driveability. What are your plans with it?
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 09:24 PM   #73
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
I'm not sure if I asked Idaho this but are you planning to mod the ZL1 at some point? How extensive? Honestly, any modding of this car beyond an intake and exhaust is unnecessary. That's how amazing it is stock. But there are a lot of guys out there in the 700+ RWHP range. And they're getting there easily and safely with no difference in driveability. What are your plans with it?
My plan is to keep it stock or mostly stock while under warranty. I plan to enjoy the heck out of the car and if I ever get used to the stock power then maybe start doing things like I did to my GT that won't require a tune or affect drivetrain warranty, and/or find places to reduce weight. Like you mentioned maybe eventually a CAI and if I can find a good deal on something like a Borla S type catback; but they are really expensive for the ZL1. I love the Borla system on my GT, though.

Eventually I may do more once the warranty is expired - i.e., ported TB, tune, and a slightly smaller pulley - but only a small change that won't require upgrading the stock fuel or intercooler systems or require catless headers, maybe a ported blower...maybe E50 at that time as well if I can confirm the ethanol station. I've only scratched the surface on my research for that level of mods so I'm not sure exactly what I'll do yet and how they all fit together. That's years away though, if I do it at all - so there's time.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 10:05 PM   #74
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
See, I’m pretty sure in the province I live in, there is a law against charging over msrp. I could be wrong but for some reason I’m pretty sure I read that somewhere.Now, if a used car company buys it, puts a few miles on it, then they can sell it over MSRP obviously. But the one car only had 10.9kms and it was being sold by a Ford dealer, and if I’m correct about charging over MSRP in this province, then Jesus that’s a ton of money for this car. Double the cost of my car and we haven’t dealt with the taxes yet.
Now again, maybe somebody from Ontario will correct me and I’m wrong. But, if I’m not, the pricing of this car isn’t justified in my eyes.
OR, the ZLEs and ZL1s are just that much of a screaming deal for a very impressive car.
I guess you can look at it both ways.
I stand corrected. I was wrong. There is a local dealer with a Track Pack car. They advertise it as MSRP of 142,112 and are selling for the bargain price of 192,112.
The base GT500 is MSRP of 108,912 and bargain price of 129,662.
My ZLE is 120,000 less than that Track Pack. And that’s before you add the licensing fees and taxes on the GT500 so it’s more than 120,000 dollars more. Holy crap!!!
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 10:24 PM   #75
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
My plan is to keep it stock or mostly stock while under warranty. I plan to enjoy the heck out of the car and if I ever get used to the stock power then maybe start doing things like I did to my GT that won't require a tune or affect drivetrain warranty, and/or find places to reduce weight. Like you mentioned maybe eventually a CAI and if I can find a good deal on something like a Borla S type catback; but they are really expensive for the ZL1. I love the Borla system on my GT, though.

Eventually I may do more once the warranty is expired - i.e., ported TB, tune, and a slightly smaller pulley - but only a small change that won't require upgrading the stock fuel or intercooler systems or require catless headers, maybe a ported blower...maybe E50 at that time as well if I can confirm the ethanol station. I've only scratched the surface on my research for that level of mods so I'm not sure exactly what I'll do yet and how they all fit together. That's years away though, if I do it at all - so there's time.
My only advice would be that whatever you do, avoid doing anything with the stock blower altogether. It is just gonna run too hot. For what you'll spend messing with that blower, it won't be worth any more than stock if you eventually upgraded to an aftermarket blower. And all the money you will have spent on it will be a waste.

And I personally am not a fan of any E stuff (E85, E50, etc).
Old 01-20-2021, 09:38 PM   #76
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

I'm actually considering a GT350 (non-R) to purchase. The goal will be to hit it with boost and make a decent handling 800 RWHP beast out of it!!
Old 01-21-2021, 07:47 PM   #77
Idaho2018GTPremium

Quote:
I'm actually considering a GT350 (non-R) to purchase. The goal will be to hit it with boost and make a decent handling 800 RWHP beast out of it!!
Whhaaat? After all the crap you've given the GT350??

Past:
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Old 01-21-2021, 08:37 PM   #78
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Whhaaat? After all the crap you've given the GT350??
Well the thing is it comes down to the GT Premium or the GT350 for what I would want. If I got the Premium then I would have to upgrade the suspension. I'm not completely sure I wanna modify a car that much tho. The GT350 already handles decent. And, not for nothin, it is a higher trim than the GT and it looks much better as well as having a lot of features the GT doesn't have. On top of not carrying the extra price that the R comes with. The GT500 is completely out of the question because I adamantly refuse to pay any markup. So I figure if I can get a used GT350 at a decent price and then just throw LTs and a blower at it then that is the best option for me.

I considered the PP2 but I think the GT350 is a better deal. The Mach1...nope. So when I break it all down, the GT350 is the middle of the road between the lower and higher trims, it handles really well, the price is very good, so that is the way to go.
Old 01-23-2021, 05:27 PM   #79
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

I figure a 16 will do just fine. I'm gonna look for one in the mid $40K range with low miles. I don't really care about the miles since it's gonna be modded anyway. But I for sure don't want one with like 30K+ miles. And I'll try to get either blue or red. My cars and bikes are all black, white, gray so I kinda want to brighten it up a bit. The goal will be to get it around like April or May and then have it ready to ship to a performance shop around September. I'll probably go with Beefcake Racing or Phastek. I'm not completely sure yet but I'll probably go with a centri blower.

If anyone remembers, what were the different packages available for the 16 GT350? Was it the tech pack and the track pack? I remember you can't get both on the 16s, you had to choose one or the other. Did they make them standard at some point or so that you can order both? I remember dogging Ford for that. Between the two I'll take the tech pack. But if I can find one of the newer ones with both and not too far away from what I plan to spend then I'll go that route.
Old 01-23-2021, 07:12 PM   #80
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
This forum has suddenly become a very unique and, shall I say, more united place, with Idaho ordering a ZL1 and Blaq plopping down for a GT350

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 09:07 PM   #81
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

I found the answer to my question. For 15 and 16 the GT350 came base or with the option to add in either the tech package (heated/cooled seats, Sync3, etc) or the track package (upgraded suspension). In 2017 Ford made the track package stuff a standard feature but allowed you to add in the tech package which was then called the "Convenience" package. Thus giving you everything. So I guess I'll see if I can find a 17 with the CP added for a decent price. I just figure I'll wait until after Winter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
This forum has suddenly become a very unique and, shall I say, more united place, with Idaho ordering a ZL1 and Blaq plopping down for a GT350
I figure a used GT350 non-R is pretty much the all around the best value for a Mustang these days. The GT500 is just way too expensive for my liking. And those markups make it even worse. The GT350-R is just expensive for no dang reason. I get it, it handles good. But at the price you're well into the price of everything that beats it pretty badly in everything that matters. The GT is just too standard. I did think about getting one of the Lebanon Performance GTs but it is still just a supercharged GT. By the time you do suspension mods and everything else then you might as well have bought the GT350. The PP2 is kinda along those same lines. Less performance than a GT350 but hovering in the same price range. The Bullitt, no thanks. Again, same as the PP2, less performance than the GT350 but in the same price range. And the GT350 looks better than the lower trims and, arguably, just as good as the GT500. It carries much less weight, doesn't have an expensive and unnecessary DCT, and to me seems better built. So that is the way to go I think. Unless I change my mind and decide on a GTR.

Never thought I'd see the day that I go on a positive rant about the GT350...
Old 01-24-2021, 02:52 PM   #82
Idaho2018GTPremium

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Ha! Yes, now what are Blaq and I going to debate?

Quote:
I found the answer to my question. For 15 and 16 the GT350 came base or with the option to add in either the tech package (heated/cooled seats, Sync3, etc) or the track package (upgraded suspension). In 2017 Ford made the track package stuff a standard feature but allowed you to add in the tech package which was then called the "Convenience" package. Thus giving you everything. So I guess I'll see if I can find a 17 with the CP added for a decent price. I just figure I'll wait until after Winter.

I figure a used GT350 non-R is pretty much the all around the best value for a Mustang these days. The GT500 is just way too expensive for my liking. And those markups make it even worse. The GT350-R is just expensive for no dang reason. I get it, it handles good. But at the price you're well into the price of everything that beats it pretty badly in everything that matters. The GT is just too standard. I did think about getting one of the Lebanon Performance GTs but it is still just a supercharged GT. By the time you do suspension mods and everything else then you might as well have bought the GT350. The PP2 is kinda along those same lines. Less performance than a GT350 but hovering in the same price range. The Bullitt, no thanks. Again, same as the PP2, less performance than the GT350 but in the same price range. And the GT350 looks better than the lower trims and, arguably, just as good as the GT500. It carries much less weight, doesn't have an expensive and unnecessary DCT, and to me seems better built. So that is the way to go I think. Unless I change my mind and decide on a GTR.

Never thought I'd see the day that I go on a positive rant about the GT350...
I agree the GT350 is better looking than a PP1 or PP2 GT. Plus, it's more unique. If you get a regular GT (even supercharged) you'll be like me and one of 20+ Mustang GTs at Cars and Coffee. That's one of the subjective benefits of upgrading to a ZL1 over my GT; I think I've said on here before: 6th gen ZL1s are not that common around here. GT350s are more rare than GTs as well, and look really good. My buddy's 2019 GT350 gets noticed at Cars and Coffee (blue w/ white stripes), even amongst the Mustang GTs.

I briefly looked at 2017+ used GT-Rs before I ordered my ZL1, but realized I could buy a new ZL1 that equals a GT-R in performance for quite a bit less money.

Past:
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Old 01-24-2021, 05:25 PM   #83
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Ha! Yes, now what are Blaq and I going to debate?

HAHA!! It's like, 2020 was a shit show and now 2021 is just opposite's year!!

Before you know it M6G is gonna welcome me with open arms and you'll get banned from there, HAHA!!
Old 01-24-2021, 05:33 PM   #84
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
I agree the GT350 is better looking than a PP1 or PP2 GT. Plus, it's more unique. If you get a regular GT (even supercharged) you'll be like me and one of 20+ Mustang GTs at Cars and Coffee. That's one of the subjective benefits of upgrading to a ZL1 over my GT; I think I've said on here before: 6th gen ZL1s are not that common around here. GT350s are more rare than GTs as well, and look really good. My buddy's 2019 GT350 gets noticed at Cars and Coffee (blue w/ white stripes), even amongst the Mustang GTs.
Quote:
I briefly looked at 2017+ used GT-Rs before I ordered my ZL1, but realized I could buy a new ZL1 that equals a GT-R in performance for quite a bit less money.
My biggest gripe with the GTR is that it is just too plain civilian looking. Half the time I don't even know it's a GTR until I actually look at it. It just does not stand out like a Shelby or ZL1 does. And you're right about the performance. However from a dig I do think the GTR has the advantage due to AWD. And once you start modding them I think the GTR will go faster and still be much more live-able as a DD. But like you said, when you factor in that for the price of a used 4 year old GTR you can get a brand new fully optioned ZL1 then the go to is the ZL1.

In my case it is the opposite. For what I have planned it would not make sense to buy a brand new GT350 when I can get a low mileage one for mid $40K and then put the $15K into it to make it what I want and end up with a 800+ RWHP GT350 and a total price spent of around $55K to $60K. Plus since I'll be voiding the warranty right off the bat, I'd rather not spend the extra money for a brand new one and then have no warranty.