Drives: 17' 1LT Turbo
MOTORTREND HAS THE ZL1 1LE

Any Body Else Excited About This??
Attached Images

RobertAvitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 04:13 AM   #2
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Here we go more bias reviews with the almighty dollar in mind. It will get an awesome review, no doubt. Next will be the head to head with a toyota prius and the prius will be the prefered vehicle not because it's an all around better car because it gets better gas millage and makes us feel special......
Old 06-06-2017, 05:09 AM   #3
Drags1998

Drives: 15 SilveradoLTZ,162SSVert BlazerRS
LOL^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Drags1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:30 AM   #4
BluinSC

Drives: BVM 1SS
^lol
BluinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:56 AM   #5
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAZL1 View Post
Here we go more bias reviews with the almighty dollar in mind. It will get an awesome review, no doubt. Next will be the head to head with a toyota prius and the prius will be the prefered vehicle not because it's an all around better car because it gets better gas millage and makes us feel special......
Well, it IS California so....
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 06:54 AM   #6
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAZL1 View Post
My objection was the worn out mullet, drag race jab. Chevy is the most track oriented of the three. Even at the SS level, all the cooling it there.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 06-06-2017 at 07:16 AM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:39 AM   #7
Klayman

Drives: 2017 2SS A8 Black
Debuting a 10 speed automatic too.....60mph in 3.5 seconds.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:36 AM   #8
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
yeah i havn't seen anyone lately with a mullet, let alone one in a camaro, but this goes with every camaro article in pretty much every magazine. It didn't use to be this way in old magazines and they don't do it to mustangs or challengers, nor have they ever taken shots at imports. i know in the past a lot of people here havn't been bothered by it, but i take it as a constant insult as a camaro lover. i think it's the tired thing of someone who thinks they're funny and keeps telling the same joke unaware no one else is laughing.
some of these goofs writing today don't even know what they're talking about with the camaro "this is the first camaro that handles!" what?!
motor trend even said they couldn't believe that the camaro could win car of the year last year, unaware that they're own magazine gave it coty in 1982. bunch of dopes.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:48 AM   #9
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
yeah i havn't seen anyone lately with a mullet, let alone one in a camaro, but this goes with every camaro article in pretty much every magazine. It didn't use to be this way in old magazines and they don't do it to mustangs or challengers, nor have they ever taken shots at imports. i know in the past a lot of people here havn't been bothered by it, but i take it as a constant insult as a camaro lover. i think it's the tired thing of someone who thinks they're funny and keeps telling the same joke unaware no one else is laughing.
some of these goofs writing today don't even know what they're talking about with the camaro "this is the first camaro that handles!" what?!
motor trend even said they couldn't believe that the camaro could win car of the year last year, unaware that they're own magazine gave it coty in 1982. bunch of dopes.
I think the fancy word for it is confirmation bias. Everyone has this pre-set idea in their head and tries to run with it every time. Everyone is still thoroughly convinced that American sports cars is the low class trash of all the sports cars, yet it's on top on a LOT of metrics.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:50 AM   #10
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klayman View Post
Debuting a 10 speed automatic too.....60mph in 3.5 seconds.
Pretty sure the ZL1 1LE is manual only...

On a side note, Car and Driver has a ZL1 1LE now too.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:31 AM   #11
Tremek

Drives: 2012 CTS-V Wagon
I'm not sure what you're all up in arms about, but Lieberman loves the Camaro and the Alpha platform in general.

I met the guy a few years ago at the Virginia City Hillclimb where he brought up a new CTS-V and flogged it hard and enjoyed himself. He also loved my wagon and likes GM in general. If I remember right they also loved the 1LE in their Best Driver's Car competition last year.

So why all the angst?
Old 06-06-2017, 12:30 PM   #12
SliChillax

Drives: Camaro ZL1 A10, F-Type R, RR Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremek View Post
I'm not sure what you're all up in arms about, but Lieberman loves the Camaro and the Alpha platform in general.

I met the guy a few years ago at the Virginia City Hillclimb where he brought up a new CTS-V and flogged it hard and enjoyed himself. He also loved my wagon and likes GM in general. If I remember right they also loved the 1LE in their Best Driver's Car competition last year.

So why all the angst?
Because in a head 2 head against the GT350R they chose the Mustang as the better car because it felt more special and raw against the ZL1. Hard to disagree there, the GT350R is a track car first, the ZL1 is just an amazing all rounder. But a car focused for being a track weapon will always feel more raw and exciting.
SliChillax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 12:48 PM   #13
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
Yeah, I get tired of the Camaro/Mullet reference. Coming from someone that has owned from all the Big 3, the most hillbilly cars were always the Fox Body Mustangs anyway, even in the 80's. Somehow, people put that stereotype on the Camaro.
My guess is that it has more to do with the 2nd gen Camaros of the 70's, air shocks, and Mickey Thompson tires that could not be made to fit into the stock wheel wells. By the 80's, the image had stuck.

That may be the Mustang II's saving grace, that few if any were treated that way.

Quote:
The ZL1 1LE is . . .
an amazing machine.

Norm
Old 06-06-2017, 12:53 PM   #14
Klayman

Drives: 2017 2SS A8 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Pretty sure the ZL1 1LE is manual only...

On a side note, Car and Driver has a ZL1 1LE now too.
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevr...e-squad-goals/

Motortrend has it wrong then...."Also of great interest on the ZL1 is the debut of GM’s 10-speed automatic transmission. Co-developed to a point with Ford, Chevy’s hopped up Camaro version gets unique gearing, valving, and control software. Gears one through six are very tightly spaced, seventh is direct, and eight through 10 are for highway cruising."

Maybe the 1LE is the manual option?...."Should you opt for the six-speed manual version of the ZL1, the feds are going to hit you with a $1,300 Gas Guzzler tax."
I was thinking ZL1.

I see...you are correct: "The ZL1 1LE will only be available with a six-speed manual transmission, just like the Z/28."