Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-25-2016, 05:48 PM   #1
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Strong MAF sensor <$40

Hey guys. I know some of you were looking into getting strong MAF sensors, and the usual going rate was something like around $70-$80. If you're like me, that price is a bit of a deterrence. However, a member on here caught wind that there is an amazon page selling them for half that price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
I don't want to step on any toes, but an FYI I found amazon has some strong maf for <$31. Search ACDelco 213-4222 GM Original Equipment Mass Air Flow Sensor as that is the part number I was told is "Strong" for our cars.
Being unsure, I'll pick up the one sold by amazon for a little more $38 with free two day shipping and report back on Saturday.
He went on to post that his was indeed a strong MAF sensor. A couple of other members have since also reported receiving strong MAF sensors from this vendor as well.
Quote:
New piece is a k20 unit in an ac delco bag. Idk if it makes a difference but will swap my "q" maf with this one tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper54 View Post
I also received a strong MAF from this same vendor on Amazon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcaligood View Post
Confirmed! Received the MAF sensor Number indicates "K16" so it is a strong one.
Thanks again!
I thought it was about time I went ahead and got one as well, so I ordered one from the same vendor. As you can see by K12 on the pic below, mine was also a strong MAF sensor.

It was speculation that perhaps since one or two people got a strong MAF, that maybe it was just the luck of the draw since the product page on amazon doesn't technically specify that it's a strong one, just that it's the GM recommended replacement. However, with four confirmed claims, it seems to reign true, or at least your chance of getting a strong one seems highly probable. I made this thread because 1.) who doesn't love saving money? And 2.) Apex was the go-to supplier for strong MAF sensors, and from what I've heard they are no longer around. So some of you may not know where to find these.

If you're unsure of what I'm referring to when I mention weak/strong MAF sensors, check out the following thread here. It is highly recommended you get one of these if you're planning on doing anymore breather mods past an intake set up. On the linked thread, it will list some of the common issues found when you have a weak MAF sensor, so if you recognize any of the symptoms, it may be time you upgraded as well.
The MAF sensor in question can be found here: Strong MAF Sensor
Thanks for reading, have a great day!
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports

Last edited by Gunmetal Speedster; 11-25-2016 at 06:05 PM.
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 05:59 PM   #2
chuckie669

Drives: 2011 ss
Thanks!
chuckie669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 06:07 PM   #3
fif_gen_powa

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Turbo
Nice!!
fif_gen_powa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 06:37 PM   #4
Gunmetal Speedster

Quote:
Thanks!
I didn't even realize that was you haha. Nice find man! In case no one navigated the old thread, I thought I would try and spread the word in a more refreshing one!
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Old 11-25-2016, 07:13 PM   #5
splashlog48

Drives: 2011 Green SS M6
Good Info !!!
Why pay Suckers Price ???
splashlog48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 08:55 PM   #6
chuckie669

Drives: 2011 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal Speedster View Post
I didn't even realize that was you haha. Nice find man! In case no one navigated the old thread, I thought I would try and spread the word in a more refreshing one!
Is all good. We're all here to help eachother out.
chuckie669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 12:52 AM   #7
houtx

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200848953396...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I got it from the following link for $46.99
houtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 11:35 AM   #8
Silverado60

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS/RS M6
Ordered mine from Amazon for a little over 30 bucks. Came today and it's k13
Texas speed F-35 cam, rollmaster timing set, melling hp pump, ls2 chain damper, fluid damper 25% under drive, Che rocker bushings, tsp .660 lift valve springs, BBK CAI Amzoil filter with Phastek ww relocation and scoop, Gmpp axle back, Speed engineering 1 7/8" LT's no cats, Peak speed shop ported tb, NGK tr6, MSD wires, Amsoil Zrod wix, heritage grill, 1.25" BMR springs, MRR 228, Nitto Nt05,dyno tuned by complete street performance, elite eng catch can, clean side separator, Hurst shifter, Zl1 addon wickerbill
Silverado60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 02:43 PM   #9
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Almost ordered one. Then decided to go out and check what is in the car. Its a K16, so I think I don't need one. Right?
Old 12-03-2016, 04:34 PM   #10
Silverado60

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
Almost ordered one. Then decided to go out and check what is in the car. Its a K16, so I think I don't need one. Right?
Correct
Attached Images

Texas speed F-35 cam, rollmaster timing set, melling hp pump, ls2 chain damper, fluid damper 25% under drive, Che rocker bushings, tsp .660 lift valve springs, BBK CAI Amzoil filter with Phastek ww relocation and scoop, Gmpp axle back, Speed engineering 1 7/8" LT's no cats, Peak speed shop ported tb, NGK tr6, MSD wires, Amsoil Zrod wix, heritage grill, 1.25" BMR springs, MRR 228, Nitto Nt05,dyno tuned by complete street performance, elite eng catch can, clean side separator, Hurst shifter, Zl1 addon wickerbill
Silverado60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 06:24 PM   #11
Gunmetal Speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
Yessir! You are smarter than I, I assumed mine wasn't going to be and just ordered one when I bought my CAI intake and went to put it on only to find out I already had one on there You know what they say when you assume haha currently waiting for my refund to be processed