Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 01-14-2016, 10:47 PM   #1
MrImSoFly

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS
Frustration is building

So here is the story of my first 1,355 miles. Car was doing great for a while. A couple weeks after I purchased it I order splash guards. On my first trip the part was defected,so I had to come back at later date. I returned January 2nd and the same thing happened. I return a week later and they finally installed the splash guards correct. However, another issue came up. The Rack and Pinion steering needed to be replaced. It was repaired but when l went to pick it up this evening there was a loud rumbling throughout the cabin now they told no one can inspect the vehicle until Saturday. I have been without my car since Saturday and I am now growing even more frustrated with this whole thing. I will definitely be on the phone with someone from chevy/GM tomorrow
MrImSoFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:06 PM   #2
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Goodluck
Old 01-14-2016, 11:32 PM   #3
Toxicgoober

Drives: 2014 Maxima
That sucks man. Similar situation as when I bought my Maxima a while back. I didn't drive the thing for nearly 3 out of the first 5 weeks I owned it because of stupid little issues like that. Such a pain. Really saps the excitement out of getting a new car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Toxicgoober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 07:59 AM   #4
MikeyCamaro

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
Sorry to hear that. These being such complex machines, whenever I buy a new car I just cross my fingers that mine won't be one of the unlucky that have multiple issues. It's a bit like playing the lottery. You have to hope you don't win the "sourball" and end up with a lemon. In your case, the sound might be an issue with the steering work they did. Hopefully once they get that cleared up, you'll be good to go!

Seen a few post on steering issues: could be a weak spot of the first year here. Every new/redesign has a few common issues. The price we pay for being on the cutting edge I guess. We've got them over on the Challenger forums too: radiator leaks being the most notable. All first year designs seem to have some weak spots that have to be worked out, so I say keep the faith and hang in there.

Best of luck.

Mike
MikeyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 09:18 AM   #5
cartem2

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2LT RS
Sorry to hear, hope they get everything worked out quickly and you're back on the road with it asap.