Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-24-2017, 11:18 PM   #15
pabloss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
I have 1' BMRs on my ss and feels like stock springs but with a nicer lower stance. I love them
pabloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 11:49 PM   #16
camarohead

Drives: 2010 ss rs ls3 red-white rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloss View Post
I have 1' BMRs on my ss and feels like stock springs but with a nicer lower stance. I love them
Thx Pablo, that's what I like to hear.
Old 06-25-2017, 03:01 AM   #17
Nzcamaro
NZ Camaro. New Zealand

Drives: 1968 camaro. 2010 2ss Camaro
hi all
i has my springs lowered 40mm by a spring maker over here, looks great but i am now finding it bottoming out a lot, our roads are not the best since our earthquakes, i do travel a lot to the top of the south island. about a 5 hour drive and feel it is very harsh.
i would like some standard springs to fit back in if anyone close to huntington beach have any as my shipping agent is there.
Nzcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:11 AM   #18
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Lets not forget this......It also depends on who and what is installed......and that it's done properly.....adjusted properly and aligned properly. Those little things also contribute to the process.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 11:57 AM   #19
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarohead View Post
About to add "1 inch drop springs to my car and am wondering is the stiffer ride worth the lower stance. Been researching a lot on lowering my car and have read some love it to hate it post...thx
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarohead View Post
Thx for the replies. I'm doing it for sure. I like a better handling car.
First thing might be to clearly decide whether a "lower stance" or better handling has at least slight priority. Most of any handling gains do not come from the "lower CG height" that results from lowering.

Just as a datapoint from a different point of view, when I finally got around to installing aftermarket springs, it was for the increased spring rates with the specific understanding that the amount of front lowering would be only around 5/8", and that I'd be shimming the rear springs to suit that. For me, any lower than that and I'd be questioning whether the still lower stance - which I wouldn't find visually appealing anyway - was worth any further increase in spring stiffness or further expense to coilovers.

Norm
Old 06-26-2017, 04:35 PM   #20
Stubbsy

Drives: 2012 2SS RS
I have just fitted Pfadt coil overs front and rear and regret it, as they are solid mounted and I'm running 22"s the road noise and harshness in the ride has spoilt the car in my opinion.
I'm considering putting back to stock.
Stubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote