Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 10-09-2016, 02:10 AM   #1
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Smile Roto-fab CAI Photos!!

First, I would like to thank everyone for your continued interest and feedback on our CAI. It is an honor to interact with such great people, and to be involved in manufacturing a great product.

A few guys posted their Roto-fab equipped pictures in other threads, so I thought it would be helpful to consolidate the Roto-fab photos to one thread! The Roto-fab CAI has the flexibility of 8 different configurations, factoring in the sound enhancer/delete, oiled/dry filter, and red/etched logo options. It is my hope that over the course of time, we can collect pictures of every configuration on different cars.

Here is one of my favorites from the past few weeks!

5th gen ZL1, Roto-fab CAI. 6th Gen SS, Heartbeat supercharger, Roto-fab CAI

If you have Roto-fab products on another vehicle, such as a G8, Challenger, or Camaro5, feel free to share them as well!

Thanks in advance!
Michael
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 06:20 AM   #2
Hyper1SS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 NPP
Here is my installed Roto-Fab intake with sound tube delete. Love the look, the feel of the Camaro after install. The fitment is excellent and the quality is high. I would highly recommend the Roto-Fab intake to anyone wanting a quality aftermarket cold air intake!!
Attached Images

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Order ID: TDHQMS
1100 on 01/07/2016 at Penske Chevrolet
6000 on 02/23/2016 Delivered to customer
Hyper1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 07:35 AM   #3
BowtieRocket

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS- M6
I have a question about what eliminating the sound enhancer does for the system, or to ask another way, how does it effect or impact the intake system?
Old 10-09-2016, 08:06 AM   #4
BowtieRocket

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS- M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
We have received many calls in regards to the benefits and difference between our two CAI versions. Here is a detailed explanation that can be found elsewhere, but I feel it is helpful here as well. Feel free to share this with others who are unfamiliar with our two configurations.

The 2016-17 Roto-fab Cold air intake system is available in two primary configurations. The first is our standard version with provisions to connect to the factory sound enhancer system. The second configuration features a sound tube delete option. This option includes a smooth inlet elbow without the sound tube connection, a block off plate for the firewall and instructions for eliminating the sound tube assembly. Both versions are available with a dry filter option. There is no significant difference in performance between any of these configurations.
The sound tube delete option offers a few advantages. First, those with other mods such as headers and exhaust don’t want additional sound inside the car. Second, the elimination of the sound tube system really cleans up the appearance under the hood. Finally, many have told us they don’t want to artificially enhance the sound of their car.
Every system comes with an anodized black logo badge with “Roto-fab” etched in it. Also included is a “Roto-fab” vinyl graphic in red giving customers the option of reversing the badge and attaching the red logo which closely matches the red font on the engine covers.

Roto-fab CAI, sound tube accommodation, oiled filter, etched logo.

Roto-fab CAI, sound tube delete, dry filter option, red logo.

Thanks again to everyone for your feedback and support during our 2016 CAI release.

Michael
Nevermind, found the info here
Old 10-09-2016, 10:02 AM   #5
Roto-fab 1

Awesome, thanks for your interest! And thank you also for relaying that information.

Michael
Old 10-10-2016, 01:05 PM   #6
420zack

Drives: 2016 summit white 2SS camaro
👌🏻
Attached Images

420zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:39 PM   #7
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
One more for the gallery.

Name:  IMG_2439.jpg
Views: 2815
Size:  247.9 KB
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 03:36 PM   #8
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper16 View Post
One more for the gallery.

Attachment 825900

Thanks for the great pictures everyone! I thoroughly enjoy seeing the new ones posted.

Michael
Old 10-13-2016, 05:47 PM   #9
Roto-fab 1

Here is a neat picture of the Roto-fab CAI components! There is a ton of craftsmanship involved in this system, with many processes being performed by hand.

Roto-fab CAI components, dry filter, etched logo, sound tube accommodation.

Thanks for your interest and support!
Michael
Old 10-14-2016, 07:03 PM   #10
Sham001
PushRodLT1

Drives: M1SS1LE
LT1
Attached Images

Old 10-14-2016, 07:56 PM   #11
Hyper16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham001 View Post
LT1
Fixed the photo for ya.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 2549
Size:  116.5 KB
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:02 PM   #12
Sham001
PushRodLT1

Drives: M1SS1LE
QUOTE=Hyper16: Fixed the photo for ya.

Thanks
Old 10-14-2016, 08:32 PM   #13
Hyper16

Quote:
QUOTE=Hyper16: Fixed the photo for ya.

Thanks
Sure thing. Looks good. Roto-Fab makes awesome CAIs

Old 10-16-2016, 12:22 PM   #14
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
LT1
Thanks for sharing! If you ever need any further assistance, please let me know.

Michael