Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-14-2016, 10:41 AM   #1
RomanB

Drives: 2LT RS Yellow Convertible
New Yellow Convertible - what kind of detailing?

Hi All,

This weekend I can pick up my custom order of a yellow convertible. I have two questions for you guys

Q1: I have to park the car outside and of course don't want that my car gets dirty. Do you recommend putting any cover on my car or should I wait to avoid any paint damages?

Q2: I also read that a lot of people don't recommend to get the detailing done by the dealer. I looked up in my area for a pro shop. What would you recommend in case of I go with these guys? a,b,c or d?

a) Standard Detail: Our most cost effective alternative to keeping the exterior of your vehicle clean and looking its best. The exterior is steam washed with a high pressure formulated solution to remove embedded dirt, grime, bird droppings and other impurities. Detail spray solution is then applied for protection and shine on all painted surfaces. Tires and wheels are also cleaned and dressed.

b) Deluxe Detail: Tailored for lightly soiled vehicles. We start with our Standard detail and work our way inside. The dashboard, cluster, steering column, vents, cup holders are dusted and wiped clean. Both door and trunk jambs are steam cleaned. All glass surfaces including rear view mirror and sun visors are cleaned and left spotless. The carpet and upholstery is thoroughly vacuumed.

c) Supreme Detail: Recommended for mildly soiled vehicles, or exposure to extreme conditions. In addition to our Deluxe package, the rear trunk jambs are steam cleaned and vacuumed. The front and rear floor mats are shampooed, while the entire dashboard, center console, and steering wheel are degreased. All panels are wiped clean and finished off with UV protection conditioner. Ideal for bi-weekly follow up service to keep your car looking fresh and clean.

d) Premier Detail: Designed to maintain the factory showroom shine. After a thorough Supreme detail package has been executed we properly prep the paint with detail clay. This process will remove any embedded brake dust, tree sap, and road tar to ensure a clean surface. We then apply 2 fresh coats of carnauba wax. Proper maintenance and care will result in a longer lasting finish.

Thx!!!!
RomanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 12:04 PM   #2
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Check in the 'Cosmetic Maintenance' forum and read ANYTHING by Glen e. His methods are tested and proven. His signature contains links to instructional documents on all kinds of detailing.

Here's one to get you started: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=435828

Edit: Just woke up when I posted. Seriously misread the OP. Sorry.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.

Last edited by Hyper16; 10-14-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 12:09 PM   #3
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
I assume you want to not do this yourself. If you want to use him, have him rinse the car and put a basic single carnuba wax coat on the car. Then you can investigate the newer stuff in my docs long term. The carnuba is not a long term solution, it washes off quickly.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 12:25 PM   #4
RomanB

Glen, Thx for your response. I saw your great collection of docs already. As I understood you correctly for the initial detailing of the new car, rinsing and a single carnuba wax is sufficient.

I will contact the guys about this. Unfortunately they only work Mo-Fr ... In case I pick up the car this weekend, I have to wait with the detailing.

What's about using a cover on the new car?
Old 10-14-2016, 12:32 PM   #5
67Builder
White knuckled & smiling

Drives: '17 ZL1 AKA Perfection!
If I were you, I'd call the dealer and ask them not to prep the car for you.
The guys that are doing it are usually rushed, and don't care much for your paint finish. There have been horror stories about them swirling up the paint before the owner ever even gets to see it.

Just some food for thought.

If they do prep it for you, make sure you go over every panel and look for anything wrong with the paint or body. Better to make it known and document it before you actually sign and take delivery.

If you haven't signed the final papers yet, you have tremendous leverage to get things fixed or remedied in some way. After you sign, you're usually just a service issue for the warranty folks.
67Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 12:59 PM   #6
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanB View Post
Glen, Thx for your response. I saw your great collection of docs already. As I understood you correctly for the initial detailing of the new car, rinsing and a single carnuba wax is sufficient.

I will contact the guys about this. Unfortunately they only work Mo-Fr ... In case I pick up the car this weekend, I have to wait with the detailing.

What's about using a cover on the new car?
I have no problem with a cover on a car, if you're taking it off and putting it on daily, long term It will probably will scratch , however all the scratches come out with an annual fine polish job.

Also if you're looking for some quick protection, you can tell them not to do anything on the car, take it home and wash it with a good car soap, and spray on some Meguires QUIK WAX, at the auto parts store .......it's dynamite stuff for short term protection
Old 10-14-2016, 10:48 PM   #7
RomanB

Thx guys for your response!
Old 10-14-2016, 11:30 PM   #8
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
One thing I am wondering about is what to do for the soft top?
Anything to protect it that works well ?
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 03:12 AM   #9
Glen e

Google RAGGTOP
Old 10-15-2016, 10:07 AM   #10
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Most excellent - I will get some. First soft top for me.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 03:11 PM   #11
2006Moy

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible Hyper Blue
Aero 303 is a quality top protectant and cleaner. That's what I'm using currently.
2006Moy is offline   Reply With Quote