Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 06-30-2018, 06:59 PM   #1
Boosted_ST
LT1 1LE

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE HPB
2019 SS 1LE vs. 2019 Bullitt

Hi everyone,

I'm debating b/w a Camaro 2SS 1LE vs a Mustang Bullitt.

Both have their pros and cons, I'm sure. So what are they?

Camaro is costing me $62K Canadian (cars are evidently 50% more expensive here than in Canada) and the Bullitt is at $63K all-in.

I'm looking primarily at resale value as I tend to keep my car for ~5 years. Would the 1LE command a premium over Bullitt when it's time for resale?
Boosted_ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:21 PM   #2
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Looks like you answered your own question with the resale value bit. The Bullitt is a limited car, the 1le is not.

Id go for the 2ss 1le, but thats just me.
Old 06-30-2018, 07:35 PM   #3
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Resale should be the last factor in the list. Buy the car you like the most. Resale should only be a factor if you like both cars a lot and you can't decide after considering all the other pro's and cons of the vehicles. What is the point of buying the Bullitt if you end up not liking the Mustang and preferred the Camaro?

But to answer the question, Bullitt will most likely to hold its value better given the limited run.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:12 PM   #4
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted_ST View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm debating b/w a Camaro 2SS 1LE vs a Mustang Bullitt.

Both have their pros and cons, I'm sure. So what are they?

Camaro is costing me $62K Canadian (cars are evidently 50% more expensive here than in Canada) and the Bullitt is at $63K all-in.

I'm looking primarily at resale value as I tend to keep my car for ~5 years. Would the 1LE command a premium over Bullitt when it's time for resale?
Resale value in 5 years will depend on how much you drive it , if you plan on doing mostly car shows and a short weekly drive to a coffee shop keeping miles very low then the Bullitt may be the way to go to take advantage of resale.The 1LE is a drivers car , its a true legend it its own way. You will want to drive it and it will deliver anywhere you take , backroads to a race course . I think the last limited Bullitt they made over 5,000 so i would guess they will build at least that for the 2019 , for the 2017 year there was 1,512 SS/1LEs built and now that they offer the 2 SS 1LE may hit the 2,500 area per year . The 1LE is not limited but i will bet there will be less on the road for the model year anyway. I have owned 2 1LEs over the last 4 years and never seen another one in my travels .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:20 PM   #5
Boosted_ST
LT1 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post
Resale should be the last factor in the list. Buy the car you like the most. Resale should only be a factor if you like both cars a lot and you can't decide after considering all the other pro's and cons of the vehicles. What is the point of buying the Bullitt if you end up not liking the Mustang and preferred the Camaro?

But to answer the question, Bullitt will most likely to hold its value better given the limited run.
Resale is not the top reason, for sure. I like both cars though in very different ways:

- 1LE for its looks, performance, features, transmission.

- Bullitt for its power, pedigree, interior, ergonomics, and the fact that I've owned a Ford before and am very happy with their reliability.

Plus, my dealer is giving me the Bullitt at MSRP rather than charge an ADM.

Unfortunately, the Bullitt won't be here until October so I cannot definitively figure out which one will drive better.

At the moment, I can't decide as these two cars are so close together. I love the fact that 1LE can hang with supercars with its incredible performance. Tremec + LT1 = winner.
Old 06-30-2018, 08:21 PM   #6
Boosted_ST
LT1 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
Looks like you answered your own question with the resale value bit. The Bullitt is a limited car, the 1le is not.

Id go for the 2ss 1le, but thats just me.
Why go with 2SS 1LE? What's your reasoning behind it?
Old 06-30-2018, 08:32 PM   #7
ChevyRules

Quote:
Resale is not the top reason, for sure. I like both cars though in very different ways:

- 1LE for its looks, performance, features, transmission.

- Bullitt for its power, pedigree, interior, ergonomics, and the fact that I've owned a Ford before and am very happy with their reliability.

Plus, my dealer is giving me the Bullitt at MSRP rather than charge an ADM.

Unfortunately, the Bullitt won't be here until October so I cannot definitively figure out which one will drive better.

At the moment, I can't decide as these two cars are so close together. I love the fact that 1LE can hang with supercars with its incredible performance. Tremec + LT1 = winner.

Ah cool. I see too many people put resale too high up on their priorities.

It's super awesome you have a dealer willing to do MSRP without ADM for the Bullitt. Just go drive a normal GT with PP1. It should drive the same as the Bullitt outside of being down 20 HP.

If this was a 2019 Camaro, I could easily tell you to go for the Bullitt because I don't know if I could overlook the refresh's ugliness despite the fact the 1LE will be the definitive better driving vehicle.
Old 06-30-2018, 08:36 PM   #8
Boosted_ST
LT1 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post
Ah cool. I see too many people put resale too high up on their priorities.

It's super awesome you have a dealer willing to do MSRP without ADM for the Bullitt. Just go drive a normal GT with PP1. It should drive the same as the Bullitt outside of being down 20 HP.

If this was a 2019 Camaro, I could easily tell you to go for the Bullitt because I don't know if I could overlook the refresh's ugliness despite the 1LE will be the definitive better driving vehicle.
This is comparing a '19 Camaro 2SS 1LE versus '19 Bullitt.

You can no longer order 2018 Camaro, and the only 1LE around are either white or black and don't have PDR which is what I want.

If the consensus is that the Camaro will definitely be a better driving car then my decision is made. I'll still wait to test-drive the Bullitt, though.
Old 06-30-2018, 08:38 PM   #9
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Why go with 2SS 1LE? What's your reasoning behind it?
I would go 1LE for 2 reasons: 1. I wouldn't get a Mustang without the A10. I am not a fan of the MT82. 2. The PP1 on the Bullitt is not anywhere close to where the 1LE is. Go drive an M6 2018 Mustang with the PP1 and that will be close to the Bullitt.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:41 PM   #10
ChevyRules

Quote:
This is comparing a '19 Camaro 2SS 1LE versus '19 Bullitt.

You can no longer order 2018 Camaro, and the only 1LE around are either white or black and don't have PDR which is what I want.

If the consensus is that the Camaro will definitely be a better driving car then my decision is made. I'll still wait to test-drive the Bullitt, though.

Oops... Thought I saw 2018. I think I would go for the Bullitt just for the looks then. I love that highlander green paint. I guess how the front end looks doesn't matter since you're the one driving it and doesn't have to always look at it.....

Yeah 1LE will be the better driving car. Bullitt only comes with the PP1 package, not PP2. PP1 brings the Mustang to roughly to the normal SS level( SS still edges it out). 1LE takes the SS to another level.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:00 AM   #11
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
To me the Bullitt is just a GT PP1 with badges, a manual trans, and a higher sticker price. So why not just get the PP1 GT? The Bullitt has a little more HP which isn't enough to justify it's existence if you ask me. And I'm not knocking it, I'm just saying. The SS 1LE will murder the Bullitt in a straight line and around a track. The Bullitt will have better visibility (which is of the utmost importance over on M6G forums) and probably a little bit better storage space (again, another very important thing for a performance car over on M6G). Resale value...well I don't think the Bullitt will retain value like a Shelby so you gotta factor that. If you truly like the Bullitt tho then go for it. It isn't a bad car. I just wouldn't waste my money on it when there are way better choices. For instance, I'd get a used GT350 before getting a Bullitt.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:33 AM   #12
ChevyRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
To me the Bullitt is just a GT PP1 with badges, a manual trans, and a higher sticker price. So why not just get the PP1 GT? The Bullitt has a little more HP which isn't enough to justify it's existence if you ask me. And I'm not knocking it, I'm just saying. The SS 1LE will murder the Bullitt in a straight line and around a track. The Bullitt will have better visibility (which is of the utmost importance over on M6G forums) and probably a little bit better storage space (again, another very important thing for a performance car over on M6G). Resale value...well I don't think the Bullitt will retain value like a Shelby so you gotta factor that. If you truly like the Bullitt tho then go for it. It isn't a bad car. I just wouldn't waste my money on it when there are way better choices. For instance, I'd get a used GT350 before getting a Bullitt.
1LE will murder the Bullitt around the track, but it will not murder it in a straight line. I would expect the Bullitt to be equal in a straight line with the 1LE. The GT PP1 was about equal 0-60 and 1/4 mile in the MT H2H. 1LE has a slight edge in 0-60, but the GT PP1 closed the gap in the quarter. It would be a drivers race really in both cases.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:35 AM   #13
benjj

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I agree with looking at the GT350 over the Bullitt. The 350 looks way better and I would bet it will hold its resale value better. The GT350 is a great looking car, the Bullitt is just kinda “meh.” I would have a hard time settling on any manual Mustang that wasn’t a 350 with how much quicker the auto is.

The 2ss 1le will most likely be faster quarter and track wise. I haven’t seen the 2019 SS 1le but I don’t think the front end is fixable with a wrapped hood and a splitter. If you were considering an 18 1le I’d tell you to get on it if you could find a color you wanted.
benjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 06:57 PM   #14
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
If you are going to spend $62k, look for a slightly used Zl1.