Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-08-2015, 12:26 PM   #1
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Meguiar's Paint Protect

I purchased a 2015 White 1LE back in May and have been looking at different products to protect my paint and make it easy to keep clean. After many hours of doing research I have decided to go with Meguiar’s Paint Protect. I followed the very easy instructions on the back of the bottle:

“1. Apply a small amount of Paint Protect to a foam applicator or DA Power System Waxing Pad, then spread a thin, even coat over the entire car. Re-apply the product to the pad as needed. 2. Let Paint Protect cure for 3-5 minutes, then remove with a high quality microfiber towel, turning to a clean, dry portion of the towel for the final wipe.”

Easy enough, right? So after washing my car and following the simple instructions, I parked my car for the night. (I only applied the solution to the front and drivers side of the car to see the difference). When I woke up the next day, I decided to take my Camaro out for a ride and see what kind of elements we could run into to test the Paint Protect. So for the first part of the day there was nothing interesting except for bugs here and there so I decided to stop by In-N-Out and have a Double Double.

So what happens while I’m at the In-N-Out, the sprinklers come on and wet the entire front part of my Camaro. Normally I would be very upset but since I was actually looking for “trouble”, I find it funny that it found me when I wasn’t driving. So I drove home and pulled into the driveway to assess the “damage”. From what I could see by giving it the “eyeball” test, there was clearly less water spots on the side where I applied the Paint Protect vs the side that I didn’t. Naturally I couldn’t leave it like that so I pulled out my Meguiar’s Quick Detailer and microfiber towel and started to wipe down the “damaged” parts of the car. Something interesting happened while I did this, the section with the Paint Protect was very easy to clean and it looked like nothing had happened to it and was smooth. The other section, I couldn’t completely get rid of the water spots and the texture was a little rough. I ended up having to wash my Camaro again to get rid of the water spots on the non-protected section. But this time I made sure to apply the Paint Protect on the entire Camaro.

So although it might not completely keep you from getting water spots that have dried off, Paint Protect definitely helps keep your car clean and makes it very easy to maintain in case the elements happen. I hope this helps you guys out. I know I’m happy with it and will continue to use it.

-Guillermo

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:36 PM   #2
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Interesting. Thanks for sharing.
I've seen this in the stores and wondered if it was worth trying out.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote