Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 06-29-2018, 11:58 AM   #15
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Pray is correct. Only up to 85% of this can be prevented as the back filling of spent gasses causes some of the coking and cannot be stopped.

Meth injection would have to spray constantly to be much help as it is the cooling and cleaning of a fuel spraying on the valves that prevents this.

Venting will substantially reduce your engines life with the increased wear and the power robbing parasitic loss by the pistons pushing against that pressure is never good. Again, you will not find a Professional form of racing that "vents" Crazy for anyone to argue that leaving most of the wear and damage causing crap in the crankcase is somehow good. Venting only a small amount is pushed out.

Then as parasitic power loss is never good, why would one settle for it or the ring flutter issues that create far more crankcase blow-by issues?

Pull suction at all times on the crankcase. Learn from the Pros.

Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 08:38 AM   #16
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
The deposits also depend on what your pouring into the motor as far as oil... No Joke. Euro grade standards ACEA vs API are a lot higher. Their oils are full of Additives that are bad azz for wear and generates a high TBN of 12 plus which is great (this leads to ultimate protection and long oil intervals) but now take a look at LOW ASH oil hardly near as much additives lower TBN of 8 something, that low of a TBN number is something you will see in cheap oil..

Some of the problem are the calciums and magnesiums and other additives that are whats depositing they are great for anti wear but burn terrible and gum up when in a heated situation. now with DI it even worse.

I work a lot on Diesel this is no new news to me really the diesel fleets having to conform a long time ago with Tier 4 low ash oil and sulfurs.

0.5 Ash is really good
less than 1.0 is SO SO
above 1.0 is high Ash

GM knows there's a problem they are trying to bandaid i think with this new 0W-40 low ash oil..

I'm probably going to use the Mobile 1 Euro 0W 40 w a TBN of 12.7 and a vented catch can vs the Dexos low ash ESP 0W -40 TBN of 8.5

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 05:31 PM   #17
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
The deposits also depend on what your pouring into the motor as far as oil... No Joke. Euro grade standards ACEA vs API are a lot higher. Their oils are full of Additives that are bad azz for wear and generates a high TBN of 12 plus which is great (this leads to ultimate protection and long oil intervals) but now take a look at LOW ASH oil hardly near as much additives lower TBN of 8 something, that low of a TBN number is something you will see in cheap oil..

Some of the problem are the calciums and magnesiums and other additives that are whats depositing they are great for anti wear but burn terrible and gum up when in a heated situation. now with DI it even worse.

I work a lot on Diesel this is no new news to me really the diesel fleets having to conform a long time ago with Tier 4 low ash oil and sulfurs.

0.5 Ash is really good
less than 1.0 is SO SO
above 1.0 is high Ash

GM knows there's a problem they are trying to bandaid i think with this new 0W-40 low ash oil..

I'm probably going to use the Mobile 1 Euro 0W 40 w a TBN of 12.7 and a vented catch can vs the Dexos low ash ESP 0W -40 TBN of 8.5
Intresting take on this. I'd like to the the results. So you won't run any crank case gas thru the intake (vented catch can)?
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 05:32 PM   #18
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by markblackwell View Post
Just Add Meth
I woner what a very small amount of water / meth sprayed in starting at a low boost level would do? I think only time would tell.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 06:46 PM   #19
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Usually meth cleans very good.. good enough to clean the Teflon of the rotors of the blower. I would think it do good let's face it DI is for fuel economy and better atomization of the fuel so less fuel to clean areas like this.. can't hurt.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote