Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 08-15-2019, 09:55 AM   #3039
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
Love your gif, BUT, a pro gymnast said the girl FEELS like she did a double back flip with a full twist, so....
right on!

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:26 AM   #3040
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Will this be a live event like that one video you did? If so, where can we tune in? And I have a request. Can you please ask Ed Piatek to clarify what he meant when he said that the C8 Z51 will outperform the C7 Z06 in every way? Did he mean on the track, straight line, top speed, quarter mile, all of the above? If you can get that question in there then I'd appreciate it.

If it is a live event then I will be tuning in.
I spoke to Ed a few minutes before the event started and asked him the question. He said that the Corvette blogger had gotten a little ambitious with his recollection of what Ed had said and that they sent him a correction, which he posted. What he actually said was that C8 Z51 outperforms C7 Z06 in a number of measures. In my conversation with him he confirmed that 0-60 is one such measure but pretty much deflected discussion on quarter mile and track times. That information is apparently still being worked. He had a PR guy standing next to him pretty much confining what he could say. For example, while we were talking another guy walked up and said “so how are you able to get 2 point, what was it?” Before Ed could even part his lips, the PR guy jumped in “under 3 seconds”. Messages are being closely managed.

It was cool hearing the three performance chiefs talking about their different approaches to developing high performance vehicles. Unfortunately I did have to leave mid-way through the event, so I’m sure I missed a lot of cool discussion. As Tim Kuniskis put it though, “there’s more than 2,000 hp sitting over there” in three cars. Who’d have thought that possible 10 years ago?
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 11:09 AM   #3041
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Based on the conversation I had this morning with Ed Piatek, I need to clean up this part of the conversation a bit.

Quote:
Oh...and I bet the base C8 will beat a ZL1. The C8 is going to straight up rip the competition to shreds. It has already been stated that the C8 Z51 will outperform everything except for the C7 ZR1 in every performance aspect. The non-Z51 won't be far behind it. So if it is outperforming the C7 Z06/Z07, then it's gonna beat the standard ZL1. And the base should match the ZL1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Where’d you hear this? Not bustin’ your chops, I really am interested in getting more detail on C8 capability and I would love to work backward from the source of this statement.
Quote:
I did not take it as you bustin my chops. I was going to post the link but I was too lazy to go back and find it. I was hoping that nobody would ask for it, lol! Oh well. Here is a quote from the link. It was a discussion with what seemed like a Q&A segment from the crowd to Ed Piatek...or it was an interview between Ed Piatek and Doug Feehan. To cut it short here is what was said:

"-When asked how they can claim the Stingray Z51 performance is superior to the current Z06; he gave a fascinating mini course on the performance advantages of the new C8 design and confirmed that "yes, it will outperform the current Z06 in every way. Our forum has already many thread discussion the details."

And here is the link to the entire thing.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...eorge%E2%80%9D

I'm actually glad you asked for the link because I figure if anyone can make heads or tails of whether or not this is all true it would be you.
Quote:
Thanks for that! If Ed said it, I believe it. Plain and simple. I don’t need to research this one at all. In fact, part of my “discovery” would have been to see if there was any linkage from the source to either a key engine parts supplier or a Corvette team member. The source is the Corvette team LEADER. Whom else would know if C8 Z51 outperforms C7 Z06 than the guy who led the development of both?
The cleanup involves those three words in RED.... in every way. What Ed says he said was “in several ways”. He has reached out to the Corvette blogger and corrected the statement. I still stand by my statement that if Ed said it, I believe it. Thing is, what was originally printed was not precisely what Ed said. Since I had a role in spreading the misinterpretation, I’m doing my part to unravel it.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 08-15-2019, 11:19 AM   #3042
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Love your gif, BUT, a pro gymnast said the girl FEELS like she did a double back flip with a full twist, so....
And yet another pro said she was able to do it better than a another gymnast who was a third her wait...
Quote:
I spoke to Ed a few minutes before the event started and asked him the question. He said that the Corvette blogger had gotten a little ambitious with his recollection of what Ed had said and that they sent him a correction, which he posted. What he actually said was that C8 Z51 outperforms C7 Z06 in a number of measures. In my conversation with him he confirmed that 0-60 is one such measure but pretty much deflected discussion on quarter mile and track times. That information is apparently still being worked. He had a PR guy standing next to him pretty much confining what he could say. For example, while we were talking another guy walked up and said “so how are you able to get 2 point, what was it?” Before Ed could even part his lips, the PR guy jumped in “under 3 seconds”. Messages are being closely managed.

It was cool hearing the three performance chiefs talking about their different approaches to developing high performance vehicles. Unfortunately I did have to leave mid-way through the event, so I’m sure I missed a lot of cool discussion. As Tim Kuniskis put it though, “there’s more than 2,000 hp sitting over there” in three cars. Who’d have thought that possible 10 years ago?
Thanks for asking. It is much appreciated. I kinda figured they'd be a bit tight-lipped. I was hoping that he'd clarify the Z51 being faster than the Z06 but I guess it won't be faster across the board. Still tho, to be on that level at anything with just 495 HP and a $64,995 price tag is something.

I will say that of these three guys, Chevy is the only one making upper echelon levels of performance at a price that the majority of their customers can afford. And they are keeping up with and beating the competition even with much less HP. Dodge and Ford both done forgot who their #1 priority was, their fan/customer base. Ford has priced the GT500 well out of reach of the vast majority of their customer base. And that is just MSRP. The markups shoot it soo high that even people who CAN afford it CAN'T push themselves to pay that much. And the GT350(R) just can't compete in it's price range. The Demon is out of reach. The Redeye when optioned appropriately is well out of reach. The Hellcat is stripped down. And the only ones that can meet their claims end up costing a lot of money. Then there's GM with cars like the ZL1, ZLE, Z06, and now the C8. Each of these cars are affordable and offer more HP than what you'd expect in their price range. GM actually gets it. And they're gonna see lots of sales because of this.

Anyway, after looking at the prices I think I'll go for either a 3LT with Z51 and MRC or a 2LT with Z51 and MRC but throwing in some racing stripes. I might option in the performance exhaust and high wing.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 11:24 AM   #3043
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
And yet another pro said she was able to do it better than a another gymnast who was a third her wait...

Thanks for asking. It is much appreciated. I kinda figured they'd be a bit tight-lipped. I was hoping that he'd clarify the Z51 being faster than the Z06 but I guess it won't be faster across the board. Still tho, to be on that level at anything with just 495 HP and a $64,995 price tag is something.

I will say that of these three guys, Chevy is the only one making upper echelon levels of performance at a price that the majority of their customers can afford. And they are keeping up with and beating the competition even with much less HP. Dodge and Ford both done forgot who their #1 priority was, their fan/customer base. Ford has priced the GT500 well out of reach of the vast majority of their customer base. And that is just MSRP. The markups shoot it soo high that even people who CAN afford it CAN'T push themselves to pay that much. And the GT350(R) just can't compete in it's price range. The Demon is out of reach. The Redeye when optioned appropriately is well out of reach. The Hellcat is stripped down. And the only ones that can meet their claims end up costing a lot of money. Then there's GM with cars like the ZL1, ZLE, Z06, and now the C8. Each of these cars are affordable and offer more HP than what you'd expect in their price range. GM actually gets it. And they're gonna see lots of sales because of this.

Anyway, after looking at the prices I think I'll go for either a 3LT with Z51 and MRC or a 2LT with Z51 and MRC but throwing in some racing stripes. I might option in the performance exhaust and high wing.
Performance Exhaust is included in Z51. It is also shown as a separate option for those who don’t want the full Z51 package but want the Perf. Exhaust and the +5 hp.

Old 08-15-2019, 11:59 AM   #3044
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
WOW. 4225 is a about two BigMacs from Redeye! How much with the CFTP? Over 4100?

I can't believe they were hyping how light it feels! Now, I'm sure the carbon fiber wheels make a huge difference, but come on, that's a disappointment. I expected under 4000 for the CFTP. Not a chance now...

On the other note, the Corvette pricing thing above shows a top speed of 194 MPH!

I'm disappointed in the big gap in pricing up to the 2LT from the 1. I was hoping for a $5k jump or so. But you do get a lot...
Yeah I don't see anyway the GT500 CFTP is under 4K. That is disappointing. She's gonna be a big girl. Not only that but now with that weight, IMO the 18K CFTP better offer performance to back up the price tag even more so than before.

Quote:
194 for the Stingray is crazy considering it is a NA car. So if the Z51 is faster, then it just might be better than the Z06 afterall.

If that pricing is correct (I have my doubts), then I'm in line for either a 3LT Z51 with no add-ons or a 2LT Z51 with high-wing and some additional visual things.
the Z51 might not be faster top speed. I think the C7 Z51 is like 2 or 3 mph slower than the base C7

Saw the same pricing on Autoblog. seems accurate. EDIT Misread it. Does include destination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
C&D tested the Redeye at 4,514 lbs. and Motor Trend had one that was 4,521 lbs, which is still nearly 300 lbs heavier than the GT500. Still, that's too close for comfort if you ask me.
Yeah that's a big car

Quote:

Quote:
Based on the conversation I had this morning with Ed Piatek, I need to clean up this part of the conversation a bit.

The cleanup involves those three words in RED.... in every way. What Ed says he said was “in several ways”. He has reached out to the Corvette blogger and corrected the statement. I still stand by my statement that if Ed said it, I believe it. Thing is, what was originally printed was not precisely what Ed said. Since I had a role in spreading the misinterpretation, I’m doing my part to unravel it.
I had a feeling something wasn't 100%

I should know now to not really doubt GM when it comes to performance as of late but some of the things just couldn't figure out how it would be possible lol

back to the pricing on the C8. Looks like you can get a hell of a lot of car. 2LT IMO seems like it would be what I would want.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(

Last edited by shaffe; 08-15-2019 at 01:58 PM.
shaffe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 12:00 PM   #3045
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:

Don't forget the SS1LE, and just the regular old SS. Even the plain non-1LE SS has all the coolers, brakes, and supporting stuff to run HPDE's all day long without issue, running faster than cars way out of it's league (at least until now, that is), and at prices where you can buy two SS's for what you would pay for one well optioned GT500 even WITHOUT ADM's. I really believe that the SS1LE is one of the greatest performance bargains in the entire history of automobiles. But, the C8 may even surpass that...
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 01:43 PM   #3046
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
C8

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Yeah I don't see anyway the GT500 CFTP is under 4K. That is disappointing. She's gonna be a big girl. Not only that but now with that weight, IMO the 18K CFTP better offer performance to back up the price tag even more so than before.

the Z51 might not be faster top speed. I think the C7 Z51 is like 2 or 3 mph slower than the base C7

Saw the same pricing on Autoblog. seems accurate. EDIT Misread it. Does include destination

Yeah that's a big car

I should now not really doubt GM when it comes to performance as of late but some of the things just couldn't figure out how it would be possible lol

back to the pricing on the C8. Looks like you can get a hell of a lot of car. 2LT IMO seems like it would be what I would want.
Agreed, the c8 will be great, but assuming it would beat the c7 x06 in every metric was pretty optimistic, once they're rolling I bet the c7z wins. However for a basic vette to be at that level is outstanding.

I also thought the z51 top speed won't be any higher than the base model, if anything lower, if it's more aggressively geared in the rear.

I would take a 1lt with the z51 pack for the value, but I wish you could have the BUD without having to go to a 3lt. Like a 1ss 1le, where you get cheap plastics all over but a HUD, pdr, and suede on the wheel and shifter.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 01:47 PM   #3047
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Gm

Quote:
Don't forget the SS1LE, and just the regular old SS. Even the plain non-1LE SS has all the coolers, brakes, and supporting stuff to run HPDE's all day long without issue, running faster than cars way out of it's league (at least until now, that is), and at prices where you can buy two SS's for what you would pay for one well optioned GT500 even WITHOUT ADM's. I really believe that the SS1LE is one of the greatest performance bargains in the entire history of automobiles. But, the C8 may even surpass that...
GM knows how to make great over all performance cars, not just one trick ponies, and the ss 1le might be one of the best performance values of all time imo. When you consider it's beaten some gtr's that motortrend tested at the Laguna seca, a car that can be had new in the mid to upper 30's. Plus corvettes have been batting above their weight class(price point) for ages.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 02:16 PM   #3048
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:

Ah don't sweat it. You had nothing to do with it. You were just going off what I posted. And all you said was that if Ed says it then you believe it. Turns out Ed did not say it so you had no part in spreading any rumors. If anything the blogger got excited like most of us are and heard something he might have wanted to hear. LOL. It happens. At least we have it clarified now.

To be honest, I really did believe Chevy had some magic they were using to actually make it faster. Still tho, a 194 top speed for the Base is very fast for a NA car. It is only 4 MPH slower than the ZL1's official top speed which says a lot. And even if it doesn't top the current Z06 in every way, it still tops it in a few ways and is close to it in all the other ways and for only a fraction of the cost. It is enough to make me happy. But...maybe I'll just get the 1LT with Z51 now instead of the 3LT Z51. LOL!!
Quote:
Performance Exhaust is included in Z51. It is also shown as a separate option for those who don’t want the full Z51 package but want the Perf. Exhaust and the +5 hp.
Thank you for that information and for all your help with all this stuff!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post

I should know now to not really doubt GM when it comes to performance as of late but some of the things just couldn't figure out how it would be possible lol

You were right afterall shaffe. My fanboy-ism got the better of me, lol!! It was good debating you on it tho!!
Quote:
100% correct!!
Old 08-15-2019, 02:23 PM   #3049
shaffe

Quote:

To be honest, I really did believe Chevy had some magic they were using to actually make it faster. Still tho, a 194 top speed for the Base is very fast for a NA car. It is only 4 MPH slower than the ZL1's official top speed which says a lot. And even if it doesn't top the current Z06 in every way, it still tops it in a few ways and is close to it in all the other ways and for only a fraction of the cost. It is enough to make me happy. But...maybe I'll just get the 1LT with Z51 now instead of the 3LT Z51. LOL!!

Thank you for that information and for all your help with all this stuff!!

You were right afterall shaffe. My fanboy-ism got the better of me, lol!! It was good debating you on it tho!!

100% correct!!
All good bro! The C8 is going to crush a ton of cars. I just thought pure acceleration eventually weight and HP were going to have to come in to play. I would bet its still a low 11 car for sure.

according to autoblog, the Z51 top speed is 184 due to adding 400 lbs of downforce.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 08-16-2019, 10:44 AM   #3050
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
There is no way the c8 z51 will outperform the c7 z06, that's laughable.

The c7 z06 is one of the best handling cars ever made. It pretty much beats everything in cornering capability except maybe the zr1. Any cars that are faster than the z06 pretty much only beat it in the straight line, which they are indeed much faster in. The z06 only traps at like 125-128mph, and it's running the same lap times as cars trapping 135+.

So to say a 500hp c8 is going to beat the z06 at anything except 0-60 is very unbelievable.

A chassis and weight balance designed by jesus is not going to overcome 150hp, huge downforce, and huge top of the range tires.

The only chance it has is if it weighs like 3100lbs or less, but that is highly doubtful.
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 12:24 PM   #3051
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

What can I say? I got carried away, lol!! My fanboyism got the better of me. But I'm back to thinking more realistically now. I think...
Old 08-16-2019, 12:43 PM   #3052
shaffe

Quote:
What can I say? I got carried away, lol!! My fanboyism got the better of me. But I'm back to thinking more realistically now. I think...
lol it's all good. It was based off a quote from a head guy, who was vouched for as it should be believed. Now it turns out the quote got messed up by a blogger so all good.