Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-29-2019, 09:17 AM   #1
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
Challenger market share up Charger Outsells Mustang Camaro

Nice article on the Charger and Challenger

https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...rs/3495485002/

“Here is a really old vehicle and it’s outselling the newest and the best from Ford and Chevrolet,” McElroy said. “It’s a practical car. If you want blinding fast performance, you can get a Challenger or a Charger with a Hellcat or Hemi engine. You’ve got a big back seat (in both) that can comfortably fit five adults in the car or easily put two child seats in the back. You can’t do that with a Mustang or Camaro. It’s a second car for guys and gals who want to be weekend warriors.”

He added, “The Challenger isn’t as good a track car as the Camaro or Mustang but most people aren’t going to the track. You get all the panache, all the image, all the performance and you still put your family in it and go have a picnic.”
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:36 PM   #2
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I agree completely, but for me, both of these cars are just too big and heavier than I'd want. For me, the 6th gen is about perfect, although a bit tight. As for a performance sedan, the now gone SS, or the G8 were great size-wise (although kind of bland looking, which I have a hard time looking past) where as once again, the Charger looks bad-ass, but it's huge.
Old 04-29-2019, 01:09 PM   #3
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I agree completely, but for me, both of these cars are just too big and heavier than I'd want. For me, the 6th gen is about perfect, although a bit tight. As for a performance sedan, the now gone SS, or the G8 were great size-wise (although kind of bland looking, which I have a hard time looking past) where as once again, the Charger looks bad-ass, but it's huge.
The Dodge car's would have been perfect for someone like me....I just don't trust their reliability to drop that kind of coin on one.

Had the SS still been being built and not fully loaded I'd probably have one of those in my driveway(vanilla looks and all)
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 02:43 PM   #4
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
I have to agree with the article and the quote. I had a great 2010 2SS/RS for over 8 years with a good mod list pushing over 600rwhp. But I was done shifting gears and it was very low tech. I went to the dealership one sunday afternoon just to try a Challenger and I did not like it. You could really feel the weight in it. Then I drove a 2018 Charger scat with the 8 speed auto. Dodge got this car right. Even though it weighs more then the challenger, you would never know it. I wound up with the 2018 SRT 392 which are pretty reliable. But the tranny is what got me. It's so fun still being able to bang through the gears with the SRT version of the paddle shifters. This car has so much tech to play with. Just look at the performance pages and the adaptive cruise control! The ACC took some getting used to but wow its worth every penny. Launch mode is better in this car than the camaro but I'm comparing it to my 2010 SS which did not have any tech in it all. Then there is the exhaust. When I started the scat I immediately asked the sales guy if this was an after market system and it was not. The stock sound in both the challenger and charger is just so awesome and gratifying. When I drove the new camaro SS I found it very quiet. The mustang sounds great as well. I bought my charger last august and there have been zero issues besides guzzling gas.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:35 AM   #5
Rons1le

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE AGM
The main reason Chargers are at the top right now is they are cheap to lease...Same as they did in 2017 with the Challenger.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
2015 2SS RS 1LE NPP/w Kooks headers, Procharged, ID1050X injectors, Katech belt tensioner, Mighty Mouse Catch Can, BMR subframe connectors, Matco driveshaft loop, AEM Wideband/Boost/Fuel gauges , Z/28 Splitter and Spoiler/w Wicker bill, Power Stop rotors and brake pads, MRR Z/28 Rep Wheels 20" w/p zeros 285 fronts and 305 rears, ZL1 addons Rock guards and Tow hook, Rear window louvers, Flags on the quarter windows and the moonroof, Billet aluminum door handles.
Rons1le is offline   Reply With Quote