Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-05-2019, 08:36 PM   #57
BlueinTN

Drives: gas powered
I didnt want to say much before but I dont think they make Yellows for our car.

Thank you for confirming.

I think they need some heat to work the hotter they get the better in my experience. maybe get in the habit of dragging them a little at highway speed on occasion.

I would still considering getting a correct size in there and get full contact to the rotor that may help your other problem(thread).

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!
BlueinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 09:01 PM   #58
GT-ER

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueinTN View Post
I didnt want to say much before but I dont think they make Yellows for our car.

Thank you for confirming.

I think they need some heat to work the hotter they get the better in my experience. maybe get in the habit of dragging them a little at highway speed on occasion.

I would still considering getting a correct size in there and get full contact to the rotor that may help your other problem(thread).
Yeah, I have to test it on a day I take the car to work or something (longer drive). Sometimes I take the car out for a quick beating just to feel the rush and then let it cool off and park it. I think cold brakes are definitely the problem with not having strong high speed braking, but they still brake MUCH better than the powerstops and no spotting on the rotors, yet anyways.

If EBC ever releases the correct size I'd get it, but the ones I have were expensive as hell and appear to be giving me what I need at the moment (dust vs. brake quality) so I guess it'll do for now.
2018 ZL1 - Whipple with 3.25/9.10 pulleys, Katech 103mm TB, Rotofab Big Gulp Intake, Weapon X heat exchangers, 2" LT catless headers, AWE Resonated/Touring exhaust, NGK 6510 plugs, Granatelli 8mm Spark Plug Wires, 160* T-stat, Meth with dual 14GPH nozzles (running 100% meth), JMS voltage booster for LPFP - 806whp/808wtrq on 93
GT-ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 07:16 AM   #59
juice3

Drives: 19 ZLE A10,17 SS 1LE, 16 C7R,CT5V
They look glazed. Old secret for road racers is to spray with Brake Kleen, drive slowly while keeping constant drag pressure on the rotors for half a mile or so. Repeat two or three times.
juice3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 04:28 AM   #60
BlueinTN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-ER View Post
Yeah, I have to test it on a day I take the car to work or something (longer drive). Sometimes I take the car out for a quick beating just to feel the rush and then let it cool off and park it. I think cold brakes are definitely the problem with not having strong high speed braking, but they still brake MUCH better than the powerstops and no spotting on the rotors, yet anyways.

If EBC ever releases the correct size I'd get it, but the ones I have were expensive as hell and appear to be giving me what I need at the moment (dust vs. brake quality) so I guess it'll do for now.

https://www.c6performance.net/catalo...-p-510066.html

these should be the ones D1835 ,96 mm width. But the EBC website doesnt do anything with this number.

Old 11-13-2019, 07:02 PM   #61
GT-ER

Quote:
https://www.c6performance.net/catalo...-p-510066.html

these should be the ones D1835 ,96 mm width. But the EBC website doesnt do anything with this number.
Correct, this was already mentioned before and I tried to swap them out but EBC has them on backorder with no date so I ended up just keeping the ones I have.
2018 ZL1 - Whipple with 3.25/9.10 pulleys, Katech 103mm TB, Rotofab Big Gulp Intake, Weapon X heat exchangers, 2" LT catless headers, AWE Resonated/Touring exhaust, NGK 6510 plugs, Granatelli 8mm Spark Plug Wires, 160* T-stat, Meth with dual 14GPH nozzles (running 100% meth), JMS voltage booster for LPFP - 806whp/808wtrq on 93
Old 11-13-2019, 10:29 PM   #62
BlueinTN

OK. I was trying to confirm the correct EBC part number.

Old 11-14-2019, 05:50 PM   #63
GT-ER

Quote:
OK. I was trying to confirm the correct EBC part number.
Yeah, you are correct. Maybe by the time I wear these down the others will be available.