Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-12-2012, 11:26 PM   #1
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Freaking close call tonight

So I went to my parents for our weekly dinner tonight, of course driving the Camaro. The only place I have to park over there is on the street in front of their house which I don't like because there are a lot of young kids in that neighborhood that ride their bikes and scooters on the sidewalk all the time and I'm paranoid about one of them hitting it. As were sitting down for dinner I hear this crash out front and immediately fear the worst. My precious Camaro!!! I ran outside and this kid rode his bike right off the curb into the front fender of my brothers little Toyota pickup. Phew! The kid was alright but caved in the fender on the pickup. I was parked right in front of him. 4 feet farther and that bike would of taken out the side of my Camaro. Needless to say I wont be driving it over there any more.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:48 AM   #2
mexiken

Drives: Sofia: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS LS3
So "phew" about your Camaro, but not a mention of your brother's pickup????

What an awesome brother to have, to go online and post how "close of a call it was", implying he was glad it was his brother's car, and not his own "precious Camaro"
Engine/Performance: Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Rx Catch Can painted IBM, (to come: JacFab CAI, muffler delete/Flowmasters)

mexiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:55 AM   #3
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
Better a Toyota than a Camaro getting damaged!
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:01 AM   #4
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexiken View Post

What an awesome brother to have, to go online and post how "close of a call it was", implying he was glad it was his brother's car, and not his own "precious Camaro"
Nahhhh... It's just a Toyota... No big deal...
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:06 AM   #5
05SilverStreak

Drives: Black aSS 2011 - L99
Either way nobody watches what they are doing anymore. If we did stupid shit like that we got our asses whipped when I was a kid. Now you just "hope for the best".
05SilverStreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:12 AM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
I had a clsoe call this morning coming in to work......of course it pitch black out.....its out in the country......I'm running 70 mph.....THANK GOD FOR THE HIDS and HIGH BEAMS.....and a DEER walks slowly out in front of me.....ON THE BINDERS!!!!!!!! she continued on her way and never even sped up.....that would have left a mark!!! I didn't even have time to get on my horn!! lol
Old 06-13-2012, 06:41 AM   #7
jrisebo

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS "Bumble C"
I had a close call too. Before I left for work I saw on the news that there was a accident on the road I take, wow, could have been me. Also, i noticed that the storm that came thru the other night blew over some trees in the woods behind me, i mean, wow, I could have been parked close to those trees. The worst was the deer that I saw dead on the side of the road, 2 days earlier and I would have had that deer right through the window. So glad it didnt happen to me. I feel bad for the toyota.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:37 AM   #8
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Lmao. If i saw a post like this from my brother i'd whoop his @$$ the next time i saw him and kick in his fender to boot.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:44 AM   #9
Gregory307
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW
Better a Toyota than a Camaro getting damaged!
Old 06-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #10
typhoidfvr

Drives: 2010 2SS RS package Black on black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
I had a clsoe call this morning coming in to work......of course it pitch black out.....its out in the country......I'm running 70 mph.....THANK GOD FOR THE HIDS and HIGH BEAMS.....and a DEER walks slowly out in front of me.....ON THE BINDERS!!!!!!!! she continued on her way and never even sped up.....that would have left a mark!!! I didn't even have time to get on my horn!! lol
Glad you missed her, Nuke! My neighbor plowed right through a deer coming home from work in his new Challenger last month. The car will never be the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrisebo View Post
I had a close call too. Before I left for work I saw on the news that there was a accident on the road I take, wow, could have been me. Also, i noticed that the storm that came thru the other night blew over some trees in the woods behind me, i mean, wow, I could have been parked close to those trees. The worst was the deer that I saw dead on the side of the road, 2 days earlier and I would have had that deer right through the window. So glad it didnt happen to me. I feel bad for the toyota.
I do believe someone is trying to be a smartass...
typhoidfvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #11
ga0358

Drives: 2010 ABM LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrisebo View Post
I'm with jrisebo....What are ya gonna do? Other than park it in a garage and LOOK at it. Man, the OBSESSIVE FEAR of folks on this board with scratches, dings and dents...I got 'em, you're GONNA get 'em IF you drive it at all..Leaving the car at home because you're afraid some kid's gonna run into it?, NOT taking the Camaro to the market because it may get dinged by a runaway shopping cart? jrisebo's not being a smart-ass, just illustrating the absurdity of some people's compulsion with these cars.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #12
MrandMrsNinja

Drives: 11' SGM 2SS/13' GT/08' F-150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexiken View Post

I would be happier if it were my brothers car over mine. And i would let him know it too. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
Lmao. If i saw a post like this from my brother i'd whoop his @$$ the next time i saw him and kick in his fender to boot.
That only works if you're bigger than your brother. If my brother ever tried to kick in my fender I'd throw him a beatin that he'd never forget. but then again, I'm a big bully. But he earned it from all those years when I was younger and smaller than him.

I always tell my nephew to be nice to his younger brother because one day he is going to wake up and his younger brother will be his bigger brother.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #13
MrandMrsNinja

Drives: 11' SGM 2SS/13' GT/08' F-150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga0358 View Post
I'm with jrisebo....What are ya gonna do? Other than park it in a garage and LOOK at it. Man, the OBSESSIVE FEAR of folks on this board with scratches, dings and dents...I got 'em, you're GONNA get 'em IF you drive it at all..Leaving the car at home because you're afraid some kid's gonna run into it?, NOT taking the Camaro to the market because it may get dinged by a runaway shopping cart? jrisebo's not being a smart-ass, just illustrating the absurdity of some people's compulsion with these cars.
I think it's more of "selective endangerment" for most people. Why take it to the grocery store where there are kids getting in and out of cars when you an take something else? Why make it a DD for a commute to work and take a rock to the windshield when you have something else to drive? Just saying, I love my car and am blessed enough to be in the situation where I have something else to drive and run down. I'll save the Camaro for weekends when I am wanting to enjoy it, cruise, and show it off. Then where ever I am is free game. No point in putting it in harms way for a commute to work.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #14
mexiken

Drives: Sofia: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
And he'd deserve it.
Engine/Performance: Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Rx Catch Can painted IBM, (to come: JacFab CAI, muffler delete/Flowmasters)

mexiken is offline   Reply With Quote