Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-05-2017, 11:05 AM   #127
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
If people are shopping both cars, price for the most will be the deciding factor. Most just see hp is close, so feel the Mustang is better because it's cheaper. Most don't know all the extras the Camaro has over the Mustang, thus can't justify the increase. Few know the Camaro comes with Brembos, high performance tires, lighter, much more torque, Tremec tranny, drive modes, bigger info screen, rev match, NPP option, and Magride option. Heck the Mustang doesn't even have struts for the hood. All these add up, but many dont see these. That is what I was getting at.
The majority of the people buying these cars don't give a crap about what you've listed.

V8? Check
2 doors? Check
Sporty handling? Check
Sporty looks? Check

That's really the most that people 80% will look at. If you were to go on about brembo brakes, what amount of torque hits when, the Tremec, 75 -100 lbs weight difference...it'll just glaze their eyes over.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:18 AM   #128
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
The majority of the people buying these cars don't give a crap about what you've listed.

V8? Check
2 doors? Check
Sporty handling? Check
Sporty looks? Check

That's really the most that people 80% will look at. If you were to go on about brembo brakes, what amount of torque hits when, the Tremec, 75 -100 lbs weight difference...it'll just glaze their eyes over.
I believe that is what I just said.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:28 PM   #129
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post

V8? Check
2 doors? Check
Sporty handling? Check
Sporty looks? Check

As a spokesman for the majority of people, can you define how little they give a crap?

Would they prefer the 5.3L, 355 HP truck engine with a passenger car transmission and solid rear axle if it can be priced for $28k? Forget HUD, NPP exhaust, magride, etc.? Basically, slightly more than a 2008 Mustang GT.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 05:07 PM   #130
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
If people are shopping both cars, price for the most will be the deciding factor. Most just see hp is close, so feel the Mustang is better because it's cheaper. Most don't know all the extras the Camaro has over the Mustang, thus can't justify the increase. Few know the Camaro comes with Brembos, high performance tires, lighter, much more torque, Tremec tranny, drive modes, bigger info screen, rev match, NPP option, and Magride option. Heck the Mustang doesn't even have struts for the hood. All these add up, but many dont see these. That is what I was getting at.
Got it. I was simply stating for any product the baseline has to meet the customers expectations. Some folks like to think that because the Camaro is the better performance car that the Mustang isn't satisfying. It clearly is and the lower price then makes a big difference as you point out. I think we're on the same page.
Old 02-05-2017, 05:37 PM   #131
activepat

Drives: Red Hot SS 1LE
Having owned a 2015 GT premium it should be noted that you need to add the 401 option and the performance option to equal a 2SS with no options.

This brings the car up to $300 more than the 2SS. Try comparing apples to apples if the price is your argument.
activepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 05:44 PM   #132
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Originally Posted by activepat View Post
Having owned a 2015 GT premium it should be noted that you need to add the 401 option and the performance option to equal a 2SS with no options.

This brings the car up to $300 more than the 2SS. Try comparing apples to apples if the price is your argument.
What if you don't want that stuff? How do you remove that stuff to bring the price down on the 2SS to be on par with the Mustang?
Old 02-05-2017, 05:53 PM   #133
activepat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke.Malvo View Post
What if you don't want that stuff? How do you remove that stuff to bring the price down on the 2SS to be on par with the Mustang?
If I wanted to be on par with a Mustang I would never bought an SS.
Old 02-05-2017, 06:12 PM   #134
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Originally Posted by activepat View Post
If I wanted to be on par with a Mustang I would never bought an SS.
That response doesn't make sense at all, it sidesteps the discussion completely. Sometimes people don't want to pay for features that they don't have any interest in. If the camaro had a standard party balloon inflator standard, but bumped up the cost another $500, you would be happy about it because the Mustang didn't offer the feature??
Old 02-05-2017, 07:34 PM   #135
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
That response doesn't make sense at all, it sidesteps the discussion completely. Sometimes people don't want to pay for features that they don't have any interest in. If the camaro had a standard party balloon inflator standard, but bumped up the cost another $500, you would be happy about it because the Mustang didn't offer the feature??
This is where I believe Ford did it right. If you don't want the options, buy the base, then let the choice of options be up to the buyer. The Camaro doesn't do that. For me it's not a issue as I would take all options, but most don't need or want them.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:38 PM   #136
Racerman27410

Drives: 2016 SS 2SS
GM does offer options

1SS and 2SS There is a substantial difference in price

I test drove the mustang before buying both with and without the performance pack... i didnt like having to wring the engines neck for the power and think they wasted some of their suspension money in the wrong places... like the running pony puddle lights.

At least with the Camaro you get a solid chassis and drivetrain on both 1ss and 2ss with performance equal all one has to decide is whether all the bells and whistles of the 2ss upfit are necessary... or not.

Last edited by Racerman27410; 02-05-2017 at 07:49 PM.
Racerman27410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:49 PM   #137
camaroalltheway

Drives: 2SS convert,Mosaic Black,MRC,NPP
Quote:
This is where I believe Ford did it right. If you don't want the options, buy the base, then let the choice of options be up to the buyer. The Camaro doesn't do that. For me it's not a issue as I would take all options, but most don't need or want them.
Absolutely agree. I have a confession to make. The only reason I bought the Camaro SS over the Mustang GT is mag ride (F55) option. I believe it to be that good.
camaroalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:07 PM   #138
Jackass
Doing what I like to do

Drives: 1963 Landrover
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Ouch, thats quite a drop for all 3.
Well , about half the country is under ice , real winter moved in and things tend to slowdown , bring the global ( warming ) crap and the sales will go up again
But for GM , it may be a little different story , GM in general tends to fight way harder than the other two when it comes to take responsability for their own mistakes , i.e. , fighting all the way to the end when their cars come up with problems
Thy have accused just about anyone who gets involved on some vehicle accident caused by any malfunction on their cars , saying that the driver was /is at fault , even after the isue has been proved otherwise
At some point the chickens will come home to roost , right !
Fix your shit , improve your design , take responsibility when shit happen
Then the people will stick around and support you GM
I for one , I've said it before and will say it again , I'm done !
Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:07 AM   #139
activepat

Yeah, I would. Always wanted one in my car!

BTW I chose a 1SS with only the exhaust option. I thought the extras on the 2SS were nothing I cared about and these cars are just my Sunday diversions.

Quote: