Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-02-2019, 09:22 AM   #15
Sev

Drives: 2016 2SS / 2004 Tacoma
I too bought my car out of state... all fees were included in the final price. My plates even came in the mail from the DMV, dealer took care of it all. Chalk it up as a "lesson learned" experience. At the end of the day, you have the car. Enjoy that beast!

"I'm going to drink you pretty, beautiful toad"
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 10:44 AM   #16
Frankie18SS

Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS, 07 Saturn Ion
First, congrats on the car and welcome to the forum!!

I actually bought a car from that dealership and had a horrible experience. I was berated by a finance officer for not wanting to finance through them. "Well, if you want to pay a higher interest rate, you go right ahead!".

I watched the car on Autotrader for several days. When they drew up the paperwork, they had a higher price. I told them it's wrong but when we checked Autotrader, the price was changed to $1500 more than the previous day. They said it wasn't. I had to tell them to login and check the history because the price was changed. Told them I want the lower price or I'm walking.

After I got the car home, noticed several things missing (rear floor mats, charging pad, ect) had 3 phones calls over 4 weeks to get the parts sent before I threatened to call the Better Business Bureau. Got the parts in the mail after that.

The BBB does have a complaint specifically for dishonest advertising and pricing. Considering you already had that agreement, you could file a complaint with the BBB. It's free, takes a couple minutes and you have nothing to lose. I've had a different dealership ghost me for weeks over excess charges but they overnighted me a check after I got the BBB involved. It's worth a shot.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:49 AM   #17
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Bought in KY, live in TN. No issues at all. Dropped off a check for the amount and drove away w/ temp tag on the car. They mailed my TN plate and reg within a week.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 12:35 PM   #18
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I bought mine out of state and it was a horrible experience. We drove 10 hours to get this car and I asked the guy numerous times about the "out the door" price making sure I had it correct because we were going to get a cashiers check and just buy it outright. I gave me the price and we got the check but when we got there, 10 hours away, now all of a sudden that price didn't include taxes and we had to pay thousands more. I explained to the young cocky asshole sales guy that we specifically asked for the amount because we were bringing a check and nothing else. I was super pissed and made sure they knew it. The sales guy knew what he had done and I even asked the manager what his definition of an "out the door" price was and he agreed but it was state law that they do the taxes for us and not let us do it at our DMV when we get tags which is how I have bought every other out of state car I have bought.
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 12:41 PM   #19
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Purchased from Becky D over in Michigan and drove home to Florida no additional costs on my end Becky took care of everything on her end.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:42 PM   #20
Squatch
Camaro pilot

Drives: 69 Camaro, 2014 ZL1
In Oregon we dont have sales tax, we have the opposite problem, everyone tries to tack on extra taxes we dont have..
Old 08-02-2019, 01:58 PM   #21
nelsont

Drives: 2018 2SS Hot Wheels Convertible
The old bait and switch!
nelsont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 12:25 AM   #22
1 Hot Red

Drives: 2021 Riverside blue 2SS 1LE
Live in NY bought in VA once i get a out the door price i drove down there to do all the paper work made sure ny tax was in the loan they even took care of my plates only issue was i had to wait 2 months for them because NY sent them to VA the dealer sent them to me
1 Hot Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 09:41 AM   #23
Shredstone

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Rear floor mats missing as well! Bummer! Overall this place seemed to have good reviews. Would have been nice having the extra cash to put towards winter wheels. I'll reach out to a manager one more time. After that, drive and enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie18SS View Post
First, congrats on the car and welcome to the forum!!

I actually bought a car from that dealership and had a horrible experience. I was berated by a finance officer for not wanting to finance through them. "Well, if you want to pay a higher interest rate, you go right ahead!".

I watched the car on Autotrader for several days. When they drew up the paperwork, they had a higher price. I told them it's wrong but when we checked Autotrader, the price was changed to $1500 more than the previous day. They said it wasn't. I had to tell them to login and check the history because the price was changed. Told them I want the lower price or I'm walking.

After I got the car home, noticed several things missing (rear floor mats, charging pad, ect) had 3 phones calls over 4 weeks to get the parts sent before I threatened to call the Better Business Bureau. Got the parts in the mail after that.

The BBB does have a complaint specifically for dishonest advertising and pricing. Considering you already had that agreement, you could file a complaint with the BBB. It's free, takes a couple minutes and you have nothing to lose. I've had a different dealership ghost me for weeks over excess charges but they overnighted me a check after I got the BBB involved. It's worth a shot.
Shredstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 09:59 AM   #24
TheWiseWolf

Drives: Camaro
I am actually thinking of buying from out of state

However its used and not new car.

Do you think it could be a more harder process?

I cant seem to find any models with the features I want around my area, been searching for almost a year now.
TheWiseWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 03:21 PM   #25
Frisbey

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Nightfall Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Purchased from Becky D over in Michigan and drove home to Florida no additional costs on my end Becky took care of everything on her end.
Same here,
Purchased from Becky D but had it shipped to Washington State.
Couldn't be happier!

Becky made it VERY simple,
and made a new friend as well

Next car,
Ill fly in and drive home.
2000 - 02/06/18 | 4300 - 02/20/18 Built
3000 - 02/07/18 | 5000 - 03/08/18 At Dealer
3100 - 02/09/18 | Delivered
Frisbey is offline   Reply With Quote