Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-16-2018, 02:29 PM   #43
AJL13

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG23 View Post
I don't really know if there would be a market for it, but if Chevy took the 4cyl turbo out of the Camaro and put it in a sport tuned Cruze, it may eat the Civic's lunch .
Trifecta Performance is currently doing this project as we speak. They are running into a TON of issues, mainly with IC fitment, as to be expected.

Personally, as a 33 year old, the CTR's looks are far too immature for me to own. Same reason I passed on the WRX as well.
AJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 02:52 PM   #44
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
All it needs is one big fart can in the middle. This is rice straight from the factory. It's also really late to the hot hatch game. If they're selling, there's no proof on the roads down here. I think I've only seen one ever.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 03:40 PM   #45
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
till last week, I have seen zero in Austin, this past week I've seen two they burned out my eyes.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 08:43 AM   #46
mdhopt36

Drives: '17- 1ag37 V6 traded, for 1SS 2018!
Haven't seen one yet. The shock would be too great, I think. I'm a geezer, just couldn't picture myself sitting in one. Besides, my V6 Cammy looks just KILL it.
mdhopt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 11:08 AM   #47
oldman

the car is a birth control ride on wheels (can't possibly get a date).
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:59 AM   #48
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
that civic is the most ridiculous looking shitbox made today..
i wouldn't have one of those for free.
what the hell are honda thinking making a car that damn ugly

they have a few at the dealer where we bought our new tucson...i said to the wife you like the look of that honda..herregud she said..oh my god..i personaly think it's one of the ugliest cars ever created. nobody over 19 can drive one of these things without looking a collosal pratt
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 05:53 PM   #49
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSD View Post
I saw one at cars and coffee, the owner seemed very proud that he only paid $7000 over msrp .. What a joke. That puts the price right around a 1ss. I'd take a 1SS any day over that. But alot of the import guys would never be seen in a camaro, even though a camaro will beat their honda at everything. 0-60 in 6 seconds??? Too many other good options at that price point, but it probably handles great for a FWD car.
While I would personally never pay over MSRP for any car I must also say that anyone that does pay a premium on a civic Type R will still be in better shape with resale value after a year than most of us that buys a new Camaro at a 7K discount. When buying a new car I have learned to look at the bigger picture making certain that the deal I'm signing into is wise in both the front and back end of the deal. The Type R is very limited and rare and civic resale values in general are already some of the highest out there. I fully understand that most of us on this forum are into V8's and horsepower and the Type R and other FWD performance cars will never be understood or appreciated for what they are.
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 10:51 PM   #50
torqueaddict

IMO, it's too high of a premium to pay for a 300hp FWD. There are better options out there.

Everyone is different but the way I see it, resale value should have little bearing on a car you're going to sit in and enjoy. The joy I get driving the Camaro SS trumps any loss in resale value. Plus, I keep my cars for a long time.

And it's not like the Civic Type R isn't without its problems:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...da-fixing-one/

BTW, these issues are not isolated cases. The civicx forums have confirmed they are pretty widespread. More proof the Honda reliability myth is just that, a myth.
Old 03-18-2018, 09:58 AM   #51
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
More proof the Honda reliability myth is just that, a myth.
or is it? https://www.consumerreports.org/car-...they-stack-up/
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 01:44 PM   #52
torqueaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
Depends on which survey you choose to believe:

http://www.autonews.com/article/2017...-power-iqs-kia

http://www.autonews.com/article/2018...-dependability

I'm not saying Hondas are not reliable, but they are not the pinnacle of reliability many make them out to be. I could have worded by previous statement better.

Autonews seem to have a read limit on their website so here's other links:

http://www.jdpower.com/press-release...dability-study
http://www.jdpower.com/ratings/study...y-Make/1881ENG
http://www.jdpower.com/press-release...dability-study

Last edited by torqueaddict; 03-18-2018 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Some links no longer working
Old 03-18-2018, 08:52 PM   #53
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
-3 Words-
Purpose, Built, Rice

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:23 PM   #54
JeffFox

Drives: 2018 2SS Coupe A8
I like it

I would like it more without that huge wing on the back.

If the wing could be removed I think the Civic R looks would be tolerable.

The wing screams "look at me, I am the fastest" which it is not, which could be very embarassing very often. Therefore, no thanks for me.

I do think it is great that one can buy such a car and applaud Honda's efforts. There is plenty of great automotive engineering in the Civic R.
JeffFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:56 PM   #55
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzz View Post
While I would personally never pay over MSRP for any car I must also say that anyone that does pay a premium on a civic Type R will still be in better shape with resale value after a year than most of us that buys a new Camaro at a 7K discount. When buying a new car I have learned to look at the bigger picture making certain that the deal I'm signing into is wise in both the front and back end of the deal. The Type R is very limited and rare and civic resale values in general are already some of the highest out there. I fully understand that most of us on this forum are into V8's and horsepower and the Type R and other FWD performance cars will never be understood or appreciated for what they are.
Disagree, the Integra Type R was a limited production car and rare, the Civic Type R is a STANDARD PRODCUTION CAR, Honda said they can make as many as ordered. if the production "limit" is because it is ugly and filled with dealer markup, then no true limit at all. Sorry I can't see somebody lusting after one of these STANDARD PRODUCTION CARS, decades from now, Integra Type R... different story.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:12 AM   #56
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Disagree, the Integra Type R was a limited production car and rare, the Civic Type R is a STANDARD PRODCUTION CAR, Honda said they can make as many as ordered. if the production "limit" is because it is ugly and filled with dealer markup, then no true limit at all. Sorry I can't see somebody lusting after one of these STANDARD PRODUCTION CARS, decades from now, Integra Type R... different story.
A total of only 6,000 are being made for the US market in the next 2 years allowing dealers to sell from 15 to 30K over MSRP! Honda dealers don't expect these markups to go down due to low supply and high demand. Love it or hate it but it is what it is. Used examples are currently going for 38 to over 40K at auction.
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote