Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-05-2018, 07:23 PM   #1
rburke76

Drives: garnet red
sales fiqures....camaro....sad...

https://www.torquenews.com/106/ford-...-still-sinking
rburke76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:29 PM   #2
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
I’m not a fan of the redesign, so I don’t feel bad. I think GM really missed the mark.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:38 PM   #3
JerseyGTO

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro SS
I don't get it. I was a lifelong Mustang guy. Between my parents and me, we've owned four. The 6th gen Camaro is just a better car than Mustang or Dodge. It really isn't even close. 30,000 miles in our '18 SS and it's never made me regret my decision.
JerseyGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:15 PM   #4
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I think the reason for slower sales is that it's harder to live with as a DD vs the Ford and Chrysler. Visibility, tiny backseat w fronts that don't slide fwd and mail-slot trunk opening is not helping. It's an ok compromise for some, and they might want to stay away from overlapping with the Caddys too much if the car was more conventional.

It seems tough to design a car to be both a $30k sporty DD as well as a $75k car with supercar performance capabilities.
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:17 PM   #5
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
I have a feeling the redesign is only going to contribute to declining Camaro sales. I gotta give Dodge credit for gaining market share with a 9 or 10 year old design.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:26 PM   #6
JerseyGTO

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
I think the reason for slower sales is that it's harder to live with as a DD vs the Ford and Chrysler. Visibility, tiny backseat w fronts that don't slide fwd and mail-slot trunk opening is not helping. It's an ok compromise for some, and they might want to stay away from overlapping with the Caddys too much if the car was more conventional.

It seems tough to design a car to be both a $30k sporty DD as well as a $75k car with supercar performance capabilities.

LOL! We have three boys - 9, 11 and 18. I pick the two youngest up from their aftercare program everyday. Ours is my daily driver. Having coming from Mustangs and strongly considered the '18, I can say unequivocally:

- If you're buying a Mustang for improved rear seat and trunk capacity, you're going to be disappointed.

- 6th gen Camaro visibility issues are vastly overstated.

As always, YMMV.
JerseyGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:27 PM   #7
rickr9504

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1 LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
I have a feeling the redesign is only going to contribute to declining Camaro sales. I gotta give Dodge credit for gaining market share with a 9 or 10 year old design.
if it ain't broken...
Old 10-05-2018, 08:46 PM   #8
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
Yep, totally agree. I only have one “kid” left here at home (he’s 17), but on the rare occasion he comes out for a ride with the wife and I, it’s tough for him space-wise. And the wife has to push her seat all the way forward. I love my SS, but can see why people buy Challengers or Chargers. Hell, I can’t even find space for my sunglasses...
Old 10-05-2018, 09:26 PM   #9
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Another year or two of these type sales numbers and GM corporate finance will kill this car. GM has no real winners right now, that they can afford to carry this car as a halo/nostalga unit. IMO....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 10:11 PM   #10
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
or those curious about some sort of monthly comparison, Chevrolet averaged 4,816 Camaro sales over each of the past three months. Dodge only sold 4,647 Challengers in August, so the Camaro may have actually finished second for that month, but it was still nowhere near the Mustang.
It really isn't as bad as the sensationalist headline is making it out to be when you read between the lines. And this writer sounds like he owns a Mustang.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 12:37 AM   #11
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
GM management at the top too stupid to realize one must advertise to show your product. They are stupid. The GM Management at the very Top needs to be fired instead of giving themselves raises.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 12:39 AM   #12
Deputy Dog
Banned

Quote:

No, the reason is a lot of people don't even know what a Camaro looks like.
Old 10-06-2018, 12:43 AM   #13
Deputy Dog
Banned

Quote:

Its the perfect DD, its not a family car, its a performance Sports Coupe. The Camaro has never been a "Family" car. The Mustang back seat is no better than the Camaro and we don't buy them for the back seat.
Old 10-06-2018, 12:43 AM   #14
whitelightning011

Drives: '16 1SS A8 w/ NPP
Oh no, the JD Power ad campaigns aren't working???

Not to mention the Camaro is not even advertised.

GM needs a complete overhaul of their marketing team.
whitelightning011 is offline   Reply With Quote