Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 07-09-2021, 05:15 PM   #1
Savage Camaro
CHZZSS

Drives: Chevy camaro 1ss , 08 Honda Civic
Procharged camaro ss leaking oil?

Hello!

Got my 2016 camaro ss with the p1sc pro charger. Noticed some oil leaking, mechanic said it was from this thing I got circled. Any idea what that is? Is that part of my Procharger or part of my engine. Thanks
Attached Images

Savage Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 09:06 AM   #2
Kerry

Drives: 2019 2SS Camaro
Thats water cooling going to oil cooler I think. Most likely is front crank seal. When you get any even a small crack in the piston ring land with boost it will blow out the front crank seal. A blow down test will reveal any problems with that. It should be the same on all cylinders mine was 5% on all but number 2 was at 22%. Tore it down and found a very small crack between the top and second ring. Took a fingernail and popped out a piece but it was enough to blow out that seal. The dead give away is when doing the blow down test is the air will come out the center of the oil air separator.
The pistons on this motor is weak.
Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 11:21 AM   #3
Savage Camaro
CHZZSS

Drives: Chevy camaro 1ss , 08 Honda Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
Thats water cooling going to oil cooler I think. Most likely is front crank seal. When you get any even a small crack in the piston ring land with boost it will blow out the front crank seal. A blow down test will reveal any problems with that. It should be the same on all cylinders mine was 5% on all but number 2 was at 22%. Tore it down and found a very small crack between the top and second ring. Took a fingernail and popped out a piece but it was enough to blow out that seal. The dead give away is when doing the blow down test is the air will come out the center of the oil air separator.
The pistons on this motor is weak.
Front crank seal shouldn’t be that hard to fix looking up the cost of labor and parts. Piston ring is a way bigger problem tho. Hope it’s not that. How much did it cost for u to get the piston rings fixed? Thanks
Savage Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 11:27 AM   #4
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Camaro View Post
Front crank seal shouldn’t be that hard to fix looking up the cost of labor and parts. Piston ring is a way bigger problem tho. Hope it’s not that. How much did it cost for u to get the piston rings fixed? Thanks
If your leak down test passes, I’d be on the lookout for detonation. Board member @toohighpsi did a nice job describing that here if you do a search.

Tags
oil leak, procharger