#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-22-2017, 11:14 AM   #29
zipline

Drives: chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 1LE View Post
Sure, if it ended up being a total slug. They built the hype with the 3 secs faster than... So, now it has to live up to that.
It looks as if the guys who are up on this track time stuff are hoping for a 7:15 ish Ring Time. The 3 seconds you mention would be game changing for a 1/4 mile ET but is hardly critical in this instance where it is a plus 7 minute event. 3 seconds in this range is a mere 7/10s of 1%. That would be well within the envelope of driver variation, atmospheric conditions, etc. and NOT statistically significant by any analysis of variance. However, nobody is ever going to be able to feel the difference between cars that may be less than 1% apart. Sorry but I really doubt if any of us are that good.
zipline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:17 AM   #30
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
If you watch the video of the new Corvette he does you will see the rain and hail
Old 04-22-2017, 12:55 PM   #31
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipline View Post
It looks as if the guys who are up on this track time stuff are hoping for a 7:15 ish Ring Time. The 3 seconds you mention would be game changing for a 1/4 mile ET but is hardly critical in this instance where it is a plus 7 minute event. 3 seconds in this range is a mere 7/10s of 1%. That would be well within the envelope of driver variation, atmospheric conditions, etc. and NOT statistically significant by any analysis of variance. However, nobody is ever going to be able to feel the difference between cars that may be less than 1% apart. Sorry but I really doubt if any of us are that good.
3 seconds faster around Milford Road Course was the advertised improvement, which is a 2.9 mi. track...at that length, 3 seconds faster is ages.

On the Ring, that translates to somewhere around 12-16 seconds.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:33 PM   #32
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
ok, what's up with all the caulk on the course?

I would think that would effect the grip of the tires at some point.....
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:39 PM   #33
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
ok, what's up with all the caulk on the course?

I would think that would effect the grip of the tires at some point.....
Most of it is paint. Fan-fed Graffiti to support a team/manufacturer, or memorial to someone who died...it's become something of a tradition/cult-following.

Of course...there was the 30' penis painted on the course in 2013....
Old 04-23-2017, 08:43 AM   #34
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Quote:
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...28&postcount=9
Old 04-23-2017, 08:49 AM   #35
1295/SS

Drives: 87 GNX 87 Turbo T '13 CTS-V
Quote:
3 seconds is significant regardless of how you interpret it.
1295/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 09:26 AM   #36
zipline

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1295/SS View Post
3 seconds is significant regardless of how you interpret it.
Wrong.

3 seconds beyond 10 or 11 seconds is obviously huge. 3 seconds on top of over 7 minutes doesn't matter.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:30 AM   #37
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Team Camaro is doing work this week....

Hope we can get times in a "timely" manner this time around.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:35 AM   #38
crossroaddemons

Drives: 1971 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Wrong.

3 seconds beyond 10 or 11 seconds is obviously huge. 3 seconds on top of over 7 minutes doesn't matter.
Stand by. I've got Al Oppenheiser on the other line.

Hi Al, 3 seconds doesn't matter bro! Ok, you're heading back from Germany now right? Cool. Sorry you guys wasted your time over there. Enjoy your flight. Peace out!
crossroaddemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:12 AM   #39
Rusty35

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Wrong.

If you are 3 seconds behind the leader at the end of a 7 minute lap you are way behind.
Rusty35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:29 AM   #40
zipline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty35 View Post
If you are 3 seconds behind the leader at the end of a 7 minute lap you are way behind.
Let me know exactly how that feels when you get back from the "Ring" and how much faster or slower your ZL1 feels on the street as result of this critical 3 second deficit. Ridiculous or are all you guys top flight professional drivers who will feel these differences that would be imperceptible to us mere mortals. As if less than 1% of a time difference is going to matter to any of us here. Laughable.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:36 AM   #41

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Is there anyone who would change their mind about a ZL1 purchase based on a reported "Ring Time"?
Quote:
Quote:
Wrong.

Quote:
Let me know exactly how that feels when you get back from the "Ring" and how much faster or slower your ZL1 feels on the street as result of this critical 3 second deficit. Ridiculous or are all you guys top flight professional drivers who will feel these differences that would be imperceptible to us mere mortals. As if less than 1% of a time difference is going to matter to any of us here. Laughable.
Laughable, yes....to you that is. Dude, we get it that you're not a fan of the 'Ring or Ring times.....Most in here are and are curious about it. To many it is meaningful and of interest.

I don't see why you need to keep bashing it, or those who are interested in it.

Perhaps start your own thread poo-pooing Chevy using the Ring for purposes you don't understand or care about. Just a suggestion.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:39 AM   #42
hjdca

Drives: 2015 Z/28 Black
The car is "signed" on the right side of the rear bumper... Could it be "number 1" or something like that ?
hjdca is offline   Reply With Quote