Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-12-2021, 03:00 PM   #29
NA18CamaroSS

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
Header added

Back in late January I finally installed headers on the car. I opted for the American Racing 1 7/8" long tube headers, X-pipe and exhaust mated to the stock NPP muffler. I took the car to Superior to see where the car was at: it made 459 torque and 463 HP--down from 469 torque and 479 HP that the car made in June of 2020 with the stock exhaust manifolds and NEW Era cat deletes. Needless to say I was a little disappointed.
I decided to take the car to Church Automotive Testing to get retuned for the headers and exhaust. The car made 518 torque and 508 HP, but Church's Dynapack reads much higher than a dynojet. The tune was awful. I had a check engine light as soon as I restarted it after stopping for lunch on the way home. The next morning the car barely ran for the first couple of minutes until it warmed up a little. I contacted Church, and after a couple of weeks I got a refund for the retune.
Next, I installed an AEM wideband so that I could tune the car myself on the street. I trashed the Church tune and went back to my previous tune. After a couple of weeks playing around with the full throttle stuff and fine tuning the MAF I was pretty happy with the way the car was running. But-there's always room for improvement.
I contacted Pray Performance and payed for his remote tuning services. I just got his basemap and I decided to hit the dyno to see how much power the car is making and to compare the different tunes. The Church Automotive tune made 456 torque and 461 HP-less power than the car made untuned. Then I loaded my street tune and the car made 471 torque and 472 HP. 15 FT-LBS and 11 HP better than the Church tune. Finally I loaded the Pray Performance basemap and the car made 471 torque and 472 HP--almost identical to my street tune and Pray has not even dialed the tune in yet. Once pray has fully dialed in my car I am going to head back to the dyno to see what's what. Chart:
Attached Images

Old 03-24-2021, 12:36 PM   #30
AceSam07

Drives: 1SS 1LE
Wow you guys are getting amazing numbers. I went down to Church's and got a baseline pull when i had the gm CAI with no dealer tune or anything and got 396whp and 417wtq. Now i have a full exhaust (Kooks long tubes and 3" pipes), GM CAI, Flex-Fuel kit, and waiting on C8 manifold to come so i can get it all tuned at once. Hopefully i can get to about 500WHP.
AceSam07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:43 AM   #31
NA18CamaroSS

ATI 10% UD Pulley added

So we have been chasing the power we had before the headers and exhaust were installed. The ATI 10% underdrive pulley got us back up to 480 HP. Finally! Pray Tune.
Attached Images

Old 04-16-2021, 06:59 PM   #32
NA18CamaroSS

Quick update. Installed an MBRP axle back to see how much power the stock NPP muffler was costing me-it turns out not much. ~ 5 HP.
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2021, 04:42 PM   #33
ggaites

Drives: 2021 ZL1 6MT
No intake manifold?

I very been researching the LT2 manifold and reading about it and the MSD etc. with a 95mm throttle body. I am surprised it is not part of your setup. Sounds like Pray is reliable for remote tuning. Anyone know about GPI? I think I’m ready for some bolt-ons...
Old 05-02-2021, 06:12 AM   #34
Essmotorsports

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggaites View Post
I very been researching the LT2 manifold and reading about it and the MSD etc. with a 95mm throttle body. I am surprised it is not part of your setup. Sounds like Pray is reliable for remote tuning. Anyone know about GPI? I think I’m ready for some bolt-ons...
Do it!
Definitely makes car more fun!
Essmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 08:31 AM   #35
NA18CamaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggaites View Post
I am running the MSD intake manifold ported by Pray and a Nick Williams 103 MM throttle body. I don't know if I have posted that info in this thread.
Old 05-13-2023, 01:39 PM   #36
NA18CamaroSS

2023 Update

We got a set of heads ported by Brett at Pray Performance and installed them on the car. Did some tuning touch up on a Dynapack dyno, mostlyA/F adjustments. Took the car to a local European shop that has a Dynojet to see where we are now. Car is making 496 WHP and 487 torque now (SAE). Stock cam and stock bottom end, as well as the stock exhaust manifolds.
Current mods list:
RotoFab dry, Nick Williams 103 MM throttle body, Pray ported MSD, Pray Stage 1 ported heads, flex fuel kit (ethanol content of the local E85 is about 79-80%), stock exhaust manifolds, New Era cat deletes to stock NPP exhaust (with Holley crush pipe deletes).
Pretty happy with the car; it's very fun to drive.
Attached Images

Tags
baseline, dyno