Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-23-2021, 03:14 PM   #57
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
That feels borderline impossible unless the strip was on a heavy downward slope and DA was like minus infinity. Granted, I have only limited experience, but I've never seen anyone pull off even a sub-12s hero time with a bone stock 6th gen SS, and 11.7 is just... so hard to believe.
Yep my buddies 2021 Lt1 10 spd on a tire went 12.3 at 117 in the summer weather and unprepped track
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 03:33 PM   #58
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
That feels borderline impossible unless the strip was on a heavy downward slope and DA was like minus infinity. Granted, I have only limited experience, but I've never seen anyone pull off even a sub-12s hero time with a bone stock 6th gen SS, and 11.7 is just... so hard to believe.
Fast track and negative DA. Never going to happen in average condition....nor was I implying that these cars run 11's stock on average. My point was just because a car made a Unicorn pass doesn't mean that is what they run. No different then a ZL1 that trapped 130 stock. Cecil county in November brings out the Unicorns.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 03:53 PM   #59
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Fast track and negative DA. Never going to happen in average condition....nor was I implying that these cars run 11's stock on average. My point was just because a car made a Unicorn pass doesn't mean that is what they run. No different then a ZL1 that trapped 130 stock. Cecil county in November brings out the Unicorns.
Spot on.
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 05:17 PM   #60
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
I may have witnessed a couple unicorns at YB over the years. After all, Cecil does have some of the best unicorn feed from the locals.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 05:22 PM   #61
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Yep, I used to Run Capitol, Cecil, MIR they all had wicked sick -DA days. I used to do track rentals in the spring and fall.

My A4 2004 GTO on Dunlop FM901s could get 1.5 60' times with a high 11. The car was dyno'd at 350/350 to the wheels at 4000lbs including driver.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 06:42 PM   #62
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
This LT1 is running 1/4 mile in the 11.8s! Stock except for the rear tires.
That car actually has a full drag pack. This means aftermarket skinny front wheels and skinny front tires to lose weight, plus aftermarket rear wheels to save weight and drag tires for traction. Additionally, that guy posted that he made a rear seat delete.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 07:05 PM   #63
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
That car actually has a full drag pack. This means aftermarket skinny front wheels and skinny front tires to lose weight, plus aftermarket rear wheels to save weight and drag tires for traction. Additionally, that guy posted that he made a rear seat delete.
You weren't suppose to tell him that. Now you ruined the magic for him.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 07:49 PM   #64
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
So not stock - <best surprised face>

STOCK IS STOCK - not stock "other than"

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote