Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions


AWE Tuning


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2021, 08:27 AM   #1
Smetm50
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: TX
Posts: 5
Best tuners in the DFW Area

I have a 2018 ZL1 1LE and want to do some mild mods and need some recommendations on the best dyno tuners in DFW. Will be using the car for track days and street driving so I want a good tune for all throttle positions not just for wide open throttle. Most threads that I have found on this subject are older, so looking for some advice that is more recent.
Thanks, Jim
Attached Images
 
Smetm50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 09:27 AM   #2
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL
 
EDFHOBBIES's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston
Posts: 4,225
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
21st century
ADM
Famous Netflix Star Tiana Webber Accelerated motorsports
LG motorsports
Baily's

In that order... After 1 or 2 I would just go to Houston

Sorian tuning
Peitz Performance Famous Youtube tuner of Amelia Hartford
POWERFAB
BC Raceworks

Sorian and Peitz I would put above them all. You will get detailed info Peitz about how the car is tuned what things he changed and so on a very nice guy and spends a lot of time explaining thing so if your looking for that service use Alex.

I have had experience with all except Bailys and Accelerated Lg screwed my 4th gen up back in 96 but I'm sure that tech isn't there any more. There still in business and never heard anything bad about for a while.


Chose a good tuner but also look at the price you will be constantly upgrading so make sure to ask what retunes cost it will end up saving ya a few 100 in the future.
__________________


Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 03:40 PM   #3
Readr1
 
Drives: 2018 ZLE
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: DFW
Posts: 32
Thanks for the info Hobbies! Smetm50 we should meet up sometime, I just bought an '18ZLE myself, and was looking for the same info.

Name:  IMG_9535.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  204.1 KB

Last edited by Readr1; 11-24-2021 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Add photo
Readr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 03:45 PM   #4
Smetm50
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: TX
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
21st century
ADM
Famous Netflix Star Tiana Webber Accelerated motorsports
LG motorsports
Baily's

In that order... After 1 or 2 I would just go to Houston

Sorian tuning
Peitz Performance Famous Youtube tuner of Amelia Hartford
POWERFAB
BC Raceworks

Sorian and Peitz I would put above them all. You will get detailed info Peitz about how the car is tuned what things he changed and so on a very nice guy and spends a lot of time explaining thing so if your looking for that service use Alex.

I have had experience with all except Bailys and Accelerated Lg screwed my 4th gen up back in 96 but I'm sure that tech isn't there any more. There still in business and never heard anything bad about for a while.


Chose a good tuner but also look at the price you will be constantly upgrading so make sure to ask what retunes cost it will end up saving ya a few 100 in the future.
Thanks for the reply. I will check them out.
Smetm50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 03:51 PM   #5
Smetm50
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: TX
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readr1 View Post
Thanks for the info Hobbies! Smetm50 we should meet up sometime, I just bought an '18ZLE myself, and was looking for the same info.

Attachment 1085572
Sent you a pm
Smetm50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 07:20 PM   #6
Revalot
 
Drives: ZL1/1LE parts added
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Somewhere around Texas pines tress and smooth asphalt
Posts: 539
No LMR ? I see post and videos on YouTube all the time.
EDFHOOBIES I know you know your stuff. Thanks
Revalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 08:48 PM   #7
ZO6Ted
Old badass
 
Drives: 14 Sierra,16 Sierra,22 GenesisGV70
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Arlington Tx
Posts: 211
What about AMP?
ZO6Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 09:17 PM   #8
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL
 
EDFHOBBIES's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston
Posts: 4,225
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revalot View Post
No LMR ? I see post and videos on YouTube all the time.
EDFHOOBIES I know you know your stuff. Thanks
There ok but I have heard a few bad experiences. Only 1 or 2 recent things but back in the day especially when Jay hammersly worked there a few years back u know the guy you may recall the fight on street Outlaws when they came to Houston and lmr was crying. They were constantly messing up my friends cars. There more affordable shops with better tuners is all.
__________________


Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 09:47 PM   #9
Revalot
 
Drives: ZL1/1LE parts added
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Somewhere around Texas pines tress and smooth asphalt
Posts: 539
Thanks for the response ! I do remember the fight !
Revalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 09:50 PM   #10
mlee
CamaroFans.com
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Crush ZLE
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 36,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revalot View Post
No LMR ? I see post and videos on YouTube all the time.
EDFHOOBIES I know you know your stuff. Thanks
Hard pass on LMR... especially for tuning. the list provided is a good one in the order it's listed.

It's always nice to have someone close to where you live too.
__________________
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 11:38 PM   #11
SoCal Smith
 
SoCal Smith's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE A10
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: SoCal
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetm50 View Post
I have a 2018 ZL1 1LE and want to do some mild mods and need some recommendations on the best dyno tuners in DFW. Will be using the car for track days and street driving so I want a good tune for all throttle positions not just for wide open throttle. Most threads that I have found on this subject are older, so looking for some advice that is more recent.
Thanks, Jim
Accelerated Racing Solutions
https://www.acceleratedracingsolutions.com/
SoCal Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 09:46 AM   #12
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL
 
EDFHOBBIES's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston
Posts: 4,225
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Smith View Post
Accelerated Racing Solutions
https://www.acceleratedracingsolutions.com/
just so u know on the complex stuff say DI and Port or mixing aftermarket ecu's the cars make it all the way down to Htown and are tuned by Sorian. In fact they almost all use matt when something can't be tuned (bumbera's Houston house of power, and so on im almost 100 pos. i have seen an Accelerated car there.) He either tunes it or says take your shit apart somethings not right! So who would you want to tune your car I ask?
__________________


Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 03:44 PM   #13
sr71bb

 
sr71bb's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Camaro Z-28
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetm50 View Post
I have a 2018 ZL1 1LE and want to do some mild mods and need some recommendations on the best dyno tuners in DFW. Will be using the car for track days and street driving so I want a good tune for all throttle positions not just for wide open throttle. Most threads that I have found on this subject are older, so looking for some advice that is more recent.
Thanks, Jim
AMP has the best tuner in the world for some time now. He has tuned THOUSANDS of cars. They have produced the FASTEST street driven corvettes and camaros in the world. They currently have a ZL1 they built for a customer that is he FASTEST stock blower ZL1 in the world at 8.76 at 162MPH. www.advancedmodernperformance.com
__________________
__________________________________________
Here is TAZII at the TEXAS MILE
Look at 2:04 mark in Video for BLACK SS (NOW RETIRED...LOL)

NOW POWERED BY PROCHARGER (Now retired)

NEWBORN ADDITION 2019 ZL1 1LE A10 (RETIRED)

2019 Camaro SS A10 (newest kid, Big Power NA)
sr71bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 08:23 AM   #14
Motor Fast
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Florida
Posts: 199
Nice looking ZLE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revalot View Post
No LMR ? I see post and videos on YouTube all the time.
I was wondering the same thing.
__________________
Thread for 2002 Camaro SS 416ci Katech Build: 2002 Camaro SS Build by Katech

2018 Camaro SS 1LE Video of the SS 1LE (Headers and AWE Exhaust)
2002 Camaro SS | 2003 Corvette Z06 | 2008 Corvette
Motor Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.