Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-15-2019, 01:43 PM   #15
jjgi5150

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Well...

I agree with all the responses so far. It's insane to think that one might spend $120k...lose a motor after one or two track days like many GT350's have, and still think that's an OK scenario. One could buy a sticker priced ZLE and a really nice commuter car with that stupid ADM of $50k at this dealer...

I'd look at a very nice Porsche for that kind of money...
2017 Harley Street Glide Special
jjgi5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:48 PM   #16
SienarSystems

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Exactly...that’s what I bought in ‘06 when I tried to get a GT500. Ford dealership had an ADM and a no test drive policy. Went to the Porsche dealership and they told me to take the car for a day and then sold it for invoice.
SienarSystems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM   #17
BDivine76

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
There is currently some C8 madness happening at dealerships...it seems they have forgotten this is the base model car that is in no way limited production. I stopped by a local dealer that at least had a C8 to see/sit in. They were "only" charging a $5K ADM. The dealer closest to my house wanted $25K ADM. I know there are some people that will have to have it now and will pay...but all that money will just be gone six months after they start shipping the car. I don't agree with it, but I can understand on limited production number cars, but base model Corvettes?
BDivine76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:18 AM   #18
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 18 ZL1 1LE/18 M3 CP/19 ZL1 1LE A10
That’s why you saw it. No one is dumb enough to pay that.
URBAN LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:25 AM   #19
unavailablezl1
Built 1/17 Delivered 3/17

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Hyper Blue Metallic M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgi5150 View Post
Stopped in at my local Ford dealer for my free oil change on my Ford Edge. Walked into the showroom to check out two good looking white with black stripes GT350's. One was a standard, the other an "R"....

Standard was an ADM of $20k, and the "R" was $50k. $125k for an "R" !!! Beautiful cars...though not, IMO, any better than our ZL1's.

There are some rich folks out here who just might be dumb enough to pay that stupid amount for either car...

Just though it was interesting in light of GM offering such low prices for our ZL1's

JJ
Ford is offering good prices on the R. It is the greedy dealers that are ADM'ing the cars because they are POS's. I hope they burn in hell.

Past Rides
2016 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:28 AM   #20
unavailablezl1
Built 1/17 Delivered 3/17

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Hyper Blue Metallic M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmojo View Post
It is their retarded dealer allocation program. The GT500 is even worse with some Willy Wonka style golden ticket to get the track package cars with painted stripes. Instead of just building enough supply to meet demand, they are nurturing an environment of extreme dealer markups. The initial allocation will sell quickly, but then the cars will rot on the lots.

The GT350 guys think they are special because they paid too much.

This behavior has turned a bunch of Ford guys to Chevy. It will accelerate with the release of the C8 Corvette.
The GT350 guys are truly snotty and think their shit does not stink and they are better than anyone else. So it is the car that makes them special because without the car, they are nothing.

Past Rides
2016 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:45 PM   #21
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
Quote:
Originally Posted by unavailablezl1 View Post
The GT350 guys are truly snotty and think their shit does not stink and they are better than anyone else. So it is the car that makes them special because without the car, they are nothing.
i went from a GT to the GT350 and couldn't help but notice the snobbery of some by simply participating in another area of the forum. i'm sure it was some of the same people you noticed. just another reason i loathe that car, not all the car's fault though
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:46 AM   #22
GA1LE

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
I've never been more of a Ford or Chevy guy; I've owned half a dozen Mustangs and Camaros each. I like what I like regardless of brand, but ADM is exactly what pushed me into a ZLE vs a 350R. I wanted a track toy that was streetable and those were the two best options for my style and taste. No dealer was willing to even come to MSRP on a 350R, even with the 500 right around the corner. So I walked into a Chevy dealer, purchased a ZLE well under sticker price and now I giggle like Ron Swanson every time I hear that supercharger whine and think about guys overpaying for the Voodoo motor and carbon wheels.

Last edited by GA1LE; Today at 05:58 AM.
GA1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:46 AM   #23
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Seems that how bad the dealer screw factor is (ADM) depends on the area that the dealership is in. Here in New England, there was a dealer with a 10k ADM on a plain GT350, but no suckers showed up to buy that particular car for those terms. They ended up offering it to someone for basically MSRP.

As far as paying extra for the Shelby name, the real Shelby Mustangs were built at the Shelby American facility in 1965 and 1966. These newer cars are really just a badge and option package on a Ford. This doesn't mean that they are necessarily bad, but it does mean that they are not real Shelbys.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote