#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-02-2019, 01:39 PM   #15
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
Hey, I agree with you on this. We are on a roll here Very stupid to pay 1/4 the price of the car on coilovers, especially since the mag ride is so good. Even the DSSVs seem to make the performance worse under most conditions and without R-comps.

Also agree about buying a C8. Hopefully in 3 years or so I'm in one.
HAHA.

My plan is about 3 years out as well. I will be 4 years in on the 1LE at that point and it will be close to paid off.

Let GM work out the kinks, introduce a wide body with base motor (ala Grand Sport) and I'm in.

Just hope they fix the fender gap and tucked in wheel look in the wide body version, as that is a bit of an eyesore in the base model when you compare it to the flush look of the SS 1LE.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:59 PM   #16
BlueinTN

Drives: gas powered
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
It's because their tuning for the MRC sucks and they can't beat GM's calibrations.

You tried it and sent it back?

Last edited by BlueinTN; 08-04-2019 at 08:07 AM. Reason: spelling!
BlueinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:04 PM   #17
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueinTN View Post
You tired it and sent it back?

lol it just came out hes probably talking about the dsc box thing they sell for mrc cars
Old 08-04-2019, 08:09 AM   #18
BlueinTN

He says the samething on every thread I was just trying to ferret out the route cause.

I think DSC gt500? won some national events on the west coast last month. Must have been luck cant be the shocks.

https://www.facebook.com/DSCsp0rt/po...2%3A%22R%22%7D

https://www.dscsport.com/2017/06/23/...cam-challenge/

https://www.dscsport.com/2017/05/08/...ser-submitted/

Last edited by BlueinTN; 08-04-2019 at 08:35 AM.
Old 08-04-2019, 12:41 PM   #19
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
The problem with s people want the DSC box to be plug and play and BOOM you’re 1-2sec a lap faster! That’s just not how it works they are so you can TUNE the shocks yourself, based on your style/use/track etc. it’s not easy mode, gotta put in the work.
Old 08-09-2019, 06:03 PM   #20
BlueinTN

Well I found over the years if a person doesn't think of an idea themselves they usually dont take to the idea to well.

For me on car forums I try to just give out enough info someone can search for the info and make a decision for themselves. it just seems to go over better for the few that do actually care to learn something different.

I do think it is where we are failing in America is we cant think for ourselves anymore and pioneer and idea. We are becoming followers.
Old 08-11-2019, 10:24 PM   #21
RSFR

Drives: ZL1
I've been trying to find track reviews for a set of coilovers on a 6th Gen ZL1, but it doesn't seem like there are any out there. Anyone who buys coilovers only seems interested in stance.

The MRCs are not that great for heavy track use. They are WAY to soft, super heavy, their bulk limits wheel/camber setups, and very limited adjustability. The DSSV shocks are great, but again, very limited in the ways of adjustability.

I always see hate towards the BC Racing stuff, but I don't know why. Half the field at the time attack events I go to are running BC Racing setups. I'm personally running BC Forged wheels (same company as BC Racing) and they've been amazing so far at a great price.

The BR series they offer for Camaro starts at under $1,000, is one way adjustable, comes with camber plates, can be upgraded to swift springs, and has custom spring rates available. That seems like an amazing deal, unless you're specifically looking for 2 or 3 way adjustability.

Wish there was more information out there on setups for our cars. I don't want to be the guinea pig.
RSFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 12:15 PM   #22
kropscamaro16

i agree ive looked into and talked to like every company out there its either bc megan or kw or super high end shit like penske dsc or mcs ! did you ever see the detroit speed kit? looks like a nice setup but again $$$$
Old 08-12-2019, 12:36 PM   #23
RSFR

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
i agree ive looked into and talked to like every company out there its either bc megan or kw or super high end shit like penske dsc or mcs ! did you ever see the detroit speed kit? looks like a nice setup but again $$$$
Yeah, very spendy, and they don't list any specs on their website.

Renick seems to make a set of decent, affordable coils, but again, no reviews anywhere.

https://www.renickperformance.com/co...oilover-system
RSFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 12:48 PM   #24
kropscamaro16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSFR View Post
Yeah, very spendy, and they don't list any specs on their website.

Renick seems to make a set of decent, affordable coils, but again, no reviews anywhere.

https://www.renickperformance.com/co...oilover-system

yup and doesnt say who makes em either lol hmm weird
Old 08-13-2019, 09:23 PM   #25
1LE76G

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
That's on autoX, not high speed with imperfections/dips in the road, which is where you need everything composed and settled the most. The higher speed stuff caused instability and floatiness.
What parking lot have you ever been to that doesnt have dips
And imperfections?
1LE76G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 09:43 PM   #26
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
If you want the best go to race shop that has some of the fastest drivers in SCCA. Phoenix racing. They spent many many many hours developing Penski for 6th Gen Camaros.
NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 11:14 PM   #27
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyRacerBoy View Post
If you want the best go to race shop that has some of the fastest drivers in SCCA. Phoenix racing. They spent many many many hours developing Penski for 6th Gen Camaros.
Bingo! But a Phoenix prepped gen6 is serious $$$.
Speed costs. There is no way around it. Unless somebody wants an offshore made placibo effect
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 08:38 AM   #28
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSFR View Post

The MRCs are not that great for heavy track use. They are WAY to soft, super heavy, their bulk limits wheel/camber setups, and very limited adjustability. The DSSV shocks are great, but again, very limited in the ways of adjustability.
I think MRC is a cat's meow for a dual purpose car. With just minor mods tons of folks bolt on different size wheels and get tons of camber (my bud runs 3.5 on his ZL1 - albeit i dont really know WHY...).

I also think a brand new 3800lb Camaro is a poor and very expensive platform for a conversion into a "race car". But i respect different strokes for different folks idea.

As far as real life MRC capability on track, let's not forget gen6 SS 1LE beat $75,000 Z/28 track "weapon" which had more power, more tire, trick DSSV and uber Trofeo Rs to boot. But, oops! It was slower. And as experts will confirm, stiffer can be slower vs faster and be horrific on tire wear as well. Bottom line, the SS 1LE beat the Z/28 due to its superior handling. Nothing else. And sure as heck the MRC played a big role in it.

Food for thought and just a different perspective from my armchair Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote