Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 11-17-2018, 01:02 PM   #99
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Any data on the 95mm tb and msd combined with a flashed/recalibrated gm cai?
nope and IMO, note IMO, that reflash has to be hype. As I said IMO it is either a stock box with a hole cut in it with green filter just like the $12000 Callaway, Ligenfelter too I may add, or a Rotofab. I'm a long away out of this debate now. If a vendor wants to pay an independent shop not on some silly back to back test, but put it on drive it for a week dyno this "high flow wonder" take it off put the stock box back in, then dyno again... then I'm all ears... ALL cars will show a gain OEM to a slightly leaner mixture, means nothing after you dirve it around.

Note that even Rotofab is IMO... So yep lets see the dyno go the other way. dyno with the highflow wonder, put stock lid back on with no filter or base... let me know.

So I'm saying the 103mm and a ported MSD works, even with stock tune.

I'm saying IMO CAI of any sort is iffy, and IMO Rotofab is probably the best. For me I had the CAI CAI, and both MAF versions of the Mishimoto... both with less than stellar results.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 09:36 AM   #100
ss2fast4u
2018 Camaro 1ss M6

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS M6/ LT4 SC
sooooooooo is this setup worth it or no lol were still waiting on those impressions haha
ss2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:05 AM   #101
oldman

I think it was worth it FBO (this should be the last BO), my only caution is the box, which I would go Roto-fab, or stock with green filter and a hole cut in.

I will also point out this BO, works even better with heads and / or cam. If you are NEVER going to cam your car, Pray's ported stuff is a better way to spend your money.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
Old 11-18-2018, 04:30 PM   #102
ss2fast4u
2018 Camaro 1ss M6

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS M6/ LT4 SC
Anytime I look into the upgrade route it seems like it always ends with either go cam and heads or forced induction if you want a real performance boost lol ����*♂️
ss2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:02 PM   #103
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
CAI

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
nope and IMO, note IMO, that reflash has to be hype. As I said IMO it is either a stock box with a hole cut in it with green filter just like the $12000 Callaway, Ligenfelter too I may add, or a Rotofab. I'm a long away out of this debate now. If a vendor wants to pay an independent shop not on some silly back to back test, but put it on drive it for a week dyno this "high flow wonder" take it off put the stock box back in, then dyno again... then I'm all ears... ALL cars will show a gain OEM to a slightly leaner mixture, means nothing after you dirve it around.

Note that even Rotofab is IMO... So yep lets see the dyno go the other way. dyno with the highflow wonder, put stock lid back on with no filter or base... let me know.

So I'm saying the 103mm and a ported MSD works, even with stock tune.

I'm saying IMO CAI of any sort is iffy, and IMO Rotofab is probably the best. For me I had the CAI CAI, and both MAF versions of the Mishimoto... both with less than stellar results.
I appreciated the "IMO" in your statements. A lot of people don't note that.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:17 PM   #104
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Thanks for the vote of support oldman! I agree, no more bolt-ons for me until I have time for a cam and tune.

In the mean time... ss2fast4u, I appreciate your patience and all I can say is oldman is correct in his assessment of this being a worth while bolt-on. And while we're not supposed to tell war stories... there is a red Porsche Carrera 4wd that will attest to a bolt-on Camaro's ability here in S.Utah. Not just in a straight line (actually, he didn't want to play in a straight line after our first encounter), but cornering at speed as well (thought I was gonna have to stop and find him in the weeds!)

I don't have any hard numbers but IMHO my butt dyno sez this is a no loss at bottom end and definite win at the top end rush for a bolt-on with no tune. I've experienced no adverse effects or issues since adding these parts.

Last edited by Ventmaster; 11-18-2018 at 07:30 PM.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:49 AM   #105
Matt@Tick

Drives: All GM Performance
This manifold and TB combo is hands down the best bolt on gain we have seen in all of our testings.
Matt@Tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 11:46 AM   #106
Brianw36
SNSTRSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS A8
Does anyone know the correct throttle max area size for the 95mm under Throttle area limits in HPTuners?
Old 11-20-2018, 11:56 AM   #107
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@Tick View Post
This manifold and TB combo is hands down the best bolt on gain we have seen in all of our testings.
The gains have been proven at the track also, your product has helped me hammer down a 10.44@128 in a bolt-on only car. Thanks Tick Performance.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:43 PM   #108
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
The gains have been proven at the track also, your product has helped me hammer down a 10.44@128 in a bolt-on only car. Thanks Tick Performance.
What do think it picked up over your stocker?
Old 11-20-2018, 01:13 PM   #109
Matt@Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
We are happy to be part of the project.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:20 PM   #110
18ss376

Drives: Camaro
Snowblind or Matt what does LTH & WR mean?
18ss376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 02:10 PM   #111
oldman

I did FBO including E85, IMO the performance was actually pretty good. I actually put a 5 car hurt on a hellcat... FYI.

My two major points FOB, the MSD and 103 is not drastically better or even "better" than Pray's ported items. At least IMO. The MSD ported with 103 MM will be better than ported stuff with cam and headers, so I think you really know where you are going to stop. If you are going supercharger, I'd stick with stock, or Pray ported stuff (lots of flash in the factory stuff), the 103 MM and MSD on boost, seems to be near worthless. I have for grins put the stock stuff (ported by me) back on and notice NO difference between that and the ported MSD / 103mm. My ported stuff is blah vs Pray... BTW.

CAI, IMO this is where the least HP will be found, for bolt-ons. If I were to do it again (I'm not), RotoFab seems the most convincing, and even there I would like to see a reverse bolt on. Dyno with RotoFab, then put stock box on with no filter, dyno, put green filter on, dyno, put stock filter on dyno. RotoFab seems to back there stuff up, maybe they would offer a free setup for somebody willing to do just that.
Old 11-20-2018, 03:11 PM   #112
Matt@Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18ss376 View Post
Snowblind or Matt what does LTH & WR mean?
(LTH) Long tube headers

(WR) Weight Reduction, I'm guessing at this one lol!