Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 07-13-2017, 06:01 PM   #29
slick3

Drives: Garnet Red - 20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
the pic is my 17 J1
Nevermind, I was looking at what I had on my 17 and swore it was different but I think I just need another cup of coffee
slick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 06:25 PM   #30
JohnE

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS / 1SS
Quote:
ECM Modifications (HP Tuners v3.2.x required)
Quote:

23. The attached zip file contains a baseline HPT file for reference on enabling the Flex Fuel sensor only. All performance related tables are stock in the baseline file. The changelog.txt file will indicate what is required and what is optional (but highly recommended). I have not looked at a 2017 file so I do not know if everything for the 2016 will translate over. The stock Flex Fuel tables are very good from a performance perspective so you will realize a high increase in torque across the board without actually doing a dyno tune. If you make it this far take the time after installation to monitor knock retard and adjust accordingly. Depending on ambient conditions you might need to lower timing in the higher g/cyl areas of the high octane spark tables. GM did not optimize the timing when you start getting past 0.92 g/cyl.

Tim
Hi Tim, Thanks for the great write-up. I just finished installing mine today (bought it from skidmark though very similar). I have my HP Tuners programmer on order and should get it next week.

So the GM ethanol tune is already pretty decent? My 2016 SS is stock with just the E85 sensor. Can you tell me what parts I should tune to maximize the HP gains? thanks for any info. -John
JohnE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:10 PM   #31
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Kudos to DMS for a top quality kit and to TSloper for the great writeup! The kit was a breeze to install but I have to admit that I was a little nervous about the location of pills 38 until I found this writeup. The photo put my mind at ease. I initially installed the jumper harness on coil #6 but relocated to #8 per TSloper's instructions after I discovered that the plastic "valve cover" will fit much better with the harness plugged in at the back of the motor.
I loaded my Ted Jannetty E85 tune and can't wait to fill up with e85 on my way home tomorrow;I should be on fumes so I should realize the full benefitsunami of the fuel/tuning.
UPS guy showed up with my Pray ported IM/TB just as I finished loading the tune (thanks Brett). Now I know what I will be doing tomorrow evening!
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:14 PM   #32
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Make that pin 38. My phone thinks I can't spell - I'm actually not too bad, won the spelling been in 5th grade lol!
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:59 PM   #33
Jonathon533

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Does anyone know what the two 4 pin (male and female) connectors do?
Jonathon533 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:27 AM   #34
k818mn1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS, Garnet Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
My phone thinks I can't spell - I'm actually not too bad, won the spelling been in 5th grade lol!
Oh, the irony!
k818mn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 07:31 AM   #35
DSX Tuning

Drives: 2019 Corvette ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathon533 View Post
Does anyone know what the two 4 pin (male and female) connectors do?
Ignition coil.
Attached Images

DSX Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 10:25 PM   #36
UTURNMOTORSPORTS

Drives: Red Camaro
Does anyone have a tune for a blend of 91 octane and E-85? I need a tut for hp tuners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UTURNMOTORSPORTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:39 AM   #37
lokitwitch04

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSloper View Post
Valid question... I will have to write up a relatively lengthy response to address it properly. If you choose not to implement the optional changes (except for the cranking tables) you will be good to go but may not be maximizing the torque output. If you implement the optional changes (not including the cranking tables) you will likely have to tweak the high octane table at the upper load, upper RPM areas to minimize knock retard. Those areas of the tables are extrapolations more than anything. As the weather gets cooler you may hit areas of the table that need some tweaking. When I say tweaking it could literally be just a degree or two of timing to clean it up in specific spots. I've got many many logs under my belt on this and my personal tune was meticulously done to get things as perfect as possible on my car. My personal tune also blends my E10 tune and E85 tune in a way that I didn't compromise one for the other.

Shift points on the A8 are another area that don't "need" to be changed but should be changed if you are maximizing everything. The stock shift points may no longer be ideal. I created a Matlab script to read in my Dynojet torque curve and calculate the new shift points based on that curve.

Enabling the Flex Fuel sensor is relatively straight forward but as you start getting into more advanced issues of blending gas and E85 tunes, or trying to maximize everything, there are a lot of subtleties that I don't think most would pay attention to. I learned a lot when doing the straight E85 tune.

Best thing to do is just ask questions as you go. Trying to explain how/why would take too long

Tim
I just opened up this tune file as I plan on loading it into my car tonight. It looks like everything you suggested is already turned on. Does that mean once I load this tune everything should be good to go with your suggestions? Or is there something I'm missing?
lokitwitch04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 07:23 PM   #38
Hyper1SS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 NPP
Following to find out more. Great write up

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Order ID: TDHQMS
1100 on 01/07/2016 at Penske Chevrolet
6000 on 02/23/2016 Delivered to customer
Hyper1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 03:19 PM   #39
iroc_z88
Iroc-z

Drives: Camaro SS 2017
I have a problem, my ff kit e85 it`s connected in the pin 38 correctly, my hp tunners it`s now enable and flex fuel in sensor, the problem is in the scanner no detected % of e85 and no have signal, actualy have 12v, ground and signal is 0.17 from the ECM
iroc_z88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 03:13 PM   #40
oneplustwo

Drives: 2018 Torch Red SS 1LE with Whipple
Photo with wire wrap

Thanks for the write up! Just installed mine. Only differences were that my instructions from DSX said the retaining clips were not reused. Also, the wire on mine was white and stuck out like a sore thumb so I used some wire wrap to make it a little more stealthy. I’m getting a custom tune after my rotofab comes in and should be good to go!
Attached Images

oneplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:53 PM   #41
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
maybe its just the pic but your top overflow bottle is supposed to be full to the top.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:57 PM   #42
Lt1 Ghost

Drives: 2017 Camaro ss
What is the GM part # for the sensor?
Lt1 Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote