Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 09-17-2018, 08:10 PM   #15
norcalautosports

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2lt
I just replaced my resistor for my blinker, and Im still having hyper flash. Now that you have mentioned the red tab I think I recall breaking one when doing the initial install a few months back. I do not recall which side I broke the tab on and didn't notice when replacing the resistor. I will pull my taillight back out and see if maybe that is my problem as-well. Ill get back to you.
norcalautosports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 10:20 PM   #16
norcalautosports

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonTTK View Post
Yeah actually having same issue myself i installed new tail lights a few days ago where fine but then started to rapid blink, first 3-4 where normal then would go rapid fire, i checked front passenger blinker was normal but back was rapid flickering, for me just before it started it rained really bad the night before and i went to open my trunk and a small bit of water might've gotten into that area so im thinking maybe that was cause or just poor connection as when i first noticed the problem i put some pressure on my connector incase it was lose and it went back to normal for a hour or so then the problem came back, additionally when i was having the lights swapped out one of the red lock tabs broke off not allowing for a tight connection so that could be my issue personally still trying to find out where to buy a new one if anyone has any idea's let me know thanks.

Edit: Also my lights are sequential but when i tested my hazard lights both sides worked normally fine like they should, but when i used right blinker that one wasn't operating how it should.

@OP if you find a fix for your problem please let me know, and if i find the reason for mine if its not red-lock tab ill post here as well

So I pulled my tail light again, red tab is fine I wiggled it around and everything, no change in the hyper flash. Checked the front turn signal bulb again no problems there. I plugged in my Stock red tail lights and they worked perfectly. Im starting to think maybe it is a problem with the taillight itself. DragonTTK can I ask where you got your taillight from, and if you are having the hyper flash problem on just one side or both? if one side which side?
Old 09-18-2018, 12:16 PM   #17
norcalautosports

I found a fix to my problem. After buying a new resistor and replacing the old one it still hadn't fixed the problem. I had checked everything, bcm fuses, front turn signal bulb, swapped it with my stock taillight and it worked perfectly fine, checked for loose connection, everything. The resistor harness comes with two wires one has a single resistor on it, and the other has two resistors. The wire with two resistors goes on the driver side, and the single resistor goes onto the passenger side (side I was having the problem with). So after the new single resistor wasn't working I decided to plug the new double resistor in. This was the answer to my problem! Im assuming that the single resistor decided that it wasn't enough resistance anymore. Now I have double resistors on each side, and everything is back to normal. Along with my new led reverse lights I just installed.