Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-14-2015, 12:09 AM   #29
PlatinumIce
WILD CANADIAN HEARTBEAT

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE RS, 2014 ZL1& 2024 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 View Post
Hey Platinum. Hows it going brotha? Driven your car yet? The HB was bit more of a challenge on my year range which is why Magnuson had to have my car for a few weeks and why the Roto kit needed to be re-designed and the right angles found to allow it to be the first official kit for the 2010-2012 year range for this HB kit that will be publicly released by magnuson when they see fit. The 2014's seemed to be an easier mock up without the annoying PS pump and other variations..
Already put 12,000kms on it, been to Sturgis, Yellow Stone Park and many other cruises. It is running awesome. Going to be adding more power this fall. Always want more.
700/633 91Octane Street Tune=750/670 VP109 Race Tune TVS2300 Heartbeat SC,ADM Dual Fuel Pumps/ Module, BRM lowered 1", performance rotors, hawks pads, SS Braided lines, GT-14cam, 78mm pulley, AR LT Headers, Cat Deletes, Borla S catback, tinted, 1/LE emblems, 65lb Injectors, Elite catch can,dual valve springs, titanium retainers, super conductor wires and insulators, Robo Fab CAI, Oversize intercooler reservoir, Oracle ghost side markers, Black out Bowties & SS,ZL1 splash guards, Michelin PSS. Built and tuned by Davenport Motorsports (WILD1LE)
PlatinumIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 08:23 AM   #30
matt55

Drives: CTS-V
The TQ curve on the baseline looks really, really odd .
Old 08-14-2015, 10:05 AM   #31
NicKey

Drives: Nickey Super Camaro
We have not performed a side by side test. Based on the data we have, from other installs, the Magnuson Heartbeat Supercharger makes more HP and TQ even though it uses the same 2.3 Eaton Rotors.

Where it shines in my opinion is IATs and heat soak. This Supercharger is more efficient at maintaining lower temps and thus, more power.
Attached Images

NicKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:32 AM   #32
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
I will clear the air on the Roto-fab intake for the Heartbeat supercharger. We have an inlet elbow for a different application which can be cut down to fit the Heartbeat. When doing so, we loose the barb on the end of the tube which helps with hose retention. Additionally, the tube itself generally has to be tapped for the breather fitting. The new tube we are finishing up on now will be molded with the hose barbs and have a molded-in brass fitting for the breather fitting.
With our Magnuson 2300 intake, most tuners reported an increase of about 35 HP over the stock intake. Several called in right after their dyno session and started the conversation with, "Would you believe...."
Our air box volume and large filter really make the difference on the supercharged cars where air demands are higher. That's why our systems have been so popular for Magnuson, Whipple and E-force applications. That's also why moving forward with the tooling for this application was an easy decision.
As soon as we have some pics we will post them. As you might guess, the pics for our HB system will look extremely similar to the pics posted on this thread.
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:36 AM   #33
NicKey

Drives: Nickey Super Camaro
We are very satisfied with both the results and the quality of the Roto-fab CAIs and one of the main reasons that they are std equipment on the Hot Rod Magazine Limited Edition Camaros as well as the NicKey Stage I,II and III builds.

For our 50 States Emissions legal builds we maintain the stock GM airbox.
NicKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:04 AM   #34
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Man, that Nickey HotRod looks awesome...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 05:39 PM   #35
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumIce View Post
Already put 12,000kms on it, been to Sturgis, Yellow Stone Park and many other cruises. It is running awesome. Going to be adding more power this fall. Always want more.
Ive got about 500 miles on the blower. I just went to 1 meet before i started knocking out some exterior mod's. Then she will be getting more performance mod's and hopefully a forged 416.. Are you still running stock gears?
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:49 PM   #36
BigD6.6

Drives: 16 GMC Denali Dmax, 14 1LE, 10 SS
I just saw the feature on Super Chevy's website.

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/eng...-supercharger/
BigD6.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:47 PM   #37
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD6.6 View Post
I just saw the feature on Super Chevy's website.

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/eng...-supercharger/
Great read!
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote