Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-11-2018, 03:17 PM   #43
GelflingEssence
Banned

Drives: 2016 Challenger SRT 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I know a lot more than just 17 and 18 Camaro owners that cant stand the 19 SS's ugly face.

Does GM want the Camaro to Fail?
Sometimes I wonder...no advertising, and no marketing sense whatsoever.

Zl11le is a great name for a robot but a poor name for a product you intend to sell to humans.

How hard is it to give the Camaro an exciting and marketable trim level?

And now this dog of a refresh...somebody high up wants the Camaro gone but they want to do it with clean hands: "We didn't kill it, the customers did."
GelflingEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:33 PM   #44
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhajdu2 View Post
Anyone else tired of the bashing from the 2017-2018 owners? I get it entirely, its the same every new release, the previous year owners are giving every attempt and going out of there way in every sense just to make themselves feel better. Its old, deal with it fellas. Facts.
19 SS is ugly, fact. my 75 RS, 79 Z28, & son's 17 RS look good. However, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Hope sales are great across the lines and I am proved wrong!
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:00 PM   #45
ChangerOfWays

Drives: 2017 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCG Garnet Red
19 SS is ugly, fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCG Garnet Red
However, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I think the first quote by you sums up why some of us are tired of the refresh bashing. It is fine to not like it, but so many people on here seem to want their opinion to be taken as the one and only truth.

In addition to that there is usually nothing constructive said, or any substantiation as to why they don't like it - just a repetition of "Ugly.", "Looks like a toyota.","*insert meme image* LOL", or some variation of doom and gloom "So bad that it means THE END OF CAMARO". It becomes an internet echo chamber of hate, that is just not pleasant to be around.

As someone who is very much looking forward to upgrading to a '19 or '20 SS in the future, the general negativity is a bit of a turn off in regards to participating here. Maybe even more so than the negativity towards the I4/V6.

To be honest, when the crowd in the video started booing at the refresh.. I cringed - because I felt ashamed that I am part of the same Camaro "family" as those in the crowd. IMO, it was unprofessional and kind of childish.
ChangerOfWays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:04 PM   #46
banter

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6 Black
Still not a fan of the front of the SS, though the v6/i4 is growing on me. I do like the rear a lot though. If I ever get rear ended, I'll definitely research whether I can fit that rear on my '16.
banter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:32 PM   #47
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
In virtually all my posts regarding my opinion (does not make it a fact to all others) on the look of the '19 SS, I have mentioned many similar looking front ends from other make which I don't like and wouldn't buy as I am Chevy all the way ( Have owned 3 Camaros, and 6 Chevelle coupes 64 - 72, 84 Monte Carlo SS , and a few other Chevys). I didn't see the need to repeat in this thread as it has become repetitious. Compare the last Transformers Camaro with the 19 SS front end. Didn't like it then and see it again in the refresh. Chevy will lose or gain in the court of public opinion which will be sales. I like the 4/6/ZL1 front facias for 19. I, again hope they all sell like crazy. Don't want Camaro to ever go away again, like 2002!

Last edited by CCG Garnet Red; 07-11-2018 at 10:58 PM.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:57 PM   #48
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangerOfWays View Post

I think the first quote by you sums up why some of us are tired of the refresh bashing. It is fine to not like it, but so many people on here seem to want their opinion to be taken as the one and only truth.

In addition to that there is usually nothing constructive said, or any substantiation as to why they don't like it - just a repetition of "Ugly.", "Looks like a toyota.","*insert meme image* LOL", or some variation of doom and gloom "So bad that it means THE END OF CAMARO". It becomes an internet echo chamber of hate, that is just not pleasant to be around.

As someone who is very much looking forward to upgrading to a '19 or '20 SS in the future, the general negativity is a bit of a turn off in regards to participating here. Maybe even more so than the negativity towards the I4/V6.

To be honest, when the crowd in the video started booing at the refresh.. I cringed - because I felt ashamed that I am part of the same Camaro "family" as those in the crowd. IMO, it was unprofessional and kind of childish.
We as consumers do not have to swallow every refresh that is foisted upon us from GM. However, this refresh wreaks of a very purposeful will to make the SS, in particular, super ugly for '19.

When automakers redesign a platform, they hold clinics across the country to seen how well certain members of the public will react to the new design. They are mostly VIP's from high volume Chevy dealers, but it works the same.

Now, I don't know if they actually do that for mid-cycle updates/refreshes, but if they did they would have received the same general reactions as this forum. Then, they could have made the necessary changes before it was too late.

The thing is, everything seems to revolve around the stupid placement of that bowtie emblem. If they moved it just a little bit higher into the upper grill area, most of the hate would be somewhat muted. However, they slapped it on mid bumper and then, to add insult to injury, blacked out the middle of the bumper exaggerating the open gaping mouth predator grill look.

The mid-cycle changes do not make the car look sleeker or more aggressive. They just make the car look goofy and overstyled. As a Camaro enthusiast and owner, I think I deserved much better from the refresh design team.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:59 AM   #49
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
If you feel embarrassed when someone here expresses an opinion, the problem is all yours. Whether or not a particular car is one I’d buy, I’m happy for anyone who gets his or her dream car, no matter what year or model it is.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:34 AM   #50
Dudie7

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT Premium
GM took a problem perceived by many (controversial styling) and made it worse, in my opinion.
Dudie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:26 AM   #51
DiGiam

Drives: 2016 NFG SS A8
I wouldn't care if I owned a 16-18 or not. I came from mustangs in 2014 because I didn't like the way the new S550 looked. The 14 Camaro was a pretty good looking car. Then I saw a 2014 Camaro 1LE and I traded for it immediately because it was beautiful and I had to have it. when the sixth gen came out I was blown away with the new performance and the look was great so I bought one. Fast forward to the 2019 model and I don't like it. I don't feel like ive got to have it nor are there any performance enhancements that make me want to change. It is just an ugly car overall.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:13 AM   #52
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

I agree on both counts. Its fine if someone doesn't like the refresh but I've seen actual demands that Chevy change the car. It reminds me of the unhinged resist crowd. This cars is a reality, guys are going to buy it and they will love it

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:27 AM   #53
98_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I agree on both counts. Its fine if someone doesn't like the refresh but I've seen actual demands that Chevy change the car. It reminds me of the unhinged resist crowd. This cars is a reality, guys are going to buy it and they will love it
What kills me is that a majority of people who dislike the refresh weren't going to buy one anyways. But I guess it's a kick in their ego or pride that this new version of the car doesn't suit their tastes and that somehow devalues their own car? I don't get it, man.
2016 Summit White 2SS Coupe M6, NPP, & MRC
Now Driving:
2016 Torch Red Corvette 2LT, NPP, MRC
98_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:48 AM   #54
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Camaro View Post
What kills me is that a majority of people who dislike the refresh weren't going to buy one anyways. But I guess it's a kick in their ego or pride that this new version of the car doesn't suit their tastes and that somehow devalues their own car? I don't get it, man.
No.

We just don't like it.

Its that simple.

Its still a great car. We just don't care for the look as much.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:55 AM   #55
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Fully agreed. This by no means felt like a genuine first-look reaction. They probably came to the event just to jeer, fueled with the ammunition of all the hate brewing on the internet, and ended up making total asses of themselves.

A lot of people on these forums know I was/am critical of the 6th gen design and am a 5th gen holdout. I was in the same crowd of people drawing the Toyota comparisons early on in these forums. But when I attended the Camaro reveal tour in 2015 and met the engineering team, I still showed up with an open mind, asked genuine questions, all without mocking anyone straight to their face. I think the car looked better in person, but it still wasn't for me. In the end, if you don't like something, just don't buy it.

But then later on they came out with the 1LE SS, and I have to admit, that looks pretty nice in Hyper Blue. I saw one in person a couple weeks ago finally, and... all I will say is I'm very conflicted right now.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:58 AM   #56
lawguy85

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Camaro View Post
This is such a bad take. At this point it is very unproductive and repetitive to bash the refresh, but that's such an unsubstantiated claim that you presented as fact to try to counter all the legitimate criticism heaped on the refresh. I purchased my SS May 18th. The refresh was unveiled April 9th. I literally purchased as a result of the Mustang/Camaro refreshes. You couldn't be further off base. Beyond that, the assumption the backlash is just 16-18 owners is laughably off base. There's this Carscoops poll. Or this thread full of people bashing it on the NASCAR sub. GM Authority meme roundup. Jalopnik argument about it. These Autoblog commenters must all be 16-18 owners.

Yup, it's all just fake news or a vast conspiracy of butthurt 16-18 owners, impossible it's simply terrible design...
lawguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019, camaro, car show, reveal