Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-31-2021, 12:42 PM   #43
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorsoDuroJohn View Post
LT1 here also. One thing you WILL like is
with the M6 the cruise control will resume even after shifting gears! clever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
Eevery manual I've ever had, depressing the clutch kills cruise control, I do love how Chevy got this to work.

It's interesting, but generally useless. With the exception of possibly dropping a gear on the highway ahead of a longer incline and then shifting back up at the top, what's the point of changing gears without changing speed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox45 View Post
You fuel pump doesn't prime when you open the door before getting in? My 2020 LT1 does, you can hear it quite well.

Ox.

Depends on how long you've been out of the car. If you're only gone for a few minutes, the system still has pressure in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcharm View Post
Right , but that’s not “on” Limited access to vehicle settings and such in accessory mode.
Quote:
My car is a manual. I’m wondering if this is the reason for different results with the foot off the brake button push.
It isn't a button push... it's a push and hold. Press the Start button and don't let go until all of the dash lights come on. You have full access to everything, although you may need to set the e-brake for certain options to work as the car may block access to things it doesn't want you doing "while driving".
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 12:48 PM   #44
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by delthawk5 View Post
Really? Wow. I would have guessed that stuff was standard equipment by now. Specially with all the complaints this car gets about visibility.
Nope...only the higher level trims get blind-spot-detection.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 01:23 PM   #45
jcharm

Drives: 2021 LT1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
It's interesting, but generally useless. With the exception of possibly dropping a gear on the highway ahead of a longer incline and then shifting back up at the top, what's the point of changing gears without changing speed?

Depends on how long you've been out of the car. If you're only gone for a few minutes, the system still has pressure in it.

It isn't a button push... it's a push and hold. Press the Start button and don't let go until all of the dash lights come on. You have full access to everything, although you may need to set the e-brake for certain options to work as the car may block access to things it doesn't want you doing "while driving".

Gotcha. So there are three settings then with foot off the brake?

Short press - Accessory
Press and hold - Power on
Press and long hold - Service mode
jcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 01:27 PM   #46
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Gotcha. So there are three settings then with foot off the brake?

Short press - Accessory
Press and hold - Power on
Press and long hold - Service mode
Can't remember for certain, but I think one press is ACC, a second might be more of an 'on', but the long hold is what puts the car into a mode where it's the same as if it were actually running.
Old 03-31-2021, 02:02 PM   #47
02blackss

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox45 View Post
You fuel pump doesn't prime when you open the door before getting in? My 2020 LT1 does, you can hear it quite well.

Ox.
I don't think that is the fuel pump you are hearing. Because when I hold down the start button (the extended hold) that is when I can clearly hear the fuel pump priming from inside the car...I even read somewhere else here in the forums that it is the "correct" way to start the car rather then just Push start and immediately start. It gives the pump virtually no time to prime...
02blackss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 02:33 PM   #48
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02blackss View Post
I don't think that is the fuel pump you are hearing. Because when I hold down the start button (the extended hold) that is when I can clearly hear the fuel pump priming from inside the car...I even read somewhere else here in the forums that it is the "correct" way to start the car rather then just Push start and immediately start. It gives the pump virtually no time to prime...
If you have been out of the car for an extended period, opening the driver's door (assuming that the hood is closed and latched - leaving it popped will defeat this), the fuel pump kicks in to pressurize the system and that is exactly what you are hearing. There is absolutely no reason to "press and hold" the start button to kick the fuel pump in before push to start. If the car needs to pressurize the system PRIOR to cranking, it will. Once the car reaches a full "on" setting (either by being started or by the press-and-hold service setting), the pump kicks in because the expectation is that the car is actually running at that point.
Old 03-31-2021, 02:45 PM   #49
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Adding this from the owner's manual... Not only is there no need to enter Service Mode before starting, the car won't even start from Service Mode and has to be turned back off first.
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2021, 04:33 PM   #50
02blackss

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Adding this from the owner's manual... Not only is there no need to enter Service Mode before starting, the car won't even start from Service Mode and has to be turned back off first.
Ok I will go over this step by step as I do it every single morning..

1.) Unlock car, get in and Press and hold the start button without touching any of the pedals....This allows me to change the exhaust mode BEFORE the car turns over. This has been well documented throughout the forums here.

2.) When I do this, I can clearly hear the pump priming.

3.) Once I have selected my exhaust mode, I simply push the start button again and the car starts (with my foot on the brake and clutch depressed)

4.) Maybe we are getting our information mis-interpreted

Jason

Last edited by 02blackss; 03-31-2021 at 04:36 PM. Reason: update
02blackss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 07:35 PM   #51
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Ok I will go over this step by step as I do it every single morning..

1.) Unlock car, get in and Press and hold the start button without touching any of the pedals....This allows me to change the exhaust mode BEFORE the car turns over. This has been well documented throughout the forums here.
Yep. Well-documents as a way to 'force' the valves closed at startup instead of them closing a few seconds afterward. Not required, and is only really related to a personal choice.

Quote:
2.) When I do this, I can clearly hear the pump priming.
As mentioned, the car expects that it's running at this point. So, it's not really priming as much as it is 'running'. Once the fuel system reaches full running pressure, it will shut off. The fuel system will have primed (if need be) when you opened the door in preparation for startup. Once the engine starts cranking, the pump will have kicked in to continue fuel delivery after it has started.

Quote:
3.) Once I have selected my exhaust mode, I simply push the start button again and the car starts (with my foot on the brake and clutch depressed)
According to the owner's manual, the car -shouldn't- start from this mode. Whether it does or not, I can't honestly say because I have never tried.

While what you do is completely legitimate and allows you to achieve a specific 'affect' at startup, it's 0% necessary. The only time that what you're doing even changes anything is if you select Stealth Mode for the exhaust because that will forcible close the valves prior to the engine starting compared to the system auto-closing them within about 10 seconds of startup. The reason that they are allowed open by default at startup is for emissions purposes, but you can override that (as you well know from your routine).
Old 04-02-2021, 10:43 AM   #52
jcharm

Drives: 2021 LT1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Got a pic in thw Camaro? I am switcing from rough rider run flats to smoother non-runflsts.

Here you go...
Attached Images

jcharm is offline   Reply With Quote