Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-29-2017, 02:40 AM   #239
Splat

Drives: 2012 1SS M6 IOM
Took awhile, but I read all 17 pages...... and what I cant understand is, why aren't you taking the offer from Moddiction!!!

I can truly understand your situation OP, and I'm really on your side..... don't agree on some things, but I'm on your side.........but God Dam, take the offer and then resell.
Mods: LSA Supercharger, 2.55 Pulley, Custom Boost Cam, ARH LTH 1 7/8, HFC, 3' Magnaflow Exhaust, JLT CAI, Elite CC V2, BO White Stage 2 TB, GM 3.91 Gears, DSS CF Driveshaft, BMR Bushing Kit.... . Tuned by JTM Motorsports 540 Hp 550Tq on 9PSI

Axles, Monster Clutch, Hotchkis TVS Track Pack kit.......For 2018.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 12:00 PM   #240
G701LE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 IBM silver stipes
I am not signing anything saying I give up my rights to warranty. Due to this head unit not pumping oil.... Otherwise, I would have been all over it! I don't have the money to take that big of a hit for something, I feel, wasn't my fault.

Mods = Not enough....
G701LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 01:52 PM   #241
Moddiction

Drives: None
You give up rights for warranty if not professionally installed. I know you still don’t think you did anything wrong with install but all signs point to the fact it was installation error. Because of this we’re not sending a free replacement supercharger just to possibly have it seize again.
Moddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:46 AM   #242
G701LE

I just read your comment on my CC chargeback. Why do you keep mentioning the banjo bolt??? There was NO METAL IN THE UNIT!!!! I broke it with one hand, that is how easy they are to snap. So, let's put that aside. It was a mistake, but not a problem. So now to the oil not pumping. Let's pretend that I did get another head unit and the same problem happened? Warranty or no warranty, I know how this all plays out! I truly am sorry there isn't a better way to go about this. I have nothing against you Moddiction. This just a lot of money for a poor boy. Believe me, I would have rather gone after Kraftwerks or Rotrex. But.........that is not where I purchased it.
FWIW. In the end of this ordeal. It was real confusing on who to listen to. The very first time I had a question I came to you. What did you do? Push me off to Kraftwerks facebook page. I truly am sorry you have to take the brunt of this.......

Mods = Not enough....
Old 10-30-2017, 11:18 AM   #243
Moddiction

Drives: None
The blower was never primed you said. Which is why it seized. It has to be primed as per the instructions that come with the supercharger which it seems you must have missed.

Every other kit out there has had no issues with oil pumping through it. Just has to be primed as per instructions.

I will still honor the replacement blower if chargeback is cancelled for another few days. If it goes the whole length and we win chargeback(all signs point to we will) there will no longer be a replacement offer on the table. You would have to buy another blower at full cost or sell the kit without a blower on the used market.

A free replacement blower is as generous of an offer as possible. I'm splitting costs with Kraftwerks on it and that's just money out of our pockets even though the fault has been shown to be user error.
Moddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:43 PM   #244
Taylortoons

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
G701LE, your best offer is on the table.

Moddiction, I wouldn't debate any longer. If he cancels the chargeback, hold up your end of the deal. If not, he made the choice.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:36 PM   #245
G701LE

Then, if I didn't prime it right, why would oil have been leaking out of the "oil out" fitting on the head unit? Which, yes, I did bust the fitting in half....

Mods = Not enough....
Old 10-30-2017, 02:49 PM   #246
SynergyGreenSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
G701LE, just out of curiosity, why haven't you decided to take the replacement yet?
LSA Supercharger, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Yank 3200SS, Weapon X Stage 2 intake, LSA Heads, Flex Fuel, Ported throttle body, Speed Engineering Headers, NOWEEDS, ZL1 fuel pump, DSX AUX Pump, ID-1050X injectors, 3” pipe to NPP mufflers, 3.91 gears
SynergyGreenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:56 PM   #247
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by G701LE View Post
Then, if I didn't prime it right, why would oil have been leaking out of the "oil out" fitting on the head unit? Which, yes, I did bust the fitting in half....
Was oil circulating through the oil canister, or just leaking? Did you pressurize it with compressed air?
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:41 PM   #248
G701LE

The only leak was at the supercharger head unit. From the "out" fitting. Which was quickly discovered. Then didn't run it until it was fixed. My question is. If I didn't prime it right, how was there oil in the head unit and leaking from the "out" banjo bolt? You can't really see if the oil is circulating in the canister. So I just assumed it was circulating due to oil leaking out of the "out" banjo bolt....
And during the short break in, I added oil 3 different times. Again, pointing to it circulating.

Mods = Not enough....
Old 10-31-2017, 08:46 AM   #249
DuskssJP

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Dusk Edition
I reread everything and I do agree, the instructions from Kraftwerks DID NOT ever mention anything about priming.

At first I thought the deal from Moddiction was to go halves with you but now see they and Kraftwerks are offering the replacement and all they are asking is to have it professionally installed which makes sense. It seems like an easy decision. I get the cost of install which is why you did it on your own. But like others have said, you could just resell as worst case scenario.

If I were in your shoes, it's what I would do.
2013 2SS/RS Dusk Edition BBK long tubes w/ Hi-Flo cats, NPP Exhaust, Bilstein shocks & struts, Eibach Pro lowering springs, R1 Concept Eline Cross Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Kraftwerks Supercharger-Rotrex C38-92 Head Unit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, ADM FPCM, 75mm Pulley, E85, custom tune and more to come....
DuskssJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:17 AM   #250
Silver14

Quote:
Originally Posted by G701LE View Post
If I didn't prime it right, how was there oil in the head unit and leaking from the "out" banjo bolt?
I'm assuming it needs to be primed with pressurized air to force the oil through the whole system and force any air pockets out. If not, my guess is the head unit only received a little oil then got damaged.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:18 AM   #251
Silver14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskssJP View Post
I reread everything and I do agree, the instructions from Kraftwerks DID NOT ever mention anything about priming.
The instructions for the Rotrex unit cover it in detail.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:46 AM   #252
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
The instructions for the Rotrex unit cover it in detail.
Unless they are labeled install book 1 and 2, it's silly to have two separate books. Only adds to the confusion and risk factor. I suppose it's a classic example of you get what you pay for though.
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote