Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-10-2019, 10:21 AM   #1
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Ported TB with Centri

Anyone know of there being any gains possible on a Ported TB with centrifugals? I know there's other benefits such as throttle response, off idle lag reduced, etc. Was just wondering aside from that if there were any improvements in power as well.

Thoughts?
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:24 AM   #2
Jhunsberger

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6 (SOLD)
In general from what I understand, there is not much of a benefit to a ported TB on a centri SC. A ported TB or larger TB does yield benefits for PD SC, because it is drawing air thru the TB to be compressed, rather than forcing the compressed air thru the TB.

Again this is just my understanding and limited knowledge, I am sure others will chime in with additional info.

Stock: 416hp/427tq, 12.21 @ 116.80

Modified 02/2019: Whipple SC w/ 3.500 pulley, LT4 fueling, NW 103 TB, Roto-Fab Big Gulp, Kooks 2" jet coated, full Borla ATAK exhaust, DSS axles, Gforce driveshaft.

Tuned by EFX Tuning 688hp/632tq

Best 1/4 to date: 10.705 @ 131.92
Jhunsberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:37 AM   #3
Dysan911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhunsberger View Post
In general from what I understand, there is not much of a benefit to a ported TB on a centri SC. A ported TB or larger TB does yield benefits for PD SC, because it is drawing air thru the TB to be compressed, rather than forcing the compressed air thru the TB.

Again this is just my understanding and limited knowledge, I am sure others will chime in with additional info.
Thanks for the response J. Yeah I didn't realize the gains I was hearing about were only PD and NA.. Just made me wonder how that works if even on a push through the TB was larger with smoother transition and say the center bar was cut down as well that there would be a few improvements in maybe a few more HP/TQ or is it really ZERO. I know N/A claims 9 to 12 RWHP but I do understand that it's improving airflow of how it pulls the air into the motor.
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Old 03-13-2019, 10:04 AM   #4
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhunsberger View Post

You are correct, until you are over the 1000hp range mods like TB doesnt really show gains on a centri style supercharger.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:10 AM   #5
Charlie540i

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I have one in my car, but I can't tell you as it has been in the car since we started working on the car before I purchased the car form the customer.

We started with a basic stock car and now it's a fully built 416cid, PC F1A94 car... I have the stock TB and could do a test from one to the other within the next few weeks. If we do that, we will report back.
Charlie540i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:50 PM   #6
Dysan911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie540i View Post
I have one in my car, but I can't tell you as it has been in the car since we started working on the car before I purchased the car form the customer.

We started with a basic stock car and now it's a fully built 416cid, PC F1A94 car... I have the stock TB and could do a test from one to the other within the next few weeks. If we do that, we will report back.
Oh awesome man!. That would be great!. Thanks!

So far from the few comments, if there aren't any gains then I guess that at least leaves probably better throttle response, tip in, etc.