Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-29-2014, 09:44 PM   #169
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by white ZL1 View Post
I see a little of what you're saying....

And I'm also digging that huge opening. Imagine how nice a huge air to air intercooler fed by a couple of twins would be.
Yep, heat soak has been an issue with the ZL1 (for road track guys)... I think they are on their way to solving it.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:12 PM   #170
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
I like it a lot more after looking at the autoblog pics, the pics with shadows on the car help me see the lines of the body better snd it looks more aggressive than the original pics I saw with high noon sun washing everything out.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:16 PM   #171
Mersades
Web Geek Chick & NHRA fan

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 RJM
The angle on the rear wheel well in this shot make it look just like the styling of the rear well of the CTS coupe.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2016-...photo-2976710/
Old 09-29-2014, 10:31 PM   #172
thejbyrd

Drives: My wife nuts with my obsession
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDesign View Post
Something like that ? (under progress...)
now do a rear or side shot. great work btw.
thejbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:37 PM   #173
Obnoxious Orange

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
No worries!

Throw a nice Obnoxious Orange paint job on it and it will be fine.
Obnoxious Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:55 PM   #174
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
I like that it looks more compact than the current gen but the styling is a big miss in my opinion. Time to look for a low-mileage pre-refresh V8.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:56 PM   #175
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDesign View Post
Something like that ? (under progress...)
I'd love to see a talented photoshop editor take the reins on this and keep a progressive design going that includes the details we know will be on the car, and then fill in the rest based on what we are seeing or what we think we know.

The Mustang crowd did this, and over time as more and more was found out about the car, they pretty much had a spot on rendering before the car was released. Its possible this could back fire and turn off some people if it doesn't end up being close, but it would be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
This car is going to be insane. Will the looks please everyone? Nope. It will be lighter, more nimble, quicker, more fun to drive, better safety, better tech, etc.

I do hope they hide the muffler a little better, other than that I like its stance.
No doubt in my mind, and I think most should feel the same, that this car should outperform the 5th gen from base to top trims. Looks matter a lot, and this car needs to do that part well also.

As for the muffler, if they don't hide it or change it, well at least we know where some big weight savings can come from, although it is likely designed for better/less wind drag as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by white ZL1 View Post
If they bring out a Z car at 600+ hp and 3600lbs I'm going to be buying my 3rd new Camaro in 5 years.
Not gonna happen...I'd love to see it and hope I'm wrong, but I'd say a Z will be in the 3,800 to 3,900 range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcashan View Post
Autoblog has a few additional pictures that I did not see on here unless they're between page 2-6

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2016-...photo-2976724/
Good shots!!! Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
After the 4th & 5th time of looking at these pictures, there is still TONS of padding on this car.

The hood edge sticks up all the way around.

the roof sticks out over the side windows by over an inch.

look at the close up of the front side profile, it still has about an inch of padding on it....

NO WAY GM WOULD MAKE A BAD HOOD FOR THIS CAR. THEY HAVE MADE TOO MUCH PROGRESS WITH DOWN FORCE AND HEAT EXTRACTION TO MESS IT UP ON THE NEXT GEN!

It appears they are trying to make it look like a hatch back, but I think that is all fake as well......

I know some have complained about the front lower opening, but I hope it is that big.... That tells me GM is taking the performance level of this car to the "next" level. That allows for more air in for oil/liquid cooling, more potential for more down force..
I hope you are right about the padding, not that I hate what we are seeing thus far.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:59 PM   #176
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
I like that it looks more compact than the current gen but the styling is a big miss in my opinion. Time to look for a low-mileage pre-refresh V8.
Just curious, but what about it turns you off? I don't understand how anyone can draw definitive conclusions based on these shots alone....unless you were hoping for something radically different. If your someone who is a current 5th gen owner, I can see disappointment if you wanted something that looked way different.

But if you like the 5th gen, then I don't see how anyone can be writing off this car as just plain bad looking Lots of details we haven't seen.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:03 PM   #177
txferrari

Drives: 2016 Z06/7.
I agree with what someone said earlier. That camo keeps messing with me so I give up. I'll just wait, but it sure is fun reading the opinions.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:15 PM   #178
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
Could be something close to this ?
Attached Images

horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:35 PM   #179
Jspeed

Drives: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The gas cap is definitely on the passenger side, which I don't like.
There are pros and cons to both sides (shorter walk vs. not worrying about hitting the island w/ the door). Try not to let that bother you too much.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:43 PM   #180
m1tankr

Drives: '69 Camaro RS LM-1
I'm not too concerned yet. This is first crack at the ring for the 6th gen. So should be mostly drivetrain & chassis testing for now. Next round at the ring will be more for body & aero testing. That should be much closer to the final spec body. This should just be semi-close to the final shape. Also, they troll these out to see what the reactions are so they can decide which style cues are keepers & which get tossed. Should be a few similar cars that they'll keep picking & choosing elements from until finalization. Judging how far out they went on the new Vette (& those guys are hardcore traditional), I think they'll do a good job. Looks like they are cutting & trimming the Camaro to fit the ATS chassis.
m1tankr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 12:11 AM   #181
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamDiesel420 View Post
So far I think it looks kind of ugly but its hard to tell with all the camo. also the spoiler looks very cheap I hope thats not final!

I personally dont like the 14' look ether, I just bought my SS about 6 months ago and choose to get a 2012 used. My Asian friend made a joke saying the new camaro's like "chinky" because the front grille is so small. I would agree I just don't like it and still haven't gotten used to it after 9 months.

I guess since your friend is Asian he can get away with saying "chinky."
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 12:49 AM   #182
camarosource

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 Showcar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Gen 5 makeover... Doesn't say new generation to me. Says new wallpaper on the same old house.
I COMPLETLY AGREE with you!!

Every single GENERATION of Camaro has been an entirely renew style.

1967-1969
1970-1981
1982-1992
1993-2002
2010-2015

Completely new look. 1st gens did not look like 2nd, nor did 3rd, or 4th but had cues that indicated Camaro..

To me, 6th gen should not have been any different in that it should have a NEW style but cues of a Camaro. 2016 should be more along the lines of streamline, aggressive still (keeping the CAMARO expectations about)...

However this looks like it could EASILY be a 2016 5th gen.. Nothing really has changed all that much to be an entirely NEW GENERATION except for a shorter base.

The overall appearance looks exactly the same as a 5th gen and even a mustang appearance from the side.

I don't know how many people agree with me but I for one am deeply disappointed.. This looks like UPDATE to the 5th gen, not anything that should warrant a NEW GENERATION. :-(

For 6 years we have all been anxious to see the NEW STYLING.. Concepts drawn by Camaro enthusiasts were never the same 5th gen look because they didn't want a 5th gen look. The 6th gen should be a NEW STYLE with cues of different years..

I'm disappointed :-(

Camarosource.ca FACEBOOK PAGE - EXCLUSIVE INFO On upcoming Camarosource.ca V5.0 and More!!

camarosource is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation