Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-03-2017, 03:50 AM   #1
05SilverStreak

Drives: Black aSS 2011 - L99
Interesting Spark plug find.........

Not good news! I was changing plugs because I was feeling a slight miss at low RPM while driving and at idle. Not all the time, and not very bad. I use regular spark plugs 2 steps colder because I have a 200 shot of NOS. I have all of the supporting mods for safe nitrous use so don't make that the culprit first off. Car runs and idles fine, just every once in awhile, that slight miss. Will post pics of the plug when I get it.
Attached Images

Last edited by 05SilverStreak; 07-03-2017 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Add pics..........
05SilverStreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:41 AM   #2
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Appears you should get a cheap scope camera from harbor freight and suck that cylinder clean with a shop vac and small fitting then blow like crazy with compressed air and visually inspect . Hopefully nothing has been hurt much and you can go motoring with a new plug, and its a broken plug...it happens, and you should keep a eye on that cylinder but the exhaust may have cleared out crap to stick in the cats... a little porcelain and steel... Many threads on here about guys breaking one plug doing the headers....LOL
Old 07-04-2017, 09:48 AM   #3
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
I'd be lookin at the fuel side of your N2O setup...that looks like a lean burn..good luck and keep us posted!
Old 07-04-2017, 12:36 PM   #4
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Wow, hope that exited without doing too much damage! Let us know how that bore and piston top looks....
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote