Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Great Lakes

AWE Tuning

Old 01-03-2019, 03:33 AM   #43
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
New member from Fenton Michigan. Just bought a Garnet red 1LT RS V6 for my daily, and have a 600 rwhp 2000 SS for my weekend/summer toy
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:53 PM   #44
Adeeyos

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
New member from Fenton Michigan. Just bought a Garnet red 1LT RS V6 for my daily, and have a 600 rwhp 2000 SS for my weekend/summer toy
Did you by chance have the 2000 down to Woodward last year ? Last August, I ran along someone from Woodward all the way up Dixie Hwy north of I-75 in a 2000-ish Camaro SS.
Adeeyos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 03:58 AM   #45
HCI2000SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeeyos View Post
Did you by chance have the 2000 down to Woodward last year ? Last August, I ran along someone from Woodward all the way up Dixie Hwy north of I-75 in a 2000-ish Camaro SS.
I went down there a few times last year but not the day of the actual cruise. I definitely take 75 as well. Mine is red with chrome ZR1 wheels. Does that sound like the one you seen?
Old 01-17-2019, 09:55 PM   #46
Adeeyos

Nope, The one I saw was white. No big deal, hopefully we will see you around next year.

If your interest, Motor City Camaro Club is a great club for those around the Detroit Metro Area. Lots of fun activities, charity events, and just a real nice group of folks to hang out with.
Old 01-18-2019, 06:26 AM   #47
HCI2000SS

I met a guy last year at Bakers in Milford who was part of the Eastern Michigan Camaro club. I might be slightly wrong on the exact title, but it was called something like that. I'll have to check out the Motor City Camaro club as well. Do they do events outside of the Detriot area too?
Old 01-18-2019, 07:38 AM   #48
Adeeyos

Quote:
I met a guy last year at Bakers in Milford who was part of the Eastern Michigan Camaro club. I might be slightly wrong on the exact title, but it was called something like that. I'll have to check out the Motor City Camaro club as well. Do they do events outside of the Detriot area too?
You are not wrong on the title at all, their is the Eastern Michigan Camaro Club, which puts on Camaro Superfest in Ypsilanti.

Motor City Camaro Club seems to be more Metro Detroit focused (although there are members from Ann Arbor, Lansing, Tawas, Grass Lake, etc.), but club members do attend some of the other regional Camaro club's shows like EMCC's Camaro Superfest, Camarofest (in Bowling Green, KY this year) and the North East Ohio Camaro Clubs annual Fall Classic show.

Members also attend some of the non-Camaro only shows like the FBody show, or Corvettefest.

In addition, individual Motor City Club members also occasionally organize unique road trip opportunities. This year, it is a road trip to the Sturgis Camaro Rally in late June. In years past it has been a road trip to the Tail of the Dragon, a road trip to tour bourbon distilleries in KY/TN, a fall color tour to the UP, etc. There is a also, a group of members that do Speedfest in Battle Creek each year.

Throughout the year, there are also other club only activities/club meetings, like our upcoming outing to JD Karting, or a club day at the Dragway (generously put on by on of our sponsors), and even a bowling tournament.

So there is lots to do....
Old 01-18-2019, 10:04 AM   #49
HCI2000SS

Quote:
You are not wrong on the title at all, their is the Eastern Michigan Camaro Club, which puts on Camaro Superfest in Ypsilanti.

Motor City Camaro Club seems to be more Metro Detroit focused (although there are members from Ann Arbor, Lansing, Tawas, Grass Lake, etc.), but club members do attend some of the other regional Camaro club's shows like EMCC's Camaro Superfest, Camarofest (in Bowling Green, KY this year) and the North East Ohio Camaro Clubs annual Fall Classic show.

Members also attend some of the non-Camaro only shows like the FBody show, or Corvettefest.

In addition, individual Motor City Club members also occasionally organize unique road trip opportunities. This year, it is a road trip to the Sturgis Camaro Rally in late June. In years past it has been a road trip to the Tail of the Dragon, a road trip to tour bourbon distilleries in KY/TN, a fall color tour to the UP, etc. There is a also, a group of members that do Speedfest in Battle Creek each year.

Throughout the year, there are also other club only activities/club meetings, like our upcoming outing to JD Karting, or a club day at the Dragway (generously put on by on of our sponsors), and even a bowling tournament.

So there is lots to do....
Good deal. Sounds like it's a pretty happening club. I'll check it out. As a former Mustang owner I was in a few clubs as well, and they did a lot of stuff. It would be nice to find that kind of brotherhood with the Camaro. I've had my 2000 SS for 6 years now, and being in the Fenton area it's been really hard to find a good group to hang and do things with
Old 01-18-2019, 10:34 AM   #50
Adeeyos

Quote:
Good deal. Sounds like it's a pretty happening club. I'll check it out. As a former Mustang owner I was in a few clubs as well, and they did a lot of stuff. It would be nice to find that kind of brotherhood with the Camaro. I've had my 2000 SS for 6 years now, and being in the Fenton area it's been really hard to find a good group to hang and do things with
There are quite a few Motor City Camaro Club members in the northern Oakland County area and the club's VP is from Fenton. If you are interest you can join online at motorcitycamaroclub dot com. I think the dues are $25 per year.
Old 01-18-2019, 08:16 PM   #51
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
A Great Club! ...Great People!....

Motor City Camaro Club

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:55 AM   #52
WestsideJack

Drives: 2018 2SS
Are there any clubs in the Lansing area?
WestsideJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 02:13 PM   #53
General Reaper

Drives: 2018 Summit White SS 1LE
Michigan

Quote:
There are quite a few Motor City Camaro Club members in the northern Oakland County area and the club's VP is from Fenton. If you are interest you can join online at motorcitycamaroclub dot com. I think the dues are $25 per year.
I'm always down to clown. I live in Holly and try and attend all the car shows/race events that I can.

Reaper
General Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 02:19 PM   #54
General Reaper

Drives: 2018 Summit White SS 1LE
Quote:
Quoted the wrong post, This was for you HCI2000SS
General Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 03:40 PM   #55
HCI2000SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Reaper View Post
Quoted the wrong post, This was for you HCI2000SS
Yeah I'm like 15-20 mins from you just north of Linden. Definitely up for stuff once the weather breaks. Let's definitely touch base soon when we pull the cars out
Old 02-21-2019, 06:57 PM   #56
CruzinQueen

Drives: 2017 1LT RS Convertible V6 A8
I'm from Michigan!

2019 GMC Terrain SLE 1.5T - Blue Steel Metallic/Black Cloth "Soccer Mom Spec"
CruzinQueen is offline   Reply With Quote