Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-24-2019, 02:08 PM   #1
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Getting my first 2017 Turbo LT CPO

Hi!

This would be my first Camaro (finally!), but before I get too excited and sign the papers, I want to ask:

1. Something obvious to look at where you know I might have problems.
2. Being an automatic transmission (I could not find a manual), can I expect problems or they are very rare / non-existing in this turbo version?
3. Should I get extended warranty? Does it really help or it's just a sales gimmick?
4. Any (engine) sounds I should be aware of?

The car has 11.000 KM.

Disclaimer: I am pretty much alone with not much car knowledge and a bit nervous since it's my first purchase of this type, so any help from you guys will be much appreciated. Helps with the stress

Thanks!
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:29 PM   #2
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
check the threads about the dreaded A8 shudder but be aware that not all cars have this issue.being a CPO car you should already have 3 years bumper to bumper,5 years/100,000 mile on powertrain if im not mistaken.my dealer tried to sell me 2,000 worth of extended warranty on my 2015 CPO RS.my response was"if you think i really need this maybe i should be buying a mustang instead." up to 40,000 miles now with no issues.
redcoats1976 is online now   Reply With Quote