Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 04-01-2019, 12:45 PM   #29
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBusDriver View Post
Thanks for the reply.

Dang, that sucks. I'm in the same boat as you, @L78toLT1, would love to know how it changes the handling dynamic without the update.
It indeed does suck but I can't imagine that the reprogram makes much of a difference. The MRC ride height sensors would always think the suspension was compressed an inch or so more than it really is due to the car sitting slightly lower. It would not be a huge deal to modify the sensors if it would help. You could mark the location of the sensor before adding the kit. Then tweak the sensor rods or mounts - I can't recall exactly how they mount to position the sensor in the same location after the car is lowered. This could possibly replace the reprogram with a mechanical change. Seems reasonable to me but again, I don't want to be the Guinea pig
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:34 PM   #30
YoungFamous
Amos6.2Jr

Drives: 21 A10 2SS 1LE
How could you tell the FE3 vs FE4 suspension just by looking at it?
YoungFamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 01:48 AM   #31
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
look for part numbers. your car 16 SS A8 came with FE3 from the factory. only the 1le and zl1 came with FE4 suspension.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:30 AM   #32
GrantB

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro SS 2SS
Thank you for this! Is there any way a dealer could simply install the tuning to my MRC without me adding trailing arms (to be honest..no idea what this is as this is my second sports car, I had a '17 2SS and now have an '18 2SS) and adding other items you listed such as springs. I was under the impression that the difference was in the MRC tuning solely. I suppose I was misled? Honestly wanting to trade my '18 2SS for an '18 1LE if I can get ground effects cheap enough and change the suspension. I agree that I am not as confident in my MRC as I was driving a friends 1LE. Any suggestions?
GrantB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 01:07 PM   #33
JCunningham

you have to buy the 1LE track pack to get it tuned. GM will not tune it if you dont. you dont have to install it for them to tune it. its not just the MRC tune its the springs. they lower the car 1/2" and are a little stiffer. the sway bars are a little stiffer then the SS. and the arms that come with it have bearings in them instead of bushings. the only thing you cant get is the Ediff and drive modes. i recommend just getting the 1LE.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 07-16-2019, 01:12 PM   #34
JCunningham

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
id like to find out if I do the install is there a charge to have the dealer program the MRC or is it included in the price of the kit?
GM falsely advertises that the tune is included with the kit. It is not. you have to pay the dealer $100 to reprogram the MRC.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:14 PM   #35
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
you have to buy the 1LE track pack to get it tuned. GM will not tune it if you dont. you dont have to install it for them to tune it. its not just the MRC tune its the springs. they lower the car 1/2" and are a little stiffer. the sway bars are a little stiffer then the SS. and the arms that come with it have bearings in them instead of bushings. the only thing you cant get is the Ediff and drive modes. i recommend just getting the 1LE.
THIS!!

The devil is in the details with the 1LE. There is so much more to it than the MRC calibration settings.

Sway bars, bushing selections, e-diff, wheels/tire package, control arms, ride height, stability/traction calibrations, etc.

GM did the 1LE package right, I would also recommend just moving to the 1LE, instead of trying to piece meal the SS into a 1LE

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:39 AM   #36
ron8879

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS
So oddball question. What suspension does the 1LE v6 car get? I would assume the FE3 suspension bits from the SS but what about the difference in weight from the front end of the v8 to the v6?
ron8879 is offline   Reply With Quote