#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 05-24-2019, 05:14 PM   #15
BMKY

Drives: 18 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Well the original stockers were done back in early 2017 after about 6-7 track days and some dd.

Ive tried 2 other tires:
Cup2 which were horrifically expensive but i had never run them and expected better pace, but got no improvement and corded a front after 5 days.
RE71R 295 square which was more $ vs G3s but still reasonable and lasted the same as G3s. Liked them a lot, but didnt gain any pace so went back to G3s.

At this stage ive ordered a set of G3 and RE71R for this season start, only because our local GY warehouse is dumping older stock of late 2017MY. Still acceptable and the price is right, but I aint happy. So will run them both again and see where i land for my 3rd set this season.

Cheers!
Thank you very much for all the useful information. My next set may be G3 or PS4S.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:55 PM   #16
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMKY View Post
Thank you very much for all the useful information. My next set may be G3 or PS4S.
My pleasure! 4S will likely be a better dd tire (and still perform decently at an occasional track event) plus last much longer then G3. The latter is really a track focused tire masquerading as a street tire with a laughable tread rating of 220 which is a huge sand bag NB RE71R is in the same camp with 200 rating to please time trial and autox tire rules. Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote