Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-01-2021, 10:28 AM   #15
infinitereality
Limitless Imagination

Drives: 2018 ZL1 & 2022 Hayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Exactly, that's why I bought from ZL1 Addons myself. Sure, it cost a couple bucks more than those janky aliexpress specials, but I don't see how saving ten or twenty on parts for a $70k car helps anyone here, short or long term.
I respectfully disagree, at least for these. I think for what they are and can't be seen, they are overpriced at 3x the cost versus the knockoffs. If they were half the price from ZL1Addons, I would have added them to my cart when I was ordering couple other items from them.
- RotoFab Dry, Forgestar CF5V (ZLE Spec), Eibach Pro, AeroForce Interceptor, GT4 Tow Hook
- Carbon Fiber (Satin): Radio, Shifter, Steering Wheel Controls, Shifter Top, AC Vents, Side Mirrors & Shark Fin
2022 Suzuki Hayabusa - Brilliant White Pearl & Shocker Yellow Wheels
- +4 Arm, 240 OEM Wheel, Brock's CT (Ti) Exhaust, 1.25" drop, etc...
infinitereality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 11:08 AM   #16
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Highly recommend Smart Film in NE Mesa. They did the Clear Bra on my Z/28. Very happy. +1 for ZL1 Addons lifting blocks and their Tow Hooks.
Old 12-01-2021, 06:15 PM   #17
AZ_ZL1

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
Congrats on the new car! Where in AZ are you. Im out in Waddell. (Sweet I’m in North Peoria)

As far as oil change, od say do it around 500-1000 miles. Do the diff around 500 miles as well. Then its good for a long while afterwards. (Sounds good thx)

Get the zl1 add-ons lift blocks and rock guards asap. (Definitely)

As far as tint, unfortunately my tint person went under during covid so idk. Id also recommend spending the coin and either get it PPF'd or ceramic (or both) depending on if its a daily driver or a weekend toy. Past that, enjoy the car.
(I am going to put the ceramic on myself and might get some of the front fascia and stuff PPF’d also)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS View Post
If you check on Amazon, there are similar Chinese "knockoff" lifting blocks for the 6th gen. They are a little cheaper than ZL1addons, but do exactly the same thing! Had them on mine for over 2 years without an issue.
(I actually bought those first because of Amazon got them faster than ZL1 addons so I supported both )

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Congratulations and one of my favorite colors! Enjoy that new hotrod.��
(Thanks )

Quote:
Looks very good, congrats

The diff fluid change is to get rid of potential break-in contamination, cheap insurance and peace of mind basically. (Sounds good and I will do it also pretty nice only having to do the rear diff fluid without transfer case and front diff )

If you want to preserve the paint in the best possible condition, I'd look at getting some rock guards (mudflaps, heh) as well as PPF for at least the front and side mirror caps, but if you can swing it, the whole car.
(Sounds good got the ZL1 addons deluxe ones and wanting to get some done up front but the whole car is out. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Congrats on the Z! (Thanks )

Or you can support an American entrepreneur instead.

(Actually bought both sets 1 from Amazon since faster and also ZL1 addons)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palutz View Post
Congrats on the purchase! That riverside blue is beautiful and it was my second choice behind black.
(Thanks I was looking for Black as well since it’s looks Bada$$. Extra work but have done it many times before.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG20SS View Post
Nice ride man. enjoy it
(Thanks and so far it’s a blast)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brians98ss View Post
For tinting try

https://shanestintandclearbra.com/

He is located in Peoria and did a great job on my last two Corvettes.
(Very cool it is one of the companies I have been considering, thank you.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Highly recommend Smart Film in NE Mesa. They did the Clear Bra on my Z/28. Very happy. +1 for ZL1 Addons lifting blocks and their Tow Hooks.
(Thanks but that’s a bit too far about 1 hour away. I still appreciate the info though )
AZ_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 06:17 PM   #18
AZ_ZL1

And cheers to all the guys that commented.
Old 12-04-2021, 06:18 PM   #19
Doc_Scott_PT
66,144 hrs in the making

Drives: 2021 ZL1 Riverside Blue
Perfect color choice! Any plans on the wheels? I just couldn’t do the stock wheels.

Its a daily, couldn't imagine only driving this on the weekend.

MRR Custom Wheels
Anvil Auto Spoiler
AWE Touring Catback Exhaust With Resonator
Next Gen Speed Interior Carbon Fiber

Doc_Scott_PT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 10:49 PM   #20
AZ_ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Scott_PT View Post
Perfect color choice! Any plans on the wheels? I just couldn’t do the stock wheels.
Thanks Doc and of course I would love the SS 1LE wheels or of course the ZLE wheels and plenty of aftermarket wheels but it’s not in the budget currently. Stock wheels are ok but quite a pain to clean all of the gaps.

Pic of the Amazon vs ZL1 addons lifts since I got set of both. The size does look identical also I will have 6 on mine so it works for me to get 2 sets.
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2021, 11:33 PM   #21
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_ZL1 View Post
Was really interested in the 2 SS 1LE or the ZL1 after searching and searching AZ as well as CA, and Utah I got a ZL1 2 weeks ago. Wow super impressed even after owning numerous Liter bikes/crotch rockets. I did not get it exactly as I would have ordered it but in these times the waiting time I was getting was too long for me. The main colors I was looking at was Black, Riverside Blue and Wild Cherry. I started with 3 miles on Odo and now got a little over 500 miles on it already.

2022 ZL1 in Riverside Blue A10 (Limo tint coming soon)
CONGRATS!!! Awesome ride, I almost pulled the trigger on ordering a ZL1 but went with my 2SS instead...

You just spent a buttload of money on a great car, don't cheap out on the oil changes, do it at 500 and 1,500 miles (I would do the rear diff as well on both of those), if you do it yourself the oil change is only about $100 each...)

Get some PPF for sure or you are going to have a lot of rock chips...

This is where I did PPF on my 2SS... I wouldn't do anything less than the red areas... (I have 5,200 miles and not a single rock chip... )

Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 06:22 AM   #22
infinitereality
Limitless Imagination

Drives: 2018 ZL1 & 2022 Hayabusa
Quote:
Thanks Doc and of course I would love the SS 1LE wheels or of course the ZLE wheels and plenty of aftermarket wheels but it’s not in the budget currently. Stock wheels are ok but quite a pain to clean all of the gaps.
SS1LE wheels is my personal favorite and have been since they originally came out. As soon as I needed new tires I upgraded wheels as well. This is with 10mm front and 5mm rear spacers plus Eibach springs
Attached Images

- RotoFab Dry, Forgestar CF5V (ZLE Spec), Eibach Pro, AeroForce Interceptor, GT4 Tow Hook
- Carbon Fiber (Satin): Radio, Shifter, Steering Wheel Controls, Shifter Top, AC Vents, Side Mirrors & Shark Fin
2022 Suzuki Hayabusa - Brilliant White Pearl & Shocker Yellow Wheels
- +4 Arm, 240 OEM Wheel, Brock's CT (Ti) Exhaust, 1.25" drop, etc...
infinitereality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 08:56 AM   #23
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Was really interested in the 2 SS 1LE or the ZL1 after searching and searching AZ as well as CA, and Utah I got a ZL1 2 weeks ago. Wow super impressed even after owning numerous Liter bikes/crotch rockets. I did not get it exactly as I would have ordered it but in these times the waiting time I was getting was too long for me. The main colors I was looking at was Black, Riverside Blue and Wild Cherry. I started with 3 miles on Odo and now got a little over 500 miles on it already.

2022 ZL1 in Riverside Blue A10 (Limo tint coming soon)

Beautiful vehicle. First thing I try to do with a new vehicle is get a clear bra installed. I can't speak to the oil changes as I don't have too much experience with the LT4, but I figure spending a little on such an investment is not that big a deal. Congrats, and good luck with your new baby!

Oh and good luck with a good reputable window tint place. I haven't had the best of luck with the last 4 window tint shops that I've visited. They either don't care about letting water run down the door, or don't care about applying the film on correctly, and this is getting my windows tinted from places that charged me as little as $200 for a full tint job to $1300 for a full tint job. Spending the $1300 was quite a disappointment as I was hoping that I'd get a decent job, but it was one of the worst tint jobs I'd seen.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 09:14 AM   #24
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
Amazing!!!

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 08:06 PM   #25
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitereality View Post
SS1LE wheels is my personal favorite and have been since they originally came out. As soon as I needed new tires I upgraded wheels as well. This is with 10mm front and 5mm rear spacers plus Eibach springs
Looks great and much better than the OEM wheels especially with the spacers! Too bad it didn’t come this way from the factory. I haven't seen any aftermarket’ wheels that look better than these do.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 11:01 PM   #26
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
Looks great and much better than the OEM wheels especially with the spacers! Too bad it didn’t come this way from the factory. I haven't seen any aftermarket’ wheels that look better than these do.
This 6th gen SS 1LE wheel design must have been borne out of an inspired moment, it's so simple, yet so powerful and almost impossible to best. I'd love to hear the story behind it, if there is one.

(The stock ZL1 1LE wheel design is pretty good, too, by the way.)

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 11:25 PM   #27
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
This 6th gen SS 1LE wheel design must have been borne out of an inspired moment, it's so simple, yet so powerful and almost impossible to best. I'd love to hear the story behind it, if there is one.

(The stock ZL1 1LE wheel design is pretty good, too, by the way.)
I agree, the SS 1LE wheel is by far the best looking wheel on a Camaro, I plan to get some MMR 017 1LE replicas when it is time for tires... (I have 5,200 miles and a lot of meat left on the tires, might be time to start testing out the Line Lock feature of the SS!)
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
Old 12-07-2021, 11:27 PM   #28
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitereality View Post
LOVE the ZL1 with the SS 1LE wheels, looks AWESOME!!!