Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-20-2021, 01:37 PM   #29
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
I think you should ask yourself if you plan to modify for more power in the future.. LT1 is infinitely more modification friendly than the v6 in the camaro and has a higher power ceiling. I would go with the LT1, but I'm a v8 diehard. The 330 hp in the v6 sounds like enough, until you realize the low end torque is gutless when compared to the LT1. A v6 camaro is not very fun under 3,000 rpm, where the car will operate most of it's life, an LT1 on the other hand is very fun under 3,000 rpm.

Pretty much this right here is why I would recommend the LT1 over the V6 to you and that is Engine torque.

For everything else when I read the brochure back in 2020 and my cars personal build sheet. The V6 1LE, LT1 and SS without 1LE has the FE3 suspension. The LT1 is fine on a drag strip and on the street I would probably recommend at least a rear tire upgrade from the 245s on the LT1 if you choose that. If you choose the Auto LT1 you get the Trans cooler.

I take my LT1 on the fun road near me it is hilly curvy and fun no issues. If you want to race it on a track I would get the model that is better suited for it and GM warranties it for the track as well which is the SS, 1LE or SS 1LE.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 02:22 PM   #30
jcharm

Drives: 2021 LT1 Camaro
Insurance on my LT1 was astonishingly high. V6 might be substantially cheaper. It’s worth asking your insurance company for sure
jcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 03:55 PM   #31
Silent_H_

Drives: '21 V6 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomcustom View Post
A V6 1LE dominated at Camaro fest auto cross this year. Kicked the shit out of me with an SS 1LE. Lol.
I could believe that on an auto cross. But on a road course you'd dominate the V6 all day long!
Silent_H_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 04:57 PM   #32
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_H_ View Post
I could believe that on an auto cross. But on a road course you'd dominate the V6 all day long!
100%
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 05:05 PM   #33
LA_LT1

Drives: Chevy Camaro LT1, BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcharm View Post
Insurance on my LT1 was astonishingly high. V6 might be substantially cheaper. It’s worth asking your insurance company for sure
Yes - this gets over looked. In my area insurance was for well over $3K/year for the V8.
LA_LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 05:29 PM   #34
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_LT1 View Post
Yes - this gets over looked. In my area insurance was for well over $3K/year for the V8.

I pay half that for full coverage on the Camaro and 2 pickups.....

Last edited by 95 imp; 07-20-2021 at 05:54 PM.
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 06:47 PM   #35
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Get the LT1 and enjoy that V8 455 hp because V8s are a dying breed in the future.��
Old 07-20-2021, 07:30 PM   #36
Autosenses

Drives: MK7GTI, 21 Traverse
Send a message via AIM to Autosenses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrothgar View Post
I'm going to be in the minority and say "stick to the V6". 2021 is the last year you can get the V6 1LE Combo, so if that is what your heart is set on, go for it. Personally, I think the V6 1LE is more than sufficient for getting up to speed and taking corners (at double the posted limits). If corner carving is what you want, as opposed to straight-line speed, the V6 1LE gives you that in spades. The LT1 or SS, even without the 1LE package, are fantastic as well, don't get me wrong, but I think I'm much more likely to get into trouble with 450 hp then 335. The V6 1LE handles everything I throw at it, and I don't fear pushing it to its limits, unlike the SS, which is much more machine than I reasonably need.
Your absolutely right. I did have my heart set on the V61LE. I know what I want but I can't find one...So I may have to pivot. Uggh prices are insane for 1ss's.

i'm hoping a v61LE lands at a local dealer soon...
Autosenses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 08:00 PM   #37
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
IMO V6 1LE and LT1 are cars with different focuses. I personally would take the V6 1LE between the two but that's because I am more of a track/Autocross guy, but LT1 is great for anyone looking for the feel and acceleration of the V8 for a good bargain. LT1's lack of additional cooling would worry me a bit on a track.

That said, I know two guys with V6 Camaro and the gas mileage honestly isn't much different from the V8. The explanation is covered above - V6 doesn't have the same level of torque as V8(LT1 makes more torque @ 1200 RPM than the LGX can ever make at any point in its rev range), so you have to work it harder. The difference in gas cost will come from the difference between regular and premium gas, as V6 runs fine on 87 octane.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 08:09 PM   #38
Autosenses

Drives: MK7GTI, 21 Traverse
Send a message via AIM to Autosenses
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
IMO V6 1LE and LT1 are cars with different focuses. I personally would take the V6 1LE between the two but that's because I am more of a track/Autocross guy, but LT1 is great for anyone looking for the feel and acceleration of the V8 for a good bargain. LT1's lack of additional cooling would worry me a bit on a track.

That said, I know two guys with V6 Camaro and the gas mileage honestly isn't much different from the V8. The explanation is covered above - V6 doesn't have the same level of torque as V8(LT1 makes more torque @ 1200 RPM than the LGX can ever make at any point in its rev range), so you have to work it harder. The difference in gas cost will come from the difference between regular and premium gas, as V6 runs fine on 87 octane.
Absolutely agree. Now that I know what the LT1 is, i'm skipping. Multiple reasons why the V61LE is perfect for me...phenomenal roads and I have Lime Rock and NYST very close by. That being said, the reality is I may do 1 AutoX and track day a year.
Autosenses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 09:04 PM   #39
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post

I pay half that for full coverage on the Camaro and 2 pickups.....
I was thinking the same thing. I’m in Canada so it’s skewed, but I pay roughly 3k a year for all 5 of my vehicles combined. I guess it’s cheaper now that I’m my late 40’s.
Old 07-20-2021, 09:07 PM   #40
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Get the LT1 and enjoy that V8 455 hp because V8s are a dying breed in the future.��
Couldn’t agree with LT4Greg any more. Unfortunately he’s on point here. The LT1 is an incredible motor, and it (along with the V8) are going the way of the dodo bird.
Old 07-21-2021, 08:00 AM   #41
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupilbone View Post
Couldn’t agree with LT4Greg any more. Unfortunately he’s on point here. The LT1 is an incredible motor, and it (along with the V8) are going the way of the dodo bird.
Exactly why I wanted a V8 Muscle Car now, I knew this was the end and I could finally afford one of my dream cars.

The sound, the feel, the power. Outstanding, totally worth it.