Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-22-2021, 08:38 AM   #85
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
it seems to me that we see more turbo problems because there are more turbos on racecars and blowers on street cars. turbo setups are a lot easier to push. no pulley change, no head unit replacement. you want 100 more hp? start fiddling with that boost controller. swap a spring or tippity tap on a keyboard...10 minutes later, it's party time.

the problem is: too many ppl with street cars think they have racecars.
Old 07-22-2021, 09:03 AM   #86
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
My 6th Gen is twin turboed, my 4th Gen before this was a big single turbo and my daily driver is an Infinti Q50 Red Sport which is twin turboed. I really haven't had any problems with any of them and turbos are actually less stressing on the motor because you don't have it pulling on your crank pulley all of the time. Turbos are a little more complicated to set up than just slapping a blower on but once it is done it is a simple set up it is pretty painless and you can change boost levels very easily with them.
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 10:09 AM   #87
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
it seems to me that we see more turbo problems because there are more turbos on racecars and blowers on street cars. turbo setups are a lot easier to push. no pulley change, no head unit replacement. you want 100 more hp? start fiddling with that boost controller. swap a spring or tippity tap on a keyboard...10 minutes later, it's party time.

the problem is: too many ppl with street cars think they have racecars.
I think it's the intimidation factor of installing them that turns people away. It's just so easy to slap a blower on top and call it done.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 12:10 PM   #88
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE

Last edited by Silveradoss573; 04-07-2022 at 11:54 PM.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 02:57 PM   #89
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
I currently have my 2016 2SS which is very fast of course, but I'm used to it by now and it doesn't feel as fast anymore. I want a Zl1!!! When will the market for them start dropping you think?

Better to just throw on a SC onto my SS?

Does the ZL1 get old after awhile too?

If you're just concerned about speed then keep the SS and buy an electric muscle car (from Dodge or whoever) in a couple years. Guaranteed they will be faster than a ZL1.
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote