Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-12-2019, 09:04 PM   #1
Midblues

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2019 Turbo 4 LT 6sp
Parking brake question

So electric parking brake but mine dose not release or engage unless car is running or start button is pushed,so what if your battery goes dead you cant release the parking brake? I have a 6 speed manual 2.0 turbo.
Midblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:29 AM   #2
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
That's one of the reasons you don't want to let your battery die in these cars. Battery tenders are absolutely worth it.

As for what to do if you get stuck in that situation, the 3 options I know of are:

1) Use a jump pack or some other power source to temporarily give the car power to release the park brake.
2) Get under the car and remove the park brake motor from the caliper and then manually release the park brake. IIRC, it's a long/skinny (like a screwdriver shape) T30 to remove the motor, then a T50 to release the park brake itself.
3) Get a 12V power supply that can handle a couple amps of current and some wire+terminals and connect that directly to the park brake motor terminals after removing the existing connector. There's only two terminals on the park brake motor, and one polarity direction applies the park brake and the other releases.