Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-24-2021, 07:32 PM   #15
02blackss

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec3104 View Post
My LT1 came with a tow hook...just no place to put it.
I Just picked up my LT1 2 weeks ago and there is no Tow hook or ever a place to attach it at the front as far as I can see. I also got no Fuel Filler anywhere that I can see. Not in the glove box, not in the trunk....nada
02blackss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:17 PM   #16
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
Our 2020 2SS vert came with the tow hook under the floor in the trunk stuck in the Styrofoam.
We need front license plates in NJ but thankfully the dealer did not mount the cheezy plastic screw into your bumper one provided from the factory.
So I bought the ZL1 Addons plate mount that uses the tow hook location and I ordered a hook with it. I like the way theirs looks better than the factory one.
Its not terribly expensive but they seem to be back ordered. I was able to get my hook in a few days by buying an unpainted unit. Only the hook itself was un painted.
As for visibility I can see where the issue comes up but you do get used to it quickly. The one thing I still dont like is the seat recline limiter that only allows the seat to recline to straight vertical. I would be more comfortable with a few more degrees of lean. Theres videos on youtube showing how to remove the stop and get full recline without any issues Ive seen so far.
The car is very engaging as you pointed out... And as the other guy pointed out... I turn the radio off too!!! Never even set it up.
I have a 2006 HD full dresser with a radio I bought new. The tunes have never been turned on in 15 years...
Much more important things to listen to.
Old 03-24-2021, 08:22 PM   #17
MR's 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02blackss View Post
I Just picked up my LT1 2 weeks ago and there is no Tow hook or ever a place to attach it at the front as far as I can see. I also got no Fuel Filler anywhere that I can see. Not in the glove box, not in the trunk....nada
Its behind the grill on the passenger side. Theres a small maybe 6"x2" piece of the grill that snaps out. Look close. And I needed a smal screw driver to help it unlatch. Youll see a small flat where the screw driver fits to get things moving out then just pull it out.
It would have been so easy for them to mold a circular opening to allow the shaft to pass through. Probably easier than making a piece that snaps out.
Ive seen where some guys have used a Dremel and cleared room. I may do that in the future.
Old 03-24-2021, 10:06 PM   #18
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post

I've answered a few of your questions. I don't care about the radio as I prefer to listen to the exhaust which I have set to all time track mode.

When the exhaust is in touring mode and you get on it does that open up the valves to sport mode?

A. Yes, the valves open up when the rpms climb. If you want the what I think is best exhaust experience (loud when you want it and quiet when just cruising down the freeway) then go into the exhaust menu in the center infotainment screen and set the exhaust to be in Track mode all the time.
The LT1 doesn't have a Track Mode. Sport Mode opens the valves full time.
Old 03-25-2021, 05:04 AM   #19
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR's 2SS View Post
Its behind the grill on the passenger side. Theres a small maybe 6"x2" piece of the grill that snaps out. Look close. And I needed a smal screw driver to help it unlatch. Youll see a small flat where the screw driver fits to get things moving out then just pull it out.
It would have been so easy for them to mold a circular opening to allow the shaft to pass through. Probably easier than making a piece that snaps out.
Ive seen where some guys have used a Dremel and cleared room. I may do that in the future.
You have an SS model he is talking about the LT1 model, they have different front end. GM did not design the LT1 for track use, so no tow hook option on the front.

Last edited by Memphis SS; 03-25-2021 at 08:09 AM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 07:35 AM   #20
MR's 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
You have an SS model he is talking about the LT1 model, they have different front ends. GM did not design the LT1 for track use, so no tow hook option on the front.
I was wondering about that after I posted.
Should be there anyway though... considering if you need a tow. Id rather the flat bed operator be able to hook someplace easy...
Old 03-25-2021, 10:14 AM   #21
supercab78

Drives: 1931 Ford 1941&1963 Chevy. 2020 LT1
2020 LT1 convertible here. Tow hook in the trunk spare tire area. I was supposed to get a plastic type of key to help open the truck if the battery is dead but didn't.
supercab78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 12:10 PM   #22
jcharm

Drives: 2021 LT1 Camaro
Thanks for the replies. One more question... What are the rectangular cut outs on the A frame pillars? Looks unfinished.
jcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 12:15 PM   #23
jcharm

Drives: 2021 LT1 Camaro
Called my insurance company. Rates are stupid high for this car. Like 800 dollars more a year than my much more expensive Alfa Romeo Guilia was. So wrong to be judged like this. Clean record with 30 plus years of driving experience. Such a scam.
jcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 12:23 PM   #24
SkySerpent

Drives: 2022 Vivid Orange LT1 M6
I pay 1300USD (I'm from Canada) and that's a very low rate for my area and I drive a V6 LOL
SkySerpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 02:01 PM   #25
02blackss

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySerpent View Post
I pay 1300USD (I'm from Canada) and that's a very low rate for my area and I drive a V6 LOL
That's a lot man...

Mind you I am 45 with a clean record.

My LT1 V8, I pay $136 a month Canadian and in one of the highest insurance postal codes in the country....

Jason
02blackss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 03:15 PM   #26
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercab78 View Post
2020 LT1 convertible here. Tow hook in the trunk spare tire area. I was supposed to get a plastic type of key to help open the truck if the battery is dead but didn't.
You bought it new? If so go to the dealer and insist on the plastic assist piece. It slides over the key that removes from the FOB and gives you the leverage needed to turn the key in the lock. The lock is behind the top of the back seat (drivers side, toward the center of the car IIRC), you have to pull the seat back out a bit to access the lock. It’s hard to get leverage on the key without the plastic insert.
Could also be hidden in the trunk, console, or glovebox and you haven’t found it?
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 06:30 PM   #27
supercab78

Drives: 1931 Ford 1941&1963 Chevy. 2020 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post
You bought it new? If so go to the dealer and insist on the plastic assist piece. It slides over the key that removes from the FOB and gives you the leverage needed to turn the key in the lock. The lock is behind the top of the back seat (drivers side, toward the center of the car IIRC), you have to pull the seat back out a bit to access the lock. It’s hard to get leverage on the key without the plastic insert.
Could also be hidden in the trunk, console, or glovebox and you haven’t found it?
Yes we got it new, we drove 400 miles to buy it. I plan to ask a local dealer about it when it goes in for the ONE free oil change that came with it. I did the first oil change myself at 1000 miles. Sitting at 2600 miles now, so it will be awhile. Looked all through the car and haven't found the assist key.
supercab78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 07:50 PM   #28
Vega$69

Drives: 2017 Corvette ZO6 & 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
The LT1 doesn't have a Track Mode. Sport Mode opens the valves full time.
No Track Mode buy does have Competitive Driving Mode which is pretty much the same a Track Mode
Vega$69 is offline   Reply With Quote