Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 07-22-2021, 09:59 AM   #43
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
I read somewhere the engineers are so tired of people not removing them (they're shipping protection wrap if anyone really wants to know) that they considered making them some other awful color like pink so people would tear them off because they look bad
I was calling bullshit on this as in why would some engineer (or anyone for that matter) give a $hit what anyone did with their car? Turns out they actually do have an issue with it! Apparently they’ll be making them purple from now on.

Not that this is a tragedy, very few folks leaving them on. So what’s the big deal? That’s almost the moral equivalent of repainting your car a non factory color and they get all upset because it was never meant to be the color you repainted it.

Make cars. Sell cars. But keep out of people’s business after they buy them.
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 10:12 AM   #44
FarmerFran

Drives: Challenger 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3D View Post
I was calling bullshit on this as in why would some engineer (or anyone for that matter) give a $hit what anyone did with their car? Turns out they actually do have an issue with it! Apparently they’ll be making them purple from now on.

Not that this is a tragedy, very few folks leaving them on. So what’s the big deal? That’s almost the moral equivalent of repainting your car a non factory color and they get all upset because it was never meant to be the color you repainted it.

Make cars. Sell cars. But keep out of people’s business after they buy them.

I agree and i never got a good reason why they want them off. One thing i will say, it is just barley held on by 4 push pins and the lip. So maybe fear of coming off? I think it looks stupid so i took it off. But i agree to each their own.

Gone but not forgotten - 2020 Camaro 2SS Convertible - Riverside Blue Metallic - TR6060 - NPP - Low Gloss Black 5-Spoke with Black Nuts
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:38 PM   #45
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
I saw a Camaro owner put yellow floaties on their splitter at a car show

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body