Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 03-20-2021, 08:59 PM   #169
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
Maybe you should buy a Volt.
Well FWIW he does have a point. I have an SS, hardly anywhere even in stock form can I truly unleash it on the street without risking my license. It isn't like these emissions mandates were suddenly sprung on us. It was only a matter of time before they were truly enforced. I have a 4th Gen I'm building up but still running cats on my TD's. It still put down 450 to the wheels on a cam only LS3 car and is quick enough to put me behind bars.

It does suck for those track only cars, but being realistic probably only 10% of those using offroad pipes were truly 'track only'

As long as they allow us to keep buying catted equipment, I'm still okay with it, although technically even that isn't federally legal.
Old 03-21-2021, 12:04 PM   #170
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Well FWIW he does have a point. I have an SS, hardly anywhere even in stock form can I truly unleash it on the street without risking my license. It isn't like these emissions mandates were suddenly sprung on us. It was only a matter of time before they were truly enforced. I have a 4th Gen I'm building up but still running cats on my TD's. It still put down 450 to the wheels on a cam only LS3 car and is quick enough to put me behind bars.

It does suck for those track only cars, but being realistic probably only 10% of those using offroad pipes were truly 'track only'

As long as they allow us to keep buying catted equipment, I'm still okay with it, although technically even that isn't federally legal.
I have no issue with Cat equipped vehicles at all. There are some 800hp catted vehicles driving around and they drive just fine. Horsepower isn't a factor, it's how you drive your car. Just because it can be fast or quick doesn't mean you have to drive it that way.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:18 AM   #171
Fak_Ork

Drives: Silverado RST 21, 3.0, Crew, Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Ok, Imma be the asshole, - being behind/next to/near - a black cloud is not fun at all, especially when "they" think it is funny or cool.

So to me the problem became - when the end user thought it was cool to be an asshat instead of just performance. '

So I blame them.
Agreed. particulates, N Oxides, unburned Hydrocarbons- none of that is good for anyone, ripping off equipment that allows us to enjoy the traditions of ICE- but cleanly- is selfish and short sighted.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:34 AM   #172
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Vehicles can pass emissions testing without cats based on the fuel used...it's been done. All the cat equipped stuff is based around burning fossil fuel. If they actually gave a shit about the enviroment everything would of switched to alternative fuels a long time ago. E85 burns so much cleaner then pump gas it's not even funny. There is no money or pocket lining involved with E85 production. It only came around to appease a small group of tree huggers. Next everything is going to go electric and the production of battery operated stuff is going to be far more toxic then 18yr old Johnny running around with no cat on his hot rod burning pump gas.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA

Closed Thread