Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-25-2015, 09:00 AM   #1
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Camaro Can't Arrive at Dealerships Soon Enough

Found this article regarding the quality control hold and the Anticipation of the 2016 Camaro arrival to dealerships:

http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2016...alers-say.html

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:09 AM   #2
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
What boggles my mind, are the cars it says was built and then shipped out two days later.

So the early cars are stored and go through extended amounts of QC (been nearly a month and a half now since my car was built), but cars built 2 or 3 weeks later come right off the line and shipped to the dealer without a 2nd thought? What if this car had a QC issue not yet found by the people inspecting the earlier built cars?

You would think the initial cars would be held for a long while (such as they are now) and then the cars built over the next 2 or 3 weeks would also be held, but at a shorter interval until all has been deemed as good on the early builds, and then finally, the cars built even a few weeks after that can run business as usual with no extended QC hold.

GM....please ship our early build cars!!!!
Old 11-25-2015, 09:17 AM   #3
Zack46

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
What boggles my mind, are the cars it says was built and then shipped out two days later.

So the early cars are stored and go through extended amounts of QC (been nearly a month and a half now since my car was built), but cars built 2 or 3 weeks later come right off the line and shipped to the dealer without a 2nd thought? What if this car had a QC issue not yet found by the people inspecting the earlier built cars?

You would think the initial cars would be held for a long while (such as they are now) and then the cars built over the next 2 or 3 weeks would also be held, but at a shorter interval until all has been deemed as good on the early builds, and then finally, the cars built even a few weeks after that can run business as usual with no extended QC hold.

GM....please ship our early build cars!!!!
I second everything you said. It's like that first production week of 10/12 TPWs were like the experiments to see if the builds were done right or not. If not built right, they find what they did wrong and every TPW week after the 10/12 TPW goes according to schedule. Which is what you see happening. But, c'mon, its been 43 days how long does it take to go thru another QC inspection?

NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Old 11-25-2015, 09:21 AM   #4
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71
Or maybe there was an actual issue on earlier builds that needs to be repaired? They could then correct the problem on the assembly line so any new production is good to go.
BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:23 AM   #5
Zack46

Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post
Or maybe there was an actual issue on earlier builds that needs to be repaired? They could then correct the problem on the assembly line so any new production is good to go.
Yes, pretty sure this is the likely scenario.......................

NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Old 11-25-2015, 09:28 AM   #6
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
The 2016 car of the year has QC issues...

I hope they get this fixed soon. A lot of hype on this 6th gen just to have the cars sitting at the factory for QC ussies...

The backlash could start soon unless they get these cars moving ASAP.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:32 AM   #7
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
The 2016 car of the year has QC issues...

I hope they get this fixed soon. A lot of hype on this 6th gen just to have the cars sitting at the factory for QC ussies...

The backlash could start soon unless they get these cars moving ASAP.
Funny thing is the truck of the year (Colorado) also had its share of first year production issues.

They always say don't buy the first year, and this is the first production, of the first year, in factory with many new workers. You guys took a huge gamble in ordering so early.

Hopefully they don't have too many problems. This wasn't very reassuring:
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=421284
Quote:
For two 10-minute rounds, they were expected to assemble and deconstruct 18 flawless cars for imaginary awaiting customers. That’s just over a minute per car. They made 15 vehicles, of which 14 had defects.
BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:39 AM   #8
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
People can walk into a dealership and buy a Camaro. Yet I cant have my car that was built over 5 weeks ago. This blows!
Old 11-25-2015, 09:47 AM   #9
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post

They always say don't buy the first year, and this is the first production, of the first year, in factory with many new workers. You guys took a huge gamble in ordering so early.
That is usually the case, hence why I am waiting to order a '17. Well, I also am hoping for a 1LE, and I want to see what they do for the 50th anniversary.

Funny thing is some cars first year are actually the preferred year after the fact. Not due to possible lower production, but as some things may have been changed down the production run. This usually seems to go with higher end cars though...like the '63 Corvette, for example.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:51 AM   #10
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
You will note the GM PR person is indicating this is normal, keep early builds an extra few weeks while shipping builds assembled after the early builds. And expects people to believe it.

It is standard practice to closely inspect all early builds. If an issue is found, it is standard practice to correct before shipping completed builds as well as correct on the line. It has not been standard practice to hold early builds more than three weeks unless there was an issue. Maybe that has changed.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:59 AM   #11
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
I recall stating that a person will be able to walk into a dealership and buy it before a lot of people who ordered it get theirs and I got called out for it.. Blah blah blah allocation blah blah blah

This was the same case with the Mustang.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:08 AM   #12
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
That is usually the case, hence why I am waiting to order a '17. Well, I also am hoping for a 1LE, and I want to see what they do for the 50th anniversary.

Funny thing is some cars first year are actually the preferred year after the fact. Not due to possible lower production, but as some things may have been changed down the production run. This usually seems to go with higher end cars though...like the '63 Corvette, for example.
I'm hoping that they roll out the new Z/28, and maybe the 1LE for the 50th... that would be epic.

I really feel for those that are sitting in limbo wondering if the person reading the IKEA manual to assemble their car even knew how to read...

We really need to see some cars start showing up.. This is starting to smell more and more like a huge PR mess.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:15 AM   #13
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
I have not been notified of any issues, granted my case is special and all but apparently my QC didn't show any issues nor they discovered something else after so far. I think the issue mainly is the shipping companies and their work.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:28 AM   #14

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Well, remember this?.....Start calling the people in the "Contact Info"....put a bee in their bonnet...

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/chev...26-caramo.html
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote