Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-05-2017, 08:28 AM   #1
RonatVengeance

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1
Vengeance Racing Stage III ZL1- Pics/Video/Specs

We have been anticipating the release of the 2017 Camaro ZL1 for quite a while now, and are excited to see them finally rolling through the shop doors! This particular ZL1 came to us with just under 500 miles on the odometer, owned by one of our long time faithful customers. After coming out of a Kenne Bell supercharged 5th gen, AGP twin turbo 5th gen that he still owns and races with us, and several other fast toys, this ZL1 was one of the first dropped in Georgia and he knew that stock power just wouldn't be enough. We have big plans of 4-digit power numbers in the near future on this car, but in the mean time he wanted to see what we could achieve with the stock supercharger combination to be a fun and fast street car.

After having many years of experience with the LT4 engine in the C7 Z06 and CTS-V, the blue print had already been laid out for what we needed to do to push the LT4 engine and 1.7L supercharger to their potential reliably. As it is with most of our customers, a heavy hitting camshaft had to be the foundation of the build, but something that was still extremely streetable. We reverted to our Stage III performance package for the 2016+ CTS-V as the foundation for the build on the ZL1, as well as the addition of a dual nozzle methanol injection kit and E85 flex fuel sensor for an added bump in power when the fuel was available. Lastly, a set of BMR lowering springs were added to set the stance up and help the car look as good as it performs!

The total modification list used includes:
  • Vengeance Racing Stage III Camshaft Kit
  • American Racing 2" Longtube Header System
  • AldoWeld Cold Air Intake Kit
  • Vengeance Racing 2.38" Upper Pulley Kit
  • Lingenfelter Balancer and 9.17" Lower Pulley
  • Vengeance Racing Flex Fuel Sensor
  • AlkyControl Dual Nozzle Methanol Injection Kit
  • BMR Lowering Springs

After the installation was complete, we headed to the dyno to complete the tuning on both fuels for the car. After baselining at 553rwhp and 487rwtq, our final end result on power was an extremely strong 708rwhp / 628rwtq on 93 octane, and 759rwhp / 651rwtq on a 70% content of E85! This was a total gain of 206RWHP and 164RWTQ over stock while still at a conservative boost level and timing!

The car was delivered immediately after installation to our friends at Glasslife Atlanta for a full paint correction and ceramic coating service to protect the exterior surfaces of the car, and we are looking forward to a full photo shoot once this is complete very soon. Stay tuned to see performance results from this car at the upcoming WannaGOFAST 1/2 mile event in May at Heaven's Landing in Clayton, GA as well!

For more information on our ZL1 pacakges, as well as any of your other LSX/LTX performance needs, make sure to visit www.vengeanceracing.net or e-mail us at sales@vengeanceracing.net today!

WATCH VIDEO HERE:

RonatVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:58 AM   #2
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Very nice and an awesome job on the build. Congratulations.

What's the story on the white letter tires?
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:03 AM   #3
RonatVengeance

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
Very nice and an awesome job on the build. Congratulations.

What's the story on the white letter tires?
Thank you!

I cannot comment on the white letter tires. Customer installed and enjoys being different
RonatVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:29 AM   #4
BMR Suspension

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
BMR Suspension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:50 AM   #5
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
A+
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:40 AM   #6
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Old 04-05-2017, 10:57 AM   #7
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
Pretty sweet.

My only comment, (and it has nothing to do with this fine work) is why the torque numbers are so much lower than the HP number.

The HP number we see a 15% parasitic loss from the base 650hp which is normal for a manual.
The Torque number we see a 25% parasitic loss from the base 650 torque.

Makes me wonder if the LT4 really is 650 torque as advertised. The 487rwtq number is pretty darn close to a Gen5 ZL1.

My 2 cents.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:00 AM   #8
aka Reckless

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Bada Bing Bada Boom
aka Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:01 AM   #9
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonatVengeance View Post

We have been anticipating the release of the 2017 Camaro ZL1 for quite a while now, and are excited to see them finally rolling through the shop doors! This particular ZL1 came to us with just under 500 miles on the odometer, owned by one of our long time faithful customers. After coming out of a Kenne Bell supercharged 5th gen, AGP twin turbo 5th gen that he still owns and races with us, and several other fast toys, this ZL1 was one of the first dropped in Georgia and he knew that stock power just wouldn't be enough. We have big plans of 4-digit power numbers in the near future on this car, but in the mean time he wanted to see what we could achieve with the stock supercharger combination to be a fun and fast street car.

After having many years of experience with the LT4 engine in the C7 Z06 and CTS-V, the blue print had already been laid out for what we needed to do to push the LT4 engine and 1.7L supercharger to their potential reliably. As it is with most of our customers, a heavy hitting camshaft had to be the foundation of the build, but something that was still extremely streetable. We reverted to our Stage III performance package for the 2016+ CTS-V as the foundation for the build on the ZL1, as well as the addition of a dual nozzle methanol injection kit and E85 flex fuel sensor for an added bump in power when the fuel was available. Lastly, a set of BMR lowering springs were added to set the stance up and help the car look as good as it performs!

The total modification list used includes:
  • Vengeance Racing Stage III Camshaft Kit
  • American Racing 2" Longtube Header System
  • AldoWeld Cold Air Intake Kit
  • Vengeance Racing 2.38" Upper Pulley Kit
  • Lingenfelter Balancer and 9.17" Lower Pulley
  • Vengeance Racing Flex Fuel Sensor
  • AlkyControl Dual Nozzle Methanol Injection Kit
  • BMR Lowering Springs

After the installation was complete, we headed to the dyno to complete the tuning on both fuels for the car. After baselining at 553rwhp and 487rwtq, our final end result on power was an extremely strong 708rwhp / 628rwtq on 93 octane, and 759rwhp / 651rwtq on a 70% content of E85! This was a total gain of 206RWHP and 164RWTQ over stock while still at a conservative boost level and timing!

The car was delivered immediately after installation to our friends at Glasslife Atlanta for a full paint correction and ceramic coating service to protect the exterior surfaces of the car, and we are looking forward to a full photo shoot once this is complete very soon. Stay tuned to see performance results from this car at the upcoming WannaGOFAST 1/2 mile event in May at Heaven's Landing in Clayton, GA as well!

For more information on our ZL1 pacakges, as well as any of your other LSX/LTX performance needs, make sure to visit www.vengeanceracing.net or e-mail us at sales@vengeanceracing.net today!

WATCH VIDEO HERE:

Are you finding the stock cooling configuration adequate for your mods?
Old 04-05-2017, 01:01 PM   #10
SoCal Racer

Drives: C4,C6 Z06,Silverado,'17 Red Hot ZL1
Nice gains on the numbers...I can't wait to see what these numbers translate to at the racetrack
SoCal Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 04:40 PM   #11
USCavVet
Built and Tuned By Hhp

Drives: .
Any idea if there is any fitment issues with thermal reduction plates? Contemplating on getting a set of fastproms before my car is put back together.
USCavVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:14 PM   #12
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
Is the exhaust 3"?

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:50 PM   #13
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Glad to see my boy Aldo Welds getting some of his products in these builds. I've known him since he was wrenching in imports back in the day. I'm proud to see his business grow. He deserves it and busts his ass. He's at the shop at sunup and doesn't leave until 1-2 am most night. His Ice Tanks are gorgeous btw. This is the first intake I've seen of his. Way to go Aldo!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2017, 08:23 PM   #14
djgogls

Drives: not yet
Nice work!

I was wondering if there is a stage 1 and stage 2 pricing and details are ?
djgogls is offline   Reply With Quote